- Extremely easy to deploy. Once the physical connections are made it is very simply to get your VM's up and running.
- Support was great to work with during the setup. I had a weird issue that turned out to be my monitor and unrelated to Scale and the technician figured it out over the phone.
- Redundancy built in with no configuration. I just deploy my VM and it is automatically replicated across nodes.
- SSD tiering system that moves most used blocks to faster storage providing IOPS where needed. This is fully customizable so I can choose what VM's need priority.
- Expandability I can easily add additional single nodes to increase my compute and storage capacity.
- KVM based so most of the major Backup players can not backup at the Host level. This requires agents for backing up all VM's and also many backup vendors will not license agents at the Host level so you need to pay per VM for most backup solutions.
- Extended period where it was not compatible with latest Microsoft operating system (Server 2016 compatibility just came this spring)
- Email alerts are not directly compatible with Office365 (No TLS login support)
- No All SSD/Flash options are currently available.
- Requires external switch and configuration of switch for Node communication.
- Would like to see extended grouping for easier identification of VM's
- Some way to easily automate certain tasks. (Some kind of API or Scale supported scripting)
- Console has some quirks such as mouse not working when using a touchscreen laptop.
Scale Computing without additional integration/automation options and an easier way to use commonly used Backup software may be less appropriate for organization with many VM's where it would be a large effort to add guest backup agents to every VM.
We have not experienced in any issues with our business critical applications.
These include SQL server, 2 Files servers, Various application servers.
All Servers have run quick and haven't experienced any downtime.