Reviews (1-2 of 2)
January 22, 2019
Score 7 out of 10
We are using Ipswitch MOVEit across the departments as the base system for files transfers between us and our customers and between us and our vendors. It is helping us achieve the following goals:
- having the ability to transfer large size files between us and customers/suppliers
- highly securing the files transfers since we are dealing with highly sensitive IPs
- doing the above in an easy and friendly manner
- Huge files transfer between internal and external sites
- Secure transfers.
- Nice and friendly user Interface
- More features could be added in the UI, like drag and drop files
- Setting up the system initially can be a little difficult
- More flexibility on the user's permissions can help - we have specific requirements to empower people like project managers to manage only their own projects(folders) and even to create external users for customers. We had to build a custom application that uses the MOVEit API to implement these requirements.
- The cost is a little high for the features that it offers.
Read Cristian Bodnarasec's full review
You can use Ipswitch MOVEit for secure file transfers, from small to huge sizes. When dealing with highly sensitive data, like customers' IPs, the security is one of your top concerns. That was the main reason we bought this software several years ago and still use it, even if the yearly cost is a little more than others.
December 14, 2017
Score 8 out of 10
Ipswitch MOVEit is being used across our entire organization. It is used to bypass file size restriction when sending or receiving email. We also use Ipswitch MOVEit when sharing files back and forth between our customers. We also have some departments that utilize it similar to a FTP site and provide access to customers at different folder levels.
- Ipswitch MOVEit is very easy to use. Once a user logs into the website they can send a package or email to an other user or someone outside the organization. This has a similar look and feel to a web based email service.
- For users that are not part of our organization Ipswitch MOVEit effortlessly can create a new account and provide that users with an email and activation instructions. IT does not need to be involved with setting up users.
- Temporary users are controlled by a policy that will disable and remove accounts based on setting set by administrators. This is a great way to make sure old accounts are removed when not used.
- Drag and dropping of files to attached to packages.
- I believe there is room for improvement when it comes to setting up folder and group security.
- A better mobile app is absolutely needed. The current app lacks in features.
Read Brian Munn's full review
Ipswitch MOVEit is perfect for larger companies looking for a secure easy to use file transfer solution. Ipswitch MOVEit provides many features that allow users to connect in many ways and share files. If you are looking for an easy way to bypass the file restrictions when sending or receiving emails then Ipswitch MOVEit is a great product for you and your company.
Progress MOVEit (formerly Ipswitch MOVEit) Scorecard Summary
What is Progress MOVEit (formerly Ipswitch MOVEit)?
Progress MOVEit offers a range of solutions to help companies:
- Securely transfer files between applications, internal users, external customers or business partners.
- Automate and administer tasks without advanced programming.
- Consolidate costs and management while establishing a documented audit trail.
- Meet internal and external compliance requirements including HIPAA, SOX, GDPR, FINRA, BASEL, PCI and others.
Progress MOVEit (formerly Ipswitch MOVEit) Screenshots
Progress MOVEit (formerly Ipswitch MOVEit) Video
Progress MOVEit (formerly Ipswitch MOVEit) Downloadables
Progress MOVEit (formerly Ipswitch MOVEit) Integrations
Progress MOVEit (formerly Ipswitch MOVEit) Competitors
Progress MOVEit (formerly Ipswitch MOVEit) Pricing
- Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
- Entry-level set up fee?Optional
Progress MOVEit (formerly Ipswitch MOVEit) Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||20%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||30%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||50%|
Progress MOVEit (formerly Ipswitch MOVEit) Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Progress MOVEit (formerly Ipswitch MOVEit) Technical Details
|Deployment Types:||On-premise, SaaS|
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android|
|Supported Countries:||North America, Latin America, EMEA, APJ/APAC|
|Supported Languages:||English, Spanish, French, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese|