CorelDRAW Graphics Suite

CorelDRAW Graphics Suite Reviews

Do you work for this company? Learn how we help vendors

Ratings and Reviews

Rohith Dilip | TrustRadius Reviewer
1. CorelDraw is a powerful graphic designing software used by us.
2. We use CorelDraw to design our company's social media posters, brochures, business cards, etc.
3. We use CorelDraw to design our own vector designs, illustrations.
4. We can import and export our files in a variety of file formats in CorelDraw and start to work on them.
5. We have simple tools yet powerful and make designing work easy.
  • Vector Designing
  • Logo Designing
  • Illustrations
  • Poster Designs
  • Banner Designs
  • File Exporting
  • Architecture design
  • Pricing is costly. We expect to reduce the cost of software
  • Occupies more space; so memory management needs to improved.
  • Updates are slow, needs faster updates.
1. CorelDraw is well suited for beginners as well as professional worker who wish to work in Graphic Design industry.
2. CorelDraw is widely used by printing industry as it is user friendly.
3. CorelDraw is used by the users who does product designing.
4. CorelDraw is used by Marketing and Advertising agency.
5. CorelDraw is used by schools, colleges for designing social media posts.
Pam Fultz | TrustRadius Reviewer
Working for a non-profit, we needed a graphic software solution that fit our budget but still had the power to do all that I needed it to do. I am a department of one - and rely heavily on the CorelDraw Graphics Suite to do my job daily - both in my day job AND in my part time job for another non-profit. I use this software for everything from presentation graphics, to the design of flyers, brochures, posters, t-shirts, and more.
  • Easy to learn - especially if you have experience with other graphic software. It is fairly intuitive which is helpful.
  • Creating high resolution graphics is a breeze with this software - and it has the ability to export into a large variety of formats!
  • I am able to import a wide variety of file formats. I have also had success with importing and editing PDF files which has been helpful.
  • I would love to see a "select by" option - whether you choose a color, type of line, etc. so that you can tab through select items vs working your way through all of them.
  • I would like to see a little more consistency with exporting to PNG. Sometimes it works fine but other times it seems to be hit or miss on a transparent PNG.
I have used this software for years and LOVE it. I feel like I have excellent control over my designs. My customers have always been pleased with the results. A bonus is that this software, even though it is very powerful, will not break the bank! We have been able to do a lot of in-house printing with great results because of this software!
CorelDRAW Graphics Suite is being used as a design resource in pockets across the business. We use it in tandem with other products to produce print materials, design ideas and sketch concepts. Corel helps us work quickly to get ideas sketched so that we can fine tune concepts and ideas and deliver both work internally and externally to clients as well.
  • Ability to work with vector and images with ease.
  • Multi page layout functions helps when making LARGE reports.
  • Easy user interface we can onboard new users pretty easily.
  • The bitmap edit feature to edit images. The pop out is clunky and with it was a bit more integrated.
  • Trace - Would love to see this strengthened. We love to scan in hand drawn things to turn to vector and would love to see the accuracy increased.
The tool is fairly easy to pick up and do some basic functions. Which makes it great for non-design folks to participate in collaboration. It also has a lot of power so we can take ideas and really refine them into a quality design. Although I say I like collaboration, this tool does not offer a shared interface where multiple people can work on a project at once. The would be an interesting upgrade to see this ability of teaming in a design environment.
Daryl Garner-Savory | TrustRadius Reviewer
CorelDRAW Graphics Suite has been part of my design tool box for many years. I have used it in fields including engraving, product demand development, signage, and even a catalog for the company I work for. It works for more than just drawings--I have developed pamphlets, forms, certificates, business cards, signs, and elevator buttons.
  • Logo design
  • Signage rendering
  • Engraving layout
  • Certificates
  • Text to path could be more flexible and intuitive
  • DXF and DWG conversation could be improved
CorelDRAW Graphics Suite has been a cheaper option to design work in engraving, product development, and general layout manipulation. The only drawback is the less effective DXF and DWG filter. Importing these files into CAD/CAM packages comes with minor issues that I’ve found ways to work around but without other expensive software this is more difficult.
September 01, 2020

