Get the Facts on Act-On
Updated June 16, 2015
Get the Facts on Act-On
Nextep, Inc.Outsourcing/Offshoring, 51-200 employees
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Act-On
Nextep's Marketing team uses Act-On. It helps us with our email communications, testing, analytics, and automation. We also utilize it heavily for our webinars and special web landing pages.
- Web landing pages - allow us to create special web pages for promotions or other items we'd like to be able to track.
- Salesforce Integration - Act-On has smooth Salesforce integration, porting in a prospects activities into his or her Salesforce record.
- Customer Support - this was one of the main reasons we selected Act-On. Their customer support is top notch, both from our dedicated account managers and from the general help line we sometimes use when we're stumped.
- Reporting - I wish the reporting was a bit more sophisticated and detailed with Salesforce records without having to build specific segments to make it work.
- We've been able to pinpoint engaged prospects based on their responses and behaviors to a mix of digital marketing efforts.
- We've streamlined our webinar creation, marketing, and analysis.
- We've been able to build workflows and triggers in Salesforce that help automate the sales process based on Act-On activities such as form completion.
We compared Act-On against several different platforms during our evaluation period, including Marketo, Pardot, iContact, and more. This seemed like a middle of the road option for us - we could take a powerful step up from email blasting, but not bite off more than we were ready to handle at that point. Plus, the platform seemed more straightforward, the value more robust, and the customer support much warmer and more personalized. Paresh Patel in particular was so helpful to us during the evaluation process and has remained in contact with us throughout our relationship to make sure we're making the most of our purchase. We constantly pat ourselves on the back for selecting Act-On.
Though Act-On is easy to use on my end, there are some areas where I could see it being difficult for those who aren't tech-savvy. It's a bit heavy for those who are after simply email blasting capability alone. I would recommend this to companies who really want to take their digital marketing and prospect engagement to the next level and have the expertise on staff to do it.
Act-On Feature Ratings
WYSIWYG email editor
Ability to test dynamic content
Email deliverability reporting
Lead nurturing automation
Lead scoring and grading
Data quality management
Automated sales alerts and tasks
Social sharing and campaigns
Social profile integration
Role-based workflow & approvals
Integration with Salesforce.com
Integration with Microsoft Dynamics CRM
Integration with SugarCRM