3CX to the Rescue!
March 15, 2020
3CX to the Rescue!
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with 3CX Phone System
My entire school district uses the 3CX Phone System. It has allowed us to have a phone in each room, facilitating private conversations with a specific teacher, now the building or district office can not only talk privately with individual teachers, but teachers can also contact parents in a more convenient place and time. Switching to 3CX Phone System has also slashed the phone bill by two thirds. Anything that can save the school district some money is a great product, and that savings alone paid for the phones that were purchased for each classroom. It also allowed us to remove the intercom cables too, as it replaced our intercom old system as well.
- The 3CX Phone System has a really nice auto-provision feature that works with plug and play phones, so then all that's needed is for each to have an extension assigned to them.
- The 3CX Phone System web portal is exceptional. I love how I can keep it open during the day and quickly see who is busy on the phone and which lines are available. I can also call quickly by a simple click of the mouse.
- The app that accompanies this allows me to provision my cellphone via the app to my classroom extension so that if I am out of my classroom and someone calls my phone, it also rings on my cell phone. I can also call via the app and it appears as if I am calling from my classroom extension.
- The webmeeting function is clumsy compared to Zoom or Google Meets (Hangouts).
- There is no support offered without paying for it, but the web forum that is offered for free does allow you to throw out questions and have them answered by someone in the community of 3CX user administrators.
- The money we save by switching to 3CX has helps us in other areas of our district's budget that directly impacts students.
- After setting up the system, if we need to add another phone, it is super easy and takes about 5 minutes. Just plug in the phone, assign it an extension, and start using it.
- Staff training was very minimal. Users can bypass the web portal and just use it via a traditional phone.
The 3CX Phone System is only a five because while they provide set-up/how-to/Q and A documents to help your district or company get started, they do not offer support for free. The documents provided, though, are good enough for you to get you up and running. We also found a good source of help through a sip trunk provider, which was a 3CX reseller provider.
Do you think 3CX Phone System delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with 3CX Phone System's feature set?
Did 3CX Phone System live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of 3CX Phone System go as expected?
Would you buy 3CX Phone System again?
The 3CX Phone System is perfectly suited for schools or businesses that want a reliable phone system and a reduced phone bill. It functions on traditional phones, the web, and on cell phones via the app, making it flexible enough to suit today's business or educational institution needs. The installation can be done with some basic knowledge also, without needing to hire anyone or pay 3CX for assistance.