Peace of Mind
October 21, 2016
Peace of Mind
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Acronis Backup & Recovery
We use Acronis Backup & Recovery for critical PCs in our organization. We have several PCs that provide unique business services - communication with government portals and verification services that if their setup was lost would be very damaging to the organization. Also we have several locations and one has a database that is critical to that location's operations, we backup the entire machine so we could run it as a VM for disaster recovery.
- Backup the entire PC to a bare metal backup and recover onto new hardware
- Traditional full and differential backups if necessary for your environment
- Good documentation and support
- Bare metal recovery was a little more complicated than I would like
- Cloud recovery is expensive for storage size amounts
- Allowed continued use of legacy software which decreased costs of system upgrades until vendors were ready for a more modern approach to data exchange
- Saves time and resources with all the systems I manage
- Learning curve required more of my attention than I would have liked
Acronis is a much easier to use software than Paragon, I tried a trial version of Paragon and it seemed to run me in circles. I never was able to use Paragon to backup a legacy XP machine which we wanted to keep with the program it had that was not available to us anymore. Ended up with a backup of the data only.
Acronis Backup & Recovery was used in our organization as a way to upgrade a computer to new hardware so we could continue to use a legacy program. We also use Acronis for bare metal backups of systems that would impact our business if they had extended downtime. Since we are a distributed organization over a regional area, on-site support for my 1 man IT department makes Acronis a good solution so backups are in place if we need them in a disaster and I can get right to work restoring our systems.