MailerLite Reviews

Do you work for this company?

Ayo Bamgbose, Assoc CIPD, MSc profile photo
MailerLite is an email management marketing and automation system that we have used over the last two years to help us gather leads and communicate with our email list. It has helped us to create landing pages, pop-ups and embed forms that we were able to use on our website as well as on social media.
We have been able to use Mailerlite tools to promote our digital freebies, online events such as seminars and webinars as well as launching new courses. It is one of our favorite go-to automation tools to help delivery email marketing campaigns, schedule newsletter releases as well as drip 5-10 day online challenge.
  • What MailerLite does really well is providing small businesses on small budgets the opportunity to create attractive and easy peasy landing pages without breaking the bank.
  • MailerLite over the last year has really stepped up its game by integrating with popular third-party tools to help small businesses work smarter by creating automated systems and processes.
  • Their online educational webinars and training videos have improved tremendously in helping to educate small business owners on how to use email marketing more effectively.
  • Although they have started working with popular third-party tools there is major room for improvement. Due to them not being on the list of integrated tools for some very well known CRM's it has been difficult to fully use MailerLite for all our online email management systems.
  • They have a great selection of landing page templates that work well for new business start-ups but unfortunately they have yet to be added to in the two years since I switched over. This is an area I hope they plan to improve, whether it be only available on pro plans, it's just time to add to that library.
  • The other major part I hope Mailerlite can improve is the option to upload and store PDF's and videos instead of having to link to outside sources.
MailerLite is well suited to small businesses without the funding or skills to hire an email marketing specialist. Even if you have zero IT or email marketing knowledge, you can truly learn how to run your very own email marketing campaigns and get something sent to your email list within minutes. If you're a business looking to integrate with various online tools you may find that MailerLite has its limitations and may not be recognized by some of the top digital tools on the market. So it's very important to check the list of partners that work well with the tools you plan to use for any of your digital campaigns.
Read Ayo Bamgbose, Assoc CIPD, MSc's full review
Elizabeth Pampalone profile photo
I use MailerLite in my business as a marketing professional. My day to day includes sending emails via Mailerlite to my vast list about upcoming events and RSS feeds for my blog posts. I also recommend it to my clients and colleagues, many of which have moved from more expensive and limited platforms to MailerLite.
  • Automation -- it is easy to learn, and it makes sense the way the flow chart looks.
  • RSS feed emails -- gives a great representation of my blog posts in email form for my subscribers
  • Video Gifs -- I love this feature more than I can say. They make a gif of your video when you embed a youtube etc link! It makes my emails so much more interactive!
  • They are moving more toward a similar price structure as the "other" guys... however, they are still the best :-D
  • Heatmaps would be a great feature (not link analytics, they already have that!)
It is easy to learn and great for small business owners.
Read Elizabeth Pampalone's full review
Abigail Nwaocha profile photo
I use MailerLite for an Architecture company.

1) To send bi-monthly newsletters to our mailing list

2) To send bi-monthly in-house newsletters to the rest of the team

3) To create sharable pdf brochures showcasing our past/current projects. These "brochures" light and the images are clickable linking to the projects on our websites, this way when sent to clients/potential clients on WhatsApp they can know more about us without having to go to our website.
  • It's easy to create newsletters that look good both on desktop, tablets and on mobile.
  • This might not be a big reason for most people, but I love their design capabilities and how easy it to create sections within a newsletter, I also like how some templates allow you to have a button attached to an image. I also love the various "heading" for the newsletter where I can choose to have my logo at the beginning of the newsletter, the logo, and the company name, or just the company name.
  • I like how I can have the logo aligned to the left or center. Compared to MailChimp the design capabilities are more impressive.
  • It was surprisingly easy to connect Mailerlite to my domain, the verification process was smooth, I'm not sure if it's this way for everyone or because i had done the same with MailChimp so it was easy for me.
  • Unlike the newsletter design, their landing page design leaves much to be desired. More templates would be great as well.
  • My emails kept going to the spam folder, I contacted support and was told it's an issue they working on as they had been blacklisted (or something like that). This was such an issue that even my internal newsletters sent to the team went to their spam folders.
  • On outlook (desktop app), my newsletter rendered differently, specifically the "featured image" element. Instead of appearing as one large image, the images appeared as a grid, with nine images of the same image taking the space instead of one large image.
MailerLite is great for simple newsletters and for converting your newsletters to sharable .PDF's. It's definitely not the best option for landing pages. Since it has limited design capabilities. Unless your landing page is a simple one with one large image some text and fields for name, email etc.
Read Abigail Nwaocha's full review
Katie McKinlay profile photo
Our HR department is the primary users of Mailerlite. We use it to send out company emails and keep our employees informed about company events.
  • Email analytics is fantastic because it helps us know who in the company is reading our emails and who we need to add/reach out to so they get the communication.
  • The ability to customize the font/color/design of the emails makes them fun and engaging for people to read!
  • The ease of use for creating emails and formatting them is fantastic. We like the consistency and the ability to re-load a specific design.
  • Some of the text formattings are difficult to use. It bumps text to another line and frequently staggers one column from another.
  • When adding a new textbox, picture, etc., it starts out at the bottom of the email. Depending on how much content there is, it's difficult to move sections so they go from the bottom to the top.
  • Picture editing could use improvements. Cropping a picture changes its resolution and any sort of editing can mess up the original photo you uploaded.
MailerLite is fantastic for anyone who is looking to send emails to a lot of people and gather data and analytics of who has read the email, clicked on links, etc. It works well on a company base as well as an individual contractor base.
Read Katie McKinlay's full review
Akram Hasan Sharkar profile photo
January 19, 2018

