GarageBand Reviews

Shawngela Pierce | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 22, 2020

if you haven't tried GarageBand, you should

I use GarageBand in my coaching and training business to record and edit my audiobook. I also use it to make guided meditations recordings that I sell in my store. In addition to this, I have used it to edit some audio files when I couldn't get it edited properly in Final Cut Pro X. In the future, I plan to use it for recording and editing podcasts.
  • GarageBand is very intuitive
  • GarageBand is easy to learn
  • It would be nice to view the dB levels like in Final Cut Pro X, so I could easily keep recordings at the same level.
  • Adjusting the audio levels doesn't always go as planned because it is easy to move the audio level line past your desired level.
GarageBand is particularly well suited for beginner and intermediate audio editors. It is robust, easy to learn and has tons of features that will keep you busy learning. One of the things I particularly like is that it comes free with Mac computers! For advanced audio editing, however, I would recommend Logic for Mac users.
Read Shawngela Pierce's full review
Ben Caplan | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 22, 2020

If you want to test the waters of audio... use this before buying something

GarageBand is a nice tool to use for editing audio tracks or developing an audio track to use for something like a video, radio ad, or the like.

I have used GarageBand to edit podcast episodes, edit soundtracks for video and even seen it used for music/songs.

GarageBand isn't currently being used by our whole organization, but rather by me specifically to test different marketing and outreach programs such as podcasting and video-blogs.

GarageBand is a simple tool that any organization can use to edit soundtracks, audio files and more for marketing purposes. If you're looking into podcasting and need a simple tool to edit the audio files - this will do a great job.
  • Equalizes multiple audio tracks.
  • Cuts and splices multiple audio files.
  • So many features one can get lost.
  • The learning curve is steep then mellows out.
GarageBand is fantastic for the following scenarios:
  1. Editing single audio tracks for podcasts
  2. Splicing multiple audio tracks together to create one
  3. Equalizing any number of tracks
  4. Tons of vocal treatments for getting different voice effects
  5. Preloaded instruments if you'd like to add instrument audio
You can do a variety of things with GarageBand...
  • Create and edit podcasts
  • Edit multiple audio files to use in a radio ad or similar use
  • Create full-length songs
  • Equalize audio files for a video
Read Ben Caplan's full review
February 18, 2020

You can be the "One Man Band"

So I have been using GarageBand for my personal use since almost 2015 now the time I got my first iPad. I know this software well because my sister uses it extensively to record her music and add tracks to it, which she usually posts it on Youtube(Production quality). The reason she uses it and prefers it over sophisticated software like Ableton, ACID, etc. is because of its capability to do things smoothly and efficiently.
  • Ease of use
  • Free to use
  • Only useful of IOS devices
  • Lacks advanced features compared to other software.
  • So for an individual who likes to record music and add some cool tracks to it, nothing beats GarageBand. GarageBand is just so convenient to use, and the best thing is I can edit it on any device I am currently on. So If I am traveling, I can use my iPad or iPhone to edit the same track, which I was writing earlier. As long as you have the Apple ecosystem, you can be a "One man band."
  • However, when the scale increases to production-grade, this won't be an ideal place to go for it. Also, I believe many times the inbuilt tracks, and for that matter, the ones available online are also just a small subset of what you find in the other apps.

About GarageBand

Apple offers GarageBand, a digital audio workstation packaged with its operating system.