Corel and its maybes

Jen Lyles | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Corel for most of our Vector Art Needs. It address our art design concerns.
  • You can "move" graphics all around in it quite well
  • It's good for custom designs you print on signs and merchandise
  • The functionality is solid
  • It needs to be easier to do photo design and conversion of images
  • It would be nice if the import really worked for importing AI files
  • It hangs a lot as a program
You want the ugly truth? I wish Corel did everything Illustrator does. However, Corel is a STRONG solid program. If you want a dependable software that you can do pretty creative stuff in. Corel works. You can do things in it that you can't do anywhere else. It works really well for creating signage and layouts for products.
It's not easy to get people. The tutorials don't really "tell you" exactly how to do stuff. You have to depend on Youtube and even then, it's not the best. Corel really needs to put out really good quick tutorials on how to do "key" special effects, like how to remove a background QUICK, Art Conversions, Best Practices, etc.
Logan Baker | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use CorelDraw to create art, as well as manufacturing renderings/plans for indoor and outdoor signage. It is used by our Graphic Design team on the front/sales end of a project and by our Project Management team on the back/manufacturing end of a project. On the artistic side, our Graphic Design Team incorporates customer PMS Pantone colors, architectural features, and new design elements to generate a rendering for the customer that would give them a realistic idea of what their sign could look like. Project Management uses dimension tools and 2D design elements to show our fabrication team exactly what would need to be manufactured.
  • Fast software , loads fast, operates fast
  • Easy to use interface
  • Links to CorelPhoto from within Corel Draw
  • Upgrades to newer versions is annoying.
  • Lack of ability to change default save version is an obvious attempt to spur upgrades.
Corel Draw is great. The price point is not as high as some other comparable software, but lower would be more appealing, as there are free versions of similar software on the market that give Corel a good run for their money. Perhaps a 'startup' subscription for new companies or users?
I've never had a problem getting support. The product has always worked flawlessly. Any time it has locked up or crashed, it has been on a big file and likely my machines lack of capacity rather than the software itself. CorelDraw is a very stable and reliable software, the company representatives have always been polite and professional.
Pablo Lacerda Silva | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use CorelDRAW Graphics Suite within our department mainly in order to produce figures for papers and publications. We often have to adapt figures from other papers to our needs, digitize old poor-quality figures or make our own from scratch.
  • Automatic tracing of bitmaps is very powerful and easy to use.
  • Drag and drop importing of PDF as vector objects for editing figures saves a lot of time.
  • Sometimes Eyedropper and drag and drop colors from one object to another stops functioning and requires restarting.
  • The size of arrowheads ends for lines is too limited.
CorelDRAW is very well suited for customizing cross plots and diagrams from external software, and integrating them with multiple other sources, such as pictures, in order to distill the main concepts and summarize ideas for scientific papers. It also works great for digitizing figures from old papers and adapting them to the context of your work.
Overall, CorelDRAW meets all my needs as a researcher and allows me to create beautiful and clear graphics to illustrate the main ideas for publications. It does not lack any functionality for my needs; however, it has some bugs that impact productivity, such as the color drag and drop that sometimes stops working and needs restarting, and crashes, especially when working with large bitmaps.
Herm Harrison | TrustRadius Reviewer
I have used CorelDRAW Graphics Suite extensively for at least 25 years to create catalog pages, edit photos, open and edit AutoCAD files, and so much more. There is not another package on the market that offers such complete capabilities. There are other products that excel in one or two specific areas, but CorelDRAW can do it all.
  • Catalog creation
  • Photo editing
  • Photo editing is not as sophisticated as Corel's other Photo program PaintShopPro, or Adobe Photoshop.
  • PDF files can be larger than those created by other programs.
CorelDraw Graphics Suite is a jack-of-all-trades. It can handle virtually any commercial publishing need. It is not, however, the "best" at any one function. For my use it's indispensable, but I'm called on to create technical drawings, sales literature, business cards, and product photos. For more narrow responsibilities, there are better products such as Adobe Suite for photos, but nothing on the market competes in terms of broad functionality.
Corel Support has never failed to answer my needs.
Stéfano Bellote | TrustRadius Reviewer
It's used mainly by our Design department to develop new graphics for print, serigraphy, and engraving on new parts for home appliances. It is also used indirectly by outsourcing companies that work with us on designing new labels and packaging artworks. It does pretty well in these functions as a solution for new developments.
  • CorelDRAW software is pretty light even when working with huge designs, fast to load and no lags. Also the files exported are light too, which is great to share.
  • The interface is very intuitive and easy to use, even for new users.
  • Easy to work with different sheets within the same CDR file, for exporting different pages for example.
  • Could offer better use of layers and grouping elements, sometimes sorting through different elements on-screen gets a little confusing.
  • Printing preview is not the best and most precise, could be improved.
  • Integration with other design software could be better.
Any design need can be met with Corel Draw Graphics Suite, and it offers a simple interface with easy access which is suitable for any kind of user, be it an experienced graphic designer that never used Corel Draw, or someone new to graphic design or no experience at all to this world. For sure the software with the best learning curve.
I honestly never needed the direct support for the Corel Draw Graphics Suite, the software works pretty well and almost never lags or crashes, the few problems I had I could find the solution within colleagues or a fast search on the internet, which is a great source for any solution you need or new skills to learn within Corel Draw, there's a vast library of tutorials and videos that can help to learn pretty much everything.
December 15, 2019

