Products that are considered exceptional by their customers based on a variety of criteria win TrustRadius awards. Learn more about the types of TrustRadius awards to make the best purchase decision. More about TrustRadius Awards
WYSIWYG email editor (112)
List management (111)
Standard reports (112)
Email deliverability reporting (220)
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Act-On, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- Setup fee required
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Act-On is an adaptive marketing platform that drives personal and purposeful multi-channel marketing, that aims to spark better inbound and outbound marketing, enable a tighter alignment with sales, and turn user data into substance to act-on.
The vendor states their customers range from start-ups and fast-growing young companies to well-established enterprise institutions; from marketing teams in small and medium-sized businesses, to independent teams in large enterprise corporations. They use Act-On in many different ways to realize their marketing objectives.
- Supported: WYSIWYG email editor
- Supported: Dynamic content
- Supported: Ability to test dynamic content
- Supported: Landing pages
- Supported: A/B testing
- Supported: Mobile optimization
- Supported: Email deliverability reporting
- Supported: List management
- Supported: Triggered drip sequences
- Supported: Lead nurturing
- Supported: Lead scoring and grading
- Supported: Data quality management
- Supported: Automated sales alerts and tasks
- Supported: Event/webinar marketing
- Supported: Social sharing and campaigns
- Supported: Social profile integration
- Supported: Dashboards
- Supported: Standard reports
- Supported: Custom reports
- Supported: API
- Supported: Role-based workflow & approvals
- Supported: Customizability
- Supported: Integration with Salesforce.com
- Supported: Integration with Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- Supported: Integration with SugarCRM
- Supported: Email Marketing
- Supported: Lead Scoring
- Supported: Website Visitor Tracking
- Supported: Automated Programs (Trigger & Drip Campaigns)
- Supported: Social Publishing
- Supported: Reporting & Analytics
- Supported: SEO
- Supported: Forms
- Supported: Events & Webinars
- GoTo Meeting
- NetSuite ERP
- Pipeliner CRM
- Webex Meetings
- GoTo Webinar
- SnapApp, by Uberflip
- Sugar Sell (SugarCRM)
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud Interaction Studio
- Microsoft Dynamics 365
- PowerDialer for Salesforce
- from XANT (formerly InsideSales.com)
- Go To Meeting / WebEx
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||29%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||67%|
|Enterprises (more than 500 employees)||4%|
|Mobile Application||Apple iOS, Android|
|Supported Countries||Available Internationally|
|Supported Languages||English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Danish, Swedish, Norwegian, Finnish, Russian, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Hindi, Thai, Arabic, Hebrew|
- The templates are easy to use and set up campaigns.
- It's simple to use, and the email editor features a drag-and-drop interface.
- It's easy to set up a drip campaign or a series of scheduled emails.
- It has the flexibility of having a variety of scheduling options and the use of user experience automation.
- A more straightforward UI and faster loading times are needed.
- User direct communication within the platform would be fantastic.
- There are a few areas where the functionality could be improved.
- Act-On is very useful for creating, managing, and sending effective marketing campaigns.
- The use of landing pages has attracted many potential customers.
- The reporting function is integrated and is easy to access and understand.
- The landing page allows you to customize the page for any activity or reason you need.
- Its reporting helps to understand audience engagement.
- This is a program that meets all requirements, our performance has no problems, and all results are positive.
- Establishes a simple but very decisive way of how to perform specialized marketing work.
- It includes the monitoring of advertising networks or account management on digital platforms and social networks.
- The support is solid; it takes all the suggestions and doubts I have regarding the software.
- It would be great if they could improve the interface a bit more.
- They will add internal guides so that I don't have to contact support all the time.
- The automation builder is extremely easy to use. Mapping out the customer journey is so important when planning behavioral-based campaigns. With Act-Ons user friendly UX, it's simple to create.
- Their customer support is outstanding! Via chat, through email, or with our Account Rep, Act-On goes above and beyond to ensure my problems get addressed and fixed quickly.
- Forms are incredibly easy to create and embed into our landing pages and website.
- Their customer service chat feature would be helpful to be available during all working hours from west coast to east coast.
- Auto response emails do not work properly
- Auto response analytics do not work properly
- Media inserts have a lag
- Representatives are responsive to customer needs.
- Act-On continuously works on improving their system - using customer feedback to help them know where to focus.
- Technicians are friendly and responsive.
- I would like to see a way to schedule a single email to multiple groups at different dates & times by accessing the email just once, instead of programming a new email every time.
