Overall Satisfaction with Adobe InDesign
I am currently the only user at my company using Adobe InDesign. I use it for graphic design, along with a few other Adobe products. InDesign is GREAT for use in graphic design. I use it to help create and edit books and covers etc. A great option to make your products look and seem very professional.
- Book Creation/editing - you can create templates and follow these so every page appears just how you want it to, without concern of text not matching ideas
- Cover design and editing - you can keep all your ideas cohesive along with your contents of your books.
- DC version of InDesign keeps you up to date - easy to find tutorials for tools within system.
- Cost is high, but for that cost, you get a great product
- Some tools are difficult to use correctly without researching proper way to use them (not very intuitive sometimes)
- InDesign has been a negative impact financially to us, but it is very difficult to quantify the value of our products looking much more professional
- InDesign has allowed certain projects to be completed much quicker than before since we started using it. Some project's time at my desk have been cut in half since using this product
All Adobe products are great for their specific use cases. InDesign is great for us at Legal Books Distributing because we create annual editions of books and InDesign is an AMAZING book creating tool. Once you get the hang of using these tools, your life can become much easier!
Great option for creating books, multiple page documents, and things like calendars. Very easy to use most of the basic tools. Once you become more of an experienced user, many of the advanced tools make your life much more easy. Not very useful for one page documents - Adobe Illustrator is much more suited for these situations.