- Being able to make an edit on a desktop while on a mobile device
- Being able to make an edit on a desktop while on a tablet
- Easily add/remove user access on the fly
- Sometimes it was a bit laggy, though this was dependent on a device.
- Inititally had issues on iOS though it did improve over time.
- A bit of a resource hog.
- Parallels Remote Application Server is extremely fast and not resource intensive, it was surprising to us how well it performed.
- The only con I can think of would be the mandatory account creation.
Parallels RAS Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About Parallels RAS
Parallels Remote Application Server (Parallels RAS, formerly 2X RAS), is application virtualization technology, billed as a solution to extend the life of legacy OS (like Windows XP) with its virtual desktop for any device.
Maltese company 2X Software developed the technology, but was acquired by Parallels (in Seattle, WA) in February, 2015 to extend their cross-platform support solutions.
Parallels RAS Technical Details