Overall Satisfaction with Adobe PhotoShop
As the Marketing Director for Larue Pest Management, I use Photoshop to create visual aides across every department within our company, but mainly for the graphic needs of our Marketing Department. PhotoShop helps me make sure that every photo and graphic design project that represents our company look clean, polished, and professional.
- PhotoShop has grown and adapted to the user's needs, never changing everything at once, but gradually making it better and better, so you can grow along with the software.
- PhotoShop allows me to make ordinary photos look extraordinary by editing lighting and erasing imperfections.
- There are so many Actions, brushes, and filters that are accessible through the Adobe community that the possibilities are endless.
- I LOVE the Autofill feature. When I have a photo that won't quite work in a certain aspect ratio needed, I can add in space that was never there and no one ever notices.
- I've always wished that there was a button to Collapse all blending options, instead of having to click through each layer to do that. They have a button to collapse groups, so that seems logical to add as well.
- I'm a Photoshop "Super-fan" so it's very difficult to come up with cons, but I guess sometimes I can't find the answer to my questions in the Help menu and I have to find and watch a random YouTube video to learn how to do certain things.
- One thing I've always wished was that we could have some kind of a Photoshop plugin for InDesign, so that I could edit graphics within InDesign, rather than "placing" a file and having to still manipulate it in PhotoShop. I hate going back and forth to see my changes within my actual layout.
- The ability to quickly edit employee photos.
- The ability to manipulate photos for our website if they need to be adjusted or updated. Sometimes, logos change, or the aspect ratio needed changes and we can make those adjustments as needed.
- The ability to create eye catching graphics for ads and marketing pieces.
- It has been great not relying on an outside graphic design company for our needs.
- Turn around time for updates are quick and efficient.
- The cost is low compared to having to hire out the work.
PhotoShop is far superior to the other programs out there. If you can dream it, you can create it in PhotoShop. I honestly can't imagine my life without it at this point. If there is ONE program out of the whole Adobe Creative Suite that you need, it is Photoshop, because it does it ALL.
Do you think Adobe PhotoShop delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Adobe PhotoShop's feature set?
Did Adobe PhotoShop live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Adobe PhotoShop go as expected?
Would you buy Adobe PhotoShop again?
I have been working with PhotoShop for over 20 years, so the program easily just makes sense to me, however, if you are new to it I can see how the endless options can seem overwhelming. I would say that anyone looking to get into photography or graphic design should learn Photoshop. If you are just looking to create some small things here and there, maybe start with a more simplified program.