Review from a power user

Richard Reilly   - Fluid | TrustRadius Reviewer
The CorelDRAW Graphics Suite is the major tool in our arsenal here at Fluid. Corel is used in many aspects of our workflow from content generation to prepress and final execution of deliverables in the form of design, marketing materials, social media imagery, packaging, and printing. The graphics suite apps address all our needs from design to production with seamless integration of raster and vector workflows and a robust list of features and tools that allow us to concentrate on any task at hand with ease. The CorelDRAW Graphics Suite has it all.
  • Ease of use is a major factor in our choice for the CorelDRAW Graphics Suite. With intuitive interface terminologies, users are able to jump right into the applications with ease and confidence.
  • The ability to customize the Suite to fit your particular needs is a major strength of the CorelDRAW Graphics Suite. CorelDRAW customization abilities are endless and can turn the default Graphics Suite into a fully customized powerhouse application catered to a designer's specific wants and needs.
  • Documentation on many features are absent or obscurely hidden which I feel deters users from learning about or how to use certain aspects and features of the suite.
  • VBA in Corel is a major asset and used by many. The lack of knowledge of VBA from many users could be addressed with a more user-friendly way of creating custom macros and toolsets. I feel Corel should implement a user-friendly way of creating custom macros as the VBA abilities of Corel are a major asset that could generate more users and sales while giving current users a more powerful way of using the suite.
The CorelDRAW Graphics Suite is a powerhouse when it comes to vector art generation and workflows. The toolset within DRAW allows for a wide range of work that can be completed easily without the need for additional software. Printing to plotters can be done directly from within DRAW making set up and Vinyl cutting easy and quick. Prepress is another great aspect of DRAW. Coupled with Pantone screen printers can easily create color separations with ease and confidence. Multi paged documents is another plus with the Suite. Corel is well suited for flyers and newsletters, and even books.
Not applicable. Have never had the need to use Corel support.
John La Belle | TrustRadius Reviewer
CorelDRAW is currently used for creating graphics for use in InDesign, Photoshop, and for creating other graphic file formats directly used in the production of advertising, signage, and other specialty and print projects.
  • Infinitely scalable Vector-based graphics.
  • Controlling the overprinting of both fills and outlines for manual trapping.
  • A multitude of export formats including PDFx-1a and multiple levels of EPS and AI compatibility, as well as raster-based formats with full color and antialiasing control.
  • It needs a little work importing certain types of PDFs and EPS or AI formats with Bitmaps contained in them, but it's generally 99% fine.
CorelDRAW is perfect as a standalone drawing program where vector-based formats are required and are more than adequate as an Adobe Illustrator competitor. It's not so well suited for doing book work or full brochure layouts, though it certainly CAN. It's just not really designed specifically for that in my opinion and might feel a bit clunky to use if you're trying to use it for those things instead of an application such as InDesign.
Honestly, I've never had to use support. There's nothing the matter with the built-in help system if you find yourself stuck looking for a feature.
Trish Kootstra | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use CorelDRAW Graphics Suite to create designs for my laser engraving business.
  • Creates great images
  • There is so much packed inside this software you can do almost anything.
  • More videos for using tools in software
  • Each time a version changes you can't find things again, so maybe a "what's changed" document
CorelDRAW Graphics Suite is perfectly suited for my laser engraving business.
I have had to use YouTube video tutorials from others to find out how to work some of the tools that I should be able to instead locate in the help from CorelDRAW.
We use CorelDRAW Graphics Suite to edit images and help design departmental letterheads, backgrounds, and logos. It is only used by myself, but at times I use it for work for all departments in the organization. It allows us to create edit and images with higher quality than that allowed using tools included with Windows.
  • High quality bitmap image editing