- I would like to see easier features with mapping hyperlinks - where you could use your mouse to draw out areas to link to a url.
- Email and Landing Pages, great feature set. Flexible for different skill level users. Easy integration to CRM.
- Robust list and contact management allowing complete communication cycle to take place in one place.
- Solid lead scoring platform and follow up tools.
- Social Media tool needs development.
- Act-On excels with its Salesforce integration. We haven't had any issues and it's always in sync.
- Easy automation. It's really easy to set up workflows and the smart logic just makes sense.
- One of my favorite features is the ability to change links and images after an email has been sent. For example, if you have the wrong link after the email has been sent it's easy to go into Act-On, change the link, and Act-On will automatically create a redirect.
- The database is a mess. Currently, there is no way to search the database for an individuals profile. You have to go into the list you think the individual resides in and do a search. This causes a lot of wasted time if you are using multiple lists.
- RSS feed is lacking. Certain design limitations make the RSS to email feature pointless. It looks like it was designed in the early 2000s.
- My biggest complaint is that the software is buggy. Sometimes the email won't be sent out in time.
- User-friendly interface.
- A reliable and good place to house ample assets.
- Lets salespeople and marketers connect to generate a better lead gen process.
- Social media connections are lacking.
- The form submission process can be hokey.
- Customer service support to fix issues that need to be resolved ASAP are not always available.
- Sort by select fields
- Edit templates to view clients info
- Ease to see other users notes
- Hard to sort with multiple topics
- Page View tracking - to see where website visitors are going.
- Email campaign stats - to track who is receiving, opening, and clicking through.
- Automated programs - to manage lists, send reports and analyze behavior.
- I wish there was integration with more 3rd party CRMs.
- Pricing is significant.
- Powerful SEM and email marketing tools are its biggest advantage. Automated program templates are easy to use.
- The consumer analytics feature is really good and the dashboard is super cool and intuitive. Drag and drop blocks are super easy which also allows you to add images and edit texts.
- Open API feature adds a lot of value to Act-on.
- Adaptive scoring is intelligent enough in scoring the leads.
- They can work on the pricing, a bit expensive compared to other tools.
- Small learning curve, which will be fine over a period of time.
- I liked their functionality for creating landing pages and forms. They looked nice, had plenty of options, and were easy to embed in websites.
- Creating email campaigns was easy and effective through Act-On. With A/B testing, automated campaigns, and sleek design, it felt very professional.
- It connected well with Salesforce, provided we had matching contact criteria. It was fast and easy to sync up.
- The automation function within webinars was always efficient and convenient. They synced with GoToWebinar as well as Salesforce to make for a smooth invitation / follow-up / attendee tracking process every time.
- The designer tools, especially for emails, were often difficult to use. The formatting of the text would be all over the place and change / refuse to change at random. Moving boxes around was shifty and sometimes nearly impossible. It just wasn't customizeable enough. No "undo" functionality either.
- The only way to collect information expansively over time (there's a term Act-On uses for it, I can't recall) where it adds questions to the form each time a user fills it out, is if the person were to fill out the same form multiple times. I know this does happen for some websites/resources, but as a company that wanted to collect new information each time someone filled out any form, regardless of the resource or the URL, that was simply not an option, and that doesn't really make a lot of sense. I know it's not really possible to track someone but if they filled out the first part of the form and then it added new questions to answer, and then they submitted and got through the gating, that would actually be helpful.
- There was no "trash can" of sorts in case you deleted something by mistake. This could be so stress-inducing if it was a major project. My coworker did this once, contacted Act-On, they couldn't even recover it.
- Easy to use. The UX is simple and you can easily navigate the program.
- Marketing automation.
- Customer service/help has been amazing with all of our questions.
- Our server went out several times when we were in the renewal period.
- Lead scoring constantly broke.
- It's not as robust as other competitors.
- Score leads
- Showing lead activity
- Sending emails
- It's not too visually appealing to use.
- I wish it had more sales functionality.
- Lead scoring.
- Automated email programs.
- Landing pages.
- Form creation.
- Reporting is not as robust/user-friendly as it could be.
- UX has been continually expanded, so there is a mix of old and new features that could use some polishing and regrouping.
- Account Based Management ABM.
- Marketing Automation.
- Email Marketing.
- Customer Service.
- Text messaging capability.
- Embedded website forms and automated emails when forms are filled.
- Reporting on results in high-level graphical formats with the option to drill down to individual records.
