The gold standard of PDF software, at a price
June 20, 2022

The gold standard of PDF software, at a price

Overall Satisfaction with Adobe Acrobat DC

I use Adobe Acrobat DC firstly for reading pdf files such as research papers. However, I also use Adobe Acrobat DC to share comments and highlights on documents with team members. This is helpful when a large paper may be released by an organization, and one team member is able to highlight important aspects of the paper for other members to quickly reference. Adobe Acrobat DC also has a powerful fill & sign feature for filling out forms.
  • Highlighting and commenting
  • Gold standard for pdf formatting, font availability etc.
  • Quick and responsive
  • Better form creation
  • Better collaboration with team
  • Author details for comments sometimes drops out
  • Powerful PDF editing
  • Gold standard of accessibility
  • Quick and easy to use
  • Very easy to share notes on research papers
  • Great ability to batch out some tasks, reducing errors and increasing speed
  • Great ability to add security and preserve formatting in sensitive forms
The Adobe pdf suite is ubiquitous and is the best way to ensure your pdf will display as intended across the widest range of devices. I have no doubt that other pdf software bases their pdf display on Acrobat and Reader as the standard. When using Acrobat, your experience will be largely identical despite using a PC, Mac, mobile, etc.
I do not have much to say on this matter, though I have used Acrobat to manage consent forms including signatures for legal guardianship. I have had no issues with this.
Acrobat and Kofax Power PDF are largely very similar, though I do have a preference for Kofax when creating forms. Kofax is also much cheaper than Acrobat. From a cost perspective, I certainly recommend Kofax over Acrobat. However, I prefer the user interface of Acrobat as I find it is much easier to navigate and complete tasks. I also find that it often has better compatibility with your document looking the same in Reader, which is no surprise. Overall, these two software packages are very similar, with user preference largely deciding the winner.

Do you think Adobe Acrobat delivers good value for the price?

Not sure

Are you happy with Adobe Acrobat's feature set?

Did Adobe Acrobat live up to sales and marketing promises?

Did implementation of Adobe Acrobat go as expected?

Would you buy Adobe Acrobat again?

Adobe Acrobat DC is great for converting documents to PDF, which is especially important when trying to lock information or preserve formatting. It is also great for handling forms, though I do prefer some competitor PDF editors when creating forms. I find that Adobe Acrobat DC is vital to use as Adobe Reader is such a popular pdf reader, so your end-user is likely to see fonts and formatting the way you have intended it. Many competitors will use substitute fonts which can ruin formatting. Adobe Acrobat DC also has powerful batch functions which can save you a lot of time if you are handling multiple documents (e.g. creating individualized forms).