  • High quality Vector Graphics creation, management, and editing
  • Bitmap editing is extremely slow to open and save in the newest version.
  • Vector creation and editing is sometimes confusing.
CorelDRAW Graphics Suite is a good all-around image editing and creation software. We are able to maintain internal artwork without the need for an artistic department. It seems less confusing to me than offerings from other vendors. The new version is very slow to open and save, so it is probably no longer well suited for high volume image editing.
We have never called customer support for CorelDRAW Graphics Suite, so I have no opinion on their offering.
Mandy Cramer | TrustRadius Reviewer
CorelDRAW Graphics Suite is not my top choice for a graphics program, however, it has certainly improved from years before. It is really nice for creating mockups for future product designs, but the graphics are somewhat flat or better for clean vector art as opposed to high detailed photographic quality artwork or graphics.
  • It makes really nice mockups.
  • Flat style artwork is also really beautiful.
  • It is less expensive than competitors.
  • I don't think it is well suited for photographic quality artwork.
  • There aren't as many editing tools.
  • Layering isn't as good as competitors.
I would only recommend CorelDraw if someone didn't have access to Adobe products. It's really nice for creating flat graphics for web or UI or anything like that, but for more photographic things, I don't recommend it as much. I think it is good for easy layouts but I wouldn't really use it for making magazine or book layouts.
I haven't had to use support for CorelDraw, but if I had any questions, I always look up online tutorials or forums via web searches. I believe if I had a problem I could easily get help, though it would have to be within their normal business hours like any other company.
Ostap Yaroshevych | TrustRadius Reviewer
In general, it has allowed me and the design team to represent various products with excellent quality. The new releases are incredibly time-saving because of the multi threading and it counts when you have a tight schedule doing projects for clients. Overall, great performance/feature improvements for marketers. Good tool for page layout and logo creation.
  • Powerful and incredible program of photo retouching. Any image can be perfected and in marketing, that is an indispensable tool to achieve high-quality work.
  • Very easy to use for vector drawings. CorelDRAW proves to be a powerful, capable graphic design app.
  • The trial version has limited features.
  • A little bit expensive compared to other competitors
We use it for the production of different graphic products quickly and easily. It allows saving and exporting a large number of formats (jpg, pdf, png, ai, bmp, among others). So, great experience designing everything from documents to posters, logos, popups and more. Don't wait, just try it.
Don't have any problems with the tool or support.
We use CorelDRAW Graphics Suite to create graphics files for our custom engraving business. Our entire organization uses CorelDRAW because the files work best with the brand of laser engraver we use. We bring bitmap files into the layout and also use the text, font, and vector graphics files to create the final product for our customers.
  • Accepts different types of files into one layout: bitmap, vector, text, pdf, etc.
  • Ease of use in exporting to other programs.
  • Ease in accepting files from other programs.
  • Intuitive interface.
  • It's easy to learn and use overall.
  • Some of the font files have spacing issues, for example, Monotype Corsiva is set a little to the right when choosing a centered text
  • We can't save a version of the CorelDRAW file as a jpeg.
  • The auto vertical text centering options don't always transfer well or show if saved as a pdf, so we hand-center text vertically.
This is well-suited for someone in the sign-making or engraving business, as there is a lot of support within the community for this program and it is widely used. We use CorelDRAW to design proofs for our customers and also use this program to set up the files to send to our laser engraving print driver. Although there is a photo editor within the suite, I think there are other programs that are better for this. We have found the photo editor to be very useful to open files that other programs can't seem to open.

CorelDRAW Graphics Suite Scorecard Summary

What is CorelDRAW Graphics Suite?

Corel Corporation, headquartered in Ottawa, offers the CorelDRAW Graphics Suite, a graphic design studio and library of tools.

CorelDRAW Graphics Suite Pricing