It is being used now for 90% of all services/vms within the company. They still have a couple physical servers due to the complexity of moving those to Scale Computing HC3, this in addition to using the volume of storage they have on the physical servers.
The main business problem it addressed was stability and simplifying the environment. The HC3 cluster gives them the stability and redundancy they needed to ensure they have great uptime!
- Simplifying building and running a Hypervisor Cluster for redundancy and uptime.
- Fast deployment/snapshotting
- Great technical support, really fast.
- Expanding volumes is cumbersome (have to clone the vm and make the drive bigger)
- Little support for UPS and network shutdowns
- Tricky to migrate VM's to HC3 unless you use their paid software product
- GUI is pretty simple and barebones, feels like it limits what you can do.