Overall Satisfaction with AlertSite
We needed a solution at the time to replace a very aged website monitoring solution. Our websites were developing constantly we weren't keeping up with the changes in terms of monitoring the visibility of the applications and the multistep experiences users were undertaking during a site visit and using our products. We have a large userbase and our websites are where our products are available, making us a 24/7 operation and also meaning our website uptime is absolutely key to profitability.
- The Deja-Click Recorder is an excellent tool.
- Good UI that translates to large NOC screens well.
- Easy Alerting and Reporting.
- Support is inconsistent at times in terms of quality and response.
- Monitoring locations would have issues.
- Dashboard would go unavailable at times or lag behind.
- Negative, if anything, due to the astronomical cost of the platform and the scaling cost. We eventually swapped to another provider for a fraction of the cost, with an acceptable loss of functionality.
- Issues from time to time with transaction recordings meant we would have to start again.
We moved all of our services to Site24x7 after several years with AlertSite. We looked at Uptrends and Pingdom to name a few whilst evaluating options. Pingdom lacks functionality and Uptrends we found to have quite a steep learning curve. AlertSites platform and in particular the Deja-Click recorder is a standout tool against the other platforms. Sadly the upscaling costs of multi-location transactions can quickly add up.
A very costly platform if you intend to implement multistep transactions that use geographical testing. There are better alternatives out there at a fraction of the cost. It's difficult to say where Alertsite would be well suited. They're experienced in the sector and have been a player for a while now so they have the experience to hand if you're new to transactional testing and just starting out. If you need a large number of transactions and have a wide variety of products to monitor, then this is not the solution for you, as the cost will scale.