Mobile Security Framework (MobSF) is being used by the security team. It helps majorly static analysis of Android and iOS applications, but can be used for dynamic analysis for both as well. Mobile Security Framework (MobSF) is one such great tool that is always present in the toolkit of every security consultant/researcher.
- Static Analysis of Android & iOS Applications
- For getting to know the hash values of Android & iOS Applications
- Can be used as an automated scanners to see any hardcorded issue or any other bug within the application code.
- The dynamic testing analysis can be improved for both Android & iOS apps
- Although the UI is great, it can still be improved - like a dark theme UI can be a great addition
- Support to emulator can be improved as it slows down a lot when used with emulator.
Mobile Security Framework (MobSF) is particularly well suited for mobile application security assessments/pentests (Android and iOS). While it is a go to tool for a security guy, the developers can also use this tool to check if the scanner points out an issue or if there is a room for improvement in the app.