Overall Satisfaction with Adobe After Effects
I've used it when making videos/commercials for my business. It makes it easier to inspire imagination with, for example, a rocket than actually being blown up by a rocket! JA! Okay in all seriousness, I make fantastical family portraits and sometimes I need to help these adults who've lost their imagination see what children see every day in their minds to be able to sell the amazing portraits that I make.
- If you know Photoshop, you can use this.
- You can integrate this with Photoshop and basically all the other products in the Adobe suite.
- There's audio editing, because, well, I stink at audio and have needed my audio saved before!
- You absolutely need a higher end computer like a gaming computer to use this.
- It uses a ton of RAM and then your computer complains about it.
- Sometimes extra plugins, plus the RAM getting hung up, and not having enough of a high end computer can create the perfect storm of everything crashing and then you curse everything out that you were working on.
- Adding animated effects have been seriously powerful for marketing communication.
- I can use it since it feels like super advanced Photoshop and didn't take me too long to figure it out.
- I always screw up audio somewhere and this allows me to save some of those screw ups.
- It's helped me get more clients by keeping people's attention in videos I use to promote my business. My Facebook clicks went down in cost by 75% since the videos were better at grabbing attention.
- It didn't take as long to learn the program since I know Photoshop. I saw that other software was going to have a bigger learning curve AND they couldn't do as much animation.
- The only negative is that I'm again at the point where I need to buy another computer with more RAM. I wish Adobe could make their programs not be so huge and so cumbersome.
Photoshop is good for simple video editing, but it doesn't have animation or audio help and it takes a while to get your video put together in a way that looks good. iMovie is also just for simpler video editing and lacks the extras that After Effects have that really turn your video into a professionally put together masterpiece.
Do you think Adobe After Effects delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Adobe After Effects's feature set?
Did Adobe After Effects live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Adobe After Effects go as expected?
Would you buy Adobe After Effects again?
This is the best software for adding effects, audio, animations, post production, there's already some animation in it that you can just use and it all can integrate with any other adobe product out there. It's seriously robust and amazing. I think the only reason I'm giving it a nine instead of a ten is because After Effects will crash if you don't have a better computing computer and if you don't know how adobe uses layers, etc...then there is a big learning curve to this (they do have tutorials to help you).