- To serve as a portal to store prospect data until it is qualified to move to our CRM.
- The social distributions didn't render well, so we don't use Act-On for social media marketing. Instead, we distribute directly from each platform.
- The webinar integration with Webex did not work well, so we do webinars outside of Act-On, using Zoom.
- We have always had deliverability issues with Act-On, with people in our database who want to get our emails and those who do not.
- More robust insights than other MAPs.
- Customer Service always on point.
- A better drip overall.
- Price. Act-On is a FANTASTIC transition from Mailchimp and the like, however, the price is a real jump. I did successfully transition a few freelance clients into users but the price didn't sit well at this early in the game. Maybe consider leveraging a super-entry-tier?
- Good integration with Webex for webinars. We're able to schedule webinar events, schedule invitation emails + reminder emails, and launch and conduct webinars all through the program. It's very easy to set up, manage, and use.
- Users can set up solid email marketing campaigns with workflows, identify hot/warm leads, and push to Salesforce with the integration.
- Customer support is responsive and easy to work with, and their Act-On Academy is a comprehensive resource for learning about the platform.
- The automated email programs could be more intuitive to set up and manage.
- I find their landing page templates lackluster. We've opted not to use them because we couldn't get them to look the way we wanted them to.
- We had some trouble with list cleanliness and getting stuck in spam folders, with our opens decreasing and bounce rates increasing. Even after hiring Act-On to consult and help us clean up our lists, the same problems persisted.
- Has easy to use email automation features.
- Great list management.
- Templated email options.
- Good customer service/support.
- Could be a lot cheaper.
- Allow for more contacts at a better rate.
- More integrations with outside systems.
- Act-On gives us flexibility to create high quality emails because we have the ability to import images and create links to websites or PDFs to increase agent engagement.
- Act-On has a great survey tool that allows me to create survey so that I can quickly gather information from our customer base for our business needs. The data is delivered in spreadsheet format so it can be easily analyzed.
- Act-On gives me the ability to create landing pages, which I can link our agents to more information with by an email. We have the same flexibility to create high-end landing pages.
- Act-On has great engagement reporting of our email sends. I look forward to reviewing the reports with my internal customers to show how the emails have performed from an open and click standpoint.
- I think Act-On could have a better folder system for marketing lists.
- I think Act-On could offer a faster way to clean up lists and images. Right now you have to remove one at a time.
- Act-On could make it easier to pull in personalized data to an email from an extension list. It is a two-step process right now.
- Folder structure for list management and marketing assets/campaigns are easy to use. It was easy to keep things organized.
- Email testing was accurate and straightforward.
- Existing templates to build landing page and emails from were responsive out of the box.
- Building email and landing page templates are difficult, the drag and drop builder is not straightforward, and requires coding knowledge
- The workflow tool is cumbersome and not as intuitive as I'd expect a best in class marketing software's to be
- Domain connections and domain management functionality made it difficult to manage multiple company domains and subdomains for pages
- Act-On's customer service is exceptional, they are quick and thorough when you are needing help. For example, we could not figure out how to automate a birthday date for our birthday campaign and the representative was able to walk through the process with myself and another team member. This is a strength of Act-On because many other companies do not have customer services that will speak with you, they direct you to blogs or informational sessions.
- The landing pages that Act-On has created for use on the web is exceptional. The formatting is very user-friendly and the templates are great to navigate. The landing pages allow you to make the page fit whatever campaign or reason you are in need of. This is a strength of Act-On because the landing pages resolve the issue of having to create actual web pages.
- The spam feature of Act-On's emails is a great add on. This feature allows you to test how the spam alerts are triggered in your email and how you can fix it. This has helped many emails be developed in a way so that they reach many more people than they would have without this feature. many other programs do not have this feature.
- They can greatly improve how you are able to place photos in emails. The current way is very archaic and takes a long time to navigate to find your photo. Once your photo is in the email, you cannot crop or adjust the size. This should be upgraded.
- The A/B testing or dynamic emails needs to be worked on. You can not currently test emails before placing them in a series to go to contacts, the testing route is long and usually ends up in frustration. There needs to be a way to test dynamic emails so that you can ensure success before sending.
- Very intuitive, easy to use. You don't need a strong coding background to be able to set emails up.
- The ability to set-up long or short forms and add them to a landing page.
- Extremely helpful and timely support staff available 24/7.
- You can't mass delete images.
- Their reporting as a whole is lacking.
- You can't edit the code/font behind the calendar widget.