Overall Satisfaction with Abila MIP Fund Accounting
We are using MIP in the Finance Department. It is our only accounting software. We use the Accounts Payable, Cash Disbursements, Cash Receipts and Accounts Receivable Billings [modules].
The one thing I like which is of great importance; I do not call often, but their support department has always solved my problem. They can log in to your system using Citrix. When you call in for an issue you are on hold for a while - but you can leave your phone number for a call back and they have always called me back!
We were able to customize our general ledger coding and departments and do department level financials and reports as well as organizational financials and reports. It has a drill down feature in several places (there could be more). We are required to have a yearly audit and MIP has been able to produce the reports and financials required.
I just wish they would include the customer's address when you are posting in cash receipts
- When you use the support Line, they call you back if you leave a callback number.
- Easy to use and learn for data entry and basic, daily use, and frequently used programs.
- General Ledger, department and program coding can be customized.
- They have enhanced the bank reconciliation process and voiding checks in accounts payable - both are important to me. They do improve the software - they do not let it go stagnant.
- For 1099s the program is user unfriendly. The program could exclude YTD payments under $600 automatically.
- In accounts payable entries, vendor addresses come up automatically. Need to add that functionality to Accounts Receivable Receipts module and Cash Receipts module.
- Cash Receipts module needs to be integrated with Accounts Receivable. Donors in cash receipts need to be fully credited with donation (Revenue) even if processing fees are deducted. Rather than recording the full donation to the donor's account, the amount of the deposit (less processing fees) is recorded in the donor record. A serious problem in my mind; forces you to use full Accounts Receivable module which I only use for billings to largest donors.
- I would still like them to show the address of the customer when you are entering receipts in the cash receipts module.
- It has allowed us to record revenue and expenses with relative ease of use which helps us more closely track expenses by program and provide accurate financial statements.
- It provides the options to break out revenues and programs in great detail - great for tracking individual programs
We are able to produce reports that are necessary for 990 requirements.
Still happy with breakout of multiple funds. Works well
Re-do 1099 process.
It does have options for customization and reporting has improved.
MIP Fund Accounting Feature Ratings
Using Abila MIP Fund Accounting
Abila MIP Support
Problems get solved
Kept well informed
No escalation required
Immediate help available
Support understands my problem
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response