Adobe Connect Review: "A great meeting program"https://www.trustradius.com/web-conferencingAdobe ConnectUnspecified7.52821012014-01-31T20:11:10.238Z
Adobe Connect used to be used by our whole organization, but then we were acquired and most teams were transitioned off of it. The Education Services team and a few other teams in professional services still use it. We use it for teach classes, holding webinars, and hosting training videos.
- I love the room management of Adobe Connect. It's very easy to use. I like the way you can have multiple setups in one meeting room for different functions.
- I like the way screen sharing works. When sharing in full screen mode, there is nothing on the screen from Adobe Connect that gets in the way of conducting product demos. And it has very nice control for the participants to switch easily between full screen and regular mode.
- The content management of Adobe Connect is very nice. I like that you can set up your own custom URLs, so you don't have to give out crazy long strings of information.
- I wish the content management area would allow for versioning. Sometimes we've uploaded a file and realized there was a mistake, so we need to go back to an earlier version. There's no way to role back, so we've had to find the old version and reupload it.
- I'd like the ability to pull the chat and participant windows into another window or onto a second monitor. Sometimes when teaching in full screen mode I miss a chat and have to go out of full screen mode to see it. Or maybe a way to open full screen mode in another window instead so I can have the Adobe Connect window open on my secondary monitor.
- Adobe Connect has made meeting in rooms on the fly very easy because we can all have an established chat room with a custom URL, so if we need to meet quickly there's no wait to set up a new room.
I've used WebEx too and it just doesn't compare. Most of my company now uses WebEx, but I'm one of those few holdouts who still has Adobe Connect. I never want to give it up. The fact that you can't create a permanent room and the way WebEx puts that box at the top of a screen share drive me insane. I'll keep using Adobe Connect until they force me to give it up.
If it were up to me, I'd renew Adobe Connect forever, but as most of my company has already moved over to WebEx, I do not think we'll be renewing in the near future.
Adobe Connect is very well suited to Virtual Instructor Led Trainings. It integrates easily with different audio bridges. Teaching from Adobe Connect has always been hassle free for me and my colleagues. The ability to create a permanent room works very nicely for classes that are repeated often.