Overall Satisfaction with Act-On
We use the Act-On platform as our day-to-day marketing automation software. Right now, only the marketing department is using the tool and we are still learning all the in's and out's. We made the switch to Act-On from MailChimp almost a year ago and still learn something new at least every week. Act-On is jam-packed with features that are important to our business, including prospecting and easily automated campaigns. It also has a brand new composer for emails that is much more user friendly than their older version. That's a great new improvement that benefits our business since we don't have a email/HTML designer on staff. Act-On also has a good support team, but an even greater customer success/account management team.
- Lead nurturing is something that the Act-On software does well. This is important, especially to our business, since the path-to-purchase for our target customer can typically be several weeks or even months. We want to be able to have a partner platform where it is easy to identify interested targets and nurture them along the path to purchase.
- I like Act-On's new email composer. This is a new feature within the platform and it was definitely a welcomed change. This updated feature really gives us the ability to create professional-looking emails easily without needing to know HTML.
- Act-On's account team members and support team are always kind and patient, even when you feel like you might be asking the most ridiculous question!
- I'd like to see Act-On have some better social integration tools. For example, as of right now, it's difficult to incorporate social posting to our LinkedIn or Facebook Company Page through Act-On since the page was created in a way where we can't connect the profile to Act-On for automatic posting.
- I'd love it if Act-On included an interactive calendar feature within the platform for planning purposes!
- Better identification of potential leads
- Improved database cleanliness
- Increased employee efficiency
- Better analytics/insights into lead conversion
I think Act-On is a great tool for lead nurturing. However, because of the cost and size of our database, it isn't necessarily the most economical tool for prospecting (ie. identifying leads, etc.) So, I would encourage anyone looking into Act-On for a small business (small budget) or large database to really identify what their goals are before picking a platform like Act-On. If you have budget restraints but a huge database you're prospecting, you might want to consider other options or using Act-On only as the lead nurturing portion of your email marketing process.