Reviews (1-9 of 9)
June 15, 2020
We use GoAnywhere MFT to automate inbound and outbound secure file transfers with external partners. Partners connect using FTP/FTPS/SFTP/AS2/HTTPS protocols and files are transferred to and from multiple internal destinations (network shares, MQ, FTPS, SFTP). We also use it internally to automate file transfers that require protocol translation, and for basic content transformation.
- Comprehensive security configuration.
- Powerful project designer.
- File transfer automation.
- Command line interface and web services support.
- Reviewing support cases on support web site.
- Testing remote resources is limited without creating a project.
- With so many features, it can take awhile to master it.
GoAnywhere MFT is well suited for:
- Automated batch processing.
- Implementing secure file transfer servers (FTP, SFTP, FTPS, HTTPS), with the ability to tune the security options you want to use (ciphers suite, certificates, etcetera) and to manage the permissions for the users (individually or by assigning user to groups).
- Managing encryption keys, SSL certificates and SSH keys easily.
- Protocol translation.
- Build frameworks for file transfer and automatic reprocess.
Read Hernan Gomila's full review
They would help us to identify the problem and provide a solution every time. Support also will answer questions about what the application can do and how, and it would allow you to submit enhancements requests for consideration to be included in future versions.
March 02, 2020
Score 9 out of 10
- We utilize GoAnywhere MFT to transfer files to and from third-party vendors.
- By implementing this platform, your organization can automate the sending and receiving of files.
- This solution provides more options than simple file transferring and can get very detailed with the available processes that can occur to the files.
- Transfers files quickly and securely between locations.
- It allows the setting of multiple schedules for automation to occur.
- Supports encryption and allows changing keys easily.
- Reduces the need to write custom scripts for transferring files.
- In the beginning, when implementing, it can take a while to understand how it works thoroughly.
- Due to the added abilities learning to configure the software can take some time.
- Training for this product will cost extra. The training is also not excellent.
- The software seems glitchy at times, sometimes being slow or corrupting jobs.
- Very useful when you need to transfer files on a daily schedule and in repeatable sequence.
- Solves the need to use other software to encrypt or decrypt files. It allows the use of executing commands.
- The library allows you to input multiple steps in your process as if you were creating a program to execute your specific needs.
- If you have the time to deploy, you will not be disappointed, but if you are in a time constraint, the deployment of your system can be challenging to stand up. The platform itself is easy to install, but the projects can take time to create appropriately.
Read Jesus Covarrubias, CEH's full review
Support has not been much of a hassle, but basic questions can sometimes end up with: "we offer training."
It is used by the organization to upload and download files from our trading partners. We have Vendors logon our sftp server also upload and download files. We even use internally to Linux, AIX and Windows servers. It turns lots of manual processes into automated. It is working very well with the features in the software.
- Advance workflow.
- Enhanced auditing.
- Web user.
- Admin roll and security roll.
- PGP key.
- The product is difficult to learn initially, but once you get a grip on it, it is not that difficult.
- Sometimes simple tasks require more logic.
We are getting a file from our trading partners. I connect to their Mainframe (IBM Z) and download file. Before I send the file to final destination to our Lawson server, I need to find and replace trailing spaces. Since Mainframe print character and Windows are different, I use GoAnywhere automated task to replace and it works really great. I saw over 5,000 entries completed in 4 secs.
Sometimes renaming a simple file name can be difficult.
Sometimes renaming a simple file name can be difficult.
Read Parul Patel's full review
Support has been great. But training can be expensive. I wish training for this product were more comprehensive. It is so much to learn in little time. There are so many features of the product, that it is impossible to learn in short time. The product works great. The upgrade process is much easier and quicker than other products.
We are currently using GoAnywhere MFT as an automated file transfer tool. We primarily use it to move files to and from remote SFTP servers. Before we were using GoAnywhere, we were having to devote numerous man hours every week to the process of moving files to and from our clients but in having this tool available, it has allowed us to significantly improve our performance and efficiency.
- Automated workflows
- Customer service
- Ease of use
- Simplicity of development
GoAnywhere is well suited for a number of scenarios. It is wonderful at automating jobs to run and for file movement capabilities. That is primarily what we use it for and it has saved us a lot of time and effort. I have not used this piece of the software, but I hear that it is also very good at doing parsing and interpretation of different data types such as X12.
Read this authenticated review
GoAnywhere's support team is absolutely wonderful. They are always very fast to respond and will do anything that they can to help you with whatever dilemma you are facing. They also have a great user forum that is very helpful if you are looking for the solution to a problem or just want some advice from others. They are constantly looking to improve and always looking for suggestions on what customers would like to see next which is refreshing.
April 10, 2020
This is being used by many departments within my organization to send and receive files on a monitor, trigger, or scheduled basis. It solves problems in sending the files manually to automatic and on a time, monitor basis to help in making SLA's being met. Also used to organize and reduce space of file usage in certain areas by removing files older then a certain date or time frame.
- Timeliness of sending files whether monitored, scheduled, or trigger type.
- Informing customers on either side, receiving or sending, of the process for projects.
- Ease of use in the process in creating projects.
- Reports are PDF based and would be good to have exportable file types.
- Ability to choose what to show in reports.
This product is suitable to any aspect where a user may need to look at creating projects to support the organization's need to work. Mostly in my experience it is sending files via SFTP, AWS, or cleaning old data files on a schedule based on time frame.
Read this authenticated review
It has a great interface and working and creating projects are an ease to the user for aesthetics. When I have had issues the support has been a great team in discussing the concerns I have had. They are constantly looking to get the solution as quickly as possible and if not they will create a case and continue to work it.
