Overall Satisfaction with Adobe Illustrator CC
Illustrator has been an important piece for getting our final product presented to our clients. We use it to trace photos and custom renderings to get a different visual style, which is easily delivered and controlled with Illustrator advanced tracing tools and it is mainly used by the graphic and visualization department. It mainly solves the problem of getting complex traced paths to fill them with color to use on image compositions.
- Tracing and controlling traced images either black and white, gray scale or colored.
- You can have a easy to do or a basic render and when you trace that image you get various visual styles
- To create path to give details to image compositions.
- Some more features for the perspective tool
- Maybe some connection with 3D software
- It makes us able to easily get various graphics elements without the need of going to a outsourcing company because it is very friendly to use
Illlustrator is a tracing and path software, so that makes it only capable to do illustrations. It not the best for manipulating photos, so it stacks up against the tracing or path tool from Photoshop but it doesn't have all the photo manipulation that is possible through Photoshop, so I think is a mix depending on what you are looking for.
It is best suited for scenarios like tracing images either automatically or manually, for getting graphic elements to work with typography, and using the path tools to create basic shapes and in combination with the other tools. With the features, you can get very appealing graphics which can be used on other software. The scenario in which Illustrator is not the best is for composing images.