Best For List Building

I am not a current user of Mailerlite and I used this service for 4 years. It was a great kickstart for our small business. It was very easy to maintain subscribers, easy to send campaigns or track activities to improve the next campaigns. Since the day we learned about email marketing and how important it can be. We kept looking for a solution which doesn't have lots of hassle for a startup business. Then we found Mailerlite, we started with FREE 1000 subscribers. They had many email templates to offer and easy to modify with our needs. Within 2 years we had to upgrade their top subscription package that time.

Unfortunately, our list grew up and we need more API accessibility and Mailerlite had limited service to offer. Then we migrated to another service, but now they have most of those services available which was the reason we moved away. Bottom line, Mailerlite is a very easy to work with email marketing service. And very helpful for startup businesses.

• They had various ways to get subscribers on your email list.
  • Drag and drop email editor with fancy email templates.
  • Email campaign tracking and AB testing.
  • Limited API accessibility
This will be a great choice for startup businesses ready to launch their first email campaign or build their first subscriber list. It's not transactional email, so you can't use this for other purposes.
Read Akram Hasan Sharkar's full review
Ryan Kane profile photo
My clients use Mailerlite to send emails, create landing pages, and set up workflows. It helps them reach their consumers. I set them up on the platform and help them develop segments using it, which helps them communicate clearly to their target audiences. As such, they are able to fully build out their audiences and strategically target them.
  • Segments
  • Workflows
  • Email customizations
  • Faster loading times to new subscribers
  • More landing page customizations
  • Easier HTML coding of emails
For small businesses which specific target populations it is most appropriate. Least appropriate in an e-commerce setting, as its options here are very limited.
Read Ryan Kane's full review
We use it for marketing purposes, we send mass emails and keep our subscriber list within the software.
  • I like the fact that you can import as many subscribers as you want and it only starts counting them towards your paywall when you send emails.
  • Customer service is pretty good. MailerLite has a live chat option, get my queries sorted quickly.
  • Designing emails are easy as MailerLite provides easy drag and drop tools.
  • The software can be a bit slow or become stuck when importing contacts.
  • Their website is down from time to time.
Well suited - send mass emails, sign up subscribers, collect email addresses.
Less appropriate - anything that is not related to email marketing or sending mass emails.
Giedre Aleknonyte profile photo
We use Mailerlite to manage our own subscribers coming from our website/blog/Facebook business page.
  • Ease of use/no learning curve
  • Affordable for starters
  • Various integrations with other apps
  • Would like to see even more integrations in the future
Mailerlite is easy to learn and use, yet flexible enough if you need more complicated scenarios like custom segmentation.
Read Giedre Aleknonyte's full review
Casey Gerringer profile photo
September 09, 2015

Why Mailerlite Rocks

We used Mailerlite to send out mass emails to people who had subscribed to our email list. They would be about upcoming events, promotions, etc. Everyone at my agency knew how to use Mailerlite.
  • Mass content
  • Fun to do
  • Sometimes not mobile friendly
It's well suited for people who have subscribed to your own mailing list.
Read Casey Gerringer's full review

MailerLite Scorecard Summary

WYSIWYG email editor (9)
Dynamic content (9)
Ability to test dynamic content (8)
Landing pages (9)
A/B testing (6)
Mobile optimization (9)
Email deliverability (9)
List management (9)
9.5
Triggered drip sequences (8)
Dashboards (1)
Standard reports (9)
9.2
Custom reports (1)

About MailerLite

MailerLite is an email marketing tool targeted for small business. Users can create and send newsletters, manage subscribers and track results. This tool includes web-apps that have drag and drop functionality that can be used to create newsletters. Users can upload their company logo to create a custom header, select the background colors and formatting that fits the overall look they are trying to convey.