April 24, 2019
We use GoAnywhere for several different functions. It serves as our public facing FTP server, we have internal only FTP servers to serve as conduits for file transfer and we have hundreds of projects designed to transfer files, inject SQL queries and securely transfer files from point to point. All of these processes can be completed by this one product.
- For an FTP server it is robust but very easy to use and configure.
- For a project manager for file transfers, it allows you to do nearly anything, from simple file move to file rename, move, zip, and create a new folder location to drop the file in.
- GoAnywhere has a gateway device that allows for securing the traffic coming from outside your network in without exposing too much of your network.
- Ticketing system needs the ability to view the ticket, see status, and what has been done.
Read Todd Percival's full review
GoAnywhere is easy to use and easy to learn. Once you get the basics down learning how to do advanced functions becomes even easier. Their support is top notch and is always ready to lend a hand.
April 17, 2019
Score 9 out of 10
We are currently using GoAnywhere MFT across our entire organization. We use it for the automated movement of files across multiple platforms -- Windows, iSeries, Linux, etc. We also use it for sending and receiving files to our external business partners. GoAnywhere provides functionality such as file copies, FTP, e-mail capabilities, file compression, and file encryption.
- GoAnywhere MFT makes the encryption and decryption of files effortless.
- GoAnywhere MFT provides great automation capabilities, including automated scheduling and triggers.
- GoAnywhere MFT is able to translate data into many different formats, including text files, Excel, XML, .csv, etc.
- I can't think of any functionality that we need, but that is missing in GoAnywhere MFT.
GoAnywhere MFT is especially well-suited for automated file movement across platforms, as well as with external business partners.
Read this authenticated review
My GoAnywhere MFT support questions have always been answered quickly and completely.
November 21, 2017
We utilize GoAnywhere MFT for secure file transfers to and from our vendors. We also use it internally for data transfers between internal systems and automated e-mail tasks. The platform is used across our entire organization. Before purchasing GA MFT, we were combining powershell scripts, Windows Task Scheduler and IpSwitch WSFTP to automate file transfers and other tasks. That was an administrative nightmare!
- Automated Task Scheduling - This is a no-brainer. Schedules are easily set up to accomplish anything from basic file transfer tasks to advanced database queries and e-mails.
- User Interface - Easy to navigate and organized. A central administration dashboard is available to keep up with processes and users.
- Multiple file transfer solutions - GA MFT provides FTP, FTPS, SFTP, HTTPS, Secure E-Mail as options for secure file transfers. If one method does not suit the needs internally or for a vendor, other options are available.
- Not really a con, but would like to see more robust examples of different tasks. Other than that, this product is top notch.
Read Bill Goodwin's full review
GA MFT is excellent for secure transfers to/from our vendors. We can either connect out to their FTP platform or they can connect to us. File transfers are secure and with the ability to send out Success or Failure notifications internally and/or to the client. Specifically, we can query an in-house SQL database, create a file (txt, xls, etc.) to send the results to our vendor.
November 09, 2017
We use GoAnywhere MFT across multiple departments across our organization. GoAnywhere enables users to log in securely and access their projects for on-demand execution, reducing the burden on the end user to submit a help desk ticket and the time that IT staff would take to assist with the request. Any process that involves downloading or uploading files to outside vendors or the general moving and archiving of files on our internal network is accomplished using GoAnywhere MFT.
- Enables users to log in securely and access their projects for on-demand execution.
- It just works, create your project, schedule it, and relax knowing that files will be there when your vendor expects them to be.
- Extremely robust feature set, can do complex data translations and transfers.
- Excellent support, I haven’t ever had an issue that support could not address.
- Nothing that I can think of.
Read Kevin Dulaney's full review
If your organization was similar to ours where you are using CuteFTP, WINSCP, Bat Files, VBScripts, Perl Scripts, Access Database Macros, and Windows scheduled tasks to move files around then you need to get GoAnywhere. GoAnywhere has a robust feature set that can automate the most complex workflows easily. For example you can extract data from a SQL database, export the data to an Excel spreadsheet, save the file with a new file name; adding a time stamp to the end. PGP encrypt the Excel file; [add] SFTP to an outside vendor all in a single executable task.
GoAnywhere MFT Scorecard Summary
About GoAnywhere MFT
GoAnywhere can be deployed on-premises or in the cloud. As a VMware-validated product, it also runs in several virtualized environments including VMware, Amazon AWS, and Microsoft Azure. GoAnywhere exchanges batch and ad-hoc file transfers, executes tasks before and/or after transfers, and gives users and partners a secure way to exchange data. The vendor provides MFTaaS deployment to give users an easy way to transfer files while HelpSystems takes care of the setup, infrastructure management, and backups, all for an expected flat fee.
The vendor states that GoAnwhere MFT won the #1 Leader Position in the 2020 Info-Tech MFT Data Quadrant Report.
Categories: Managed File Transfer (MFT)
GoAnywhere MFT Screenshots
GoAnywhere MFT Competitors
- Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
- Has featureFree or Freemium Version Available?Yes
- Does not have featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?No
- Entry-level set up fee?Optional
GoAnywhere MFT Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
GoAnywhere MFT Technical Details
|Deployment Types:||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems:||Windows, Linux, Mac, AIX, IBM i|
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android|
|Supported Languages:||Dutch, Italian, English, Spanish, French, German, Japanese, Chinese, Indonesian, Danish, and Portuguese.|