July 18, 2019
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Amazon Web Services
It is being used by an individual department. It provides scalability without the need to manage server infrastructure. It offers versatile services such as data warehousing, machine learning, and performance monitoring. You also have control of who accesses what feature through identity and access management, as well as audit activity through Cloud Trail. It is easy to import your data into AWS, so start-up time is quick.
- It is highly redundant.
- You can design performance capable infrastructure at up to 80% cheaper than other services.
- You can configure your routing based on latency, geo-location, weighted, etc.
- Menu to access different services is a bit muddled. It could use some streamlining.
- Interactive and informative training should be offered by Amazon, rather than third party services.
- Availability zones differ between accounts.
- We have reduced our S3 operating costs by 70% migrating to S3-IA.
- We save an average of 50% by bidding of spot instances and high capacity hours.
- It has allowed us to automate a large amount of our workload.
It is a well-balanced service for commercial-scale applications or at homes start-ups. You can experiment with different environments to find a configured that suits your needs, without the fear of long-term consequences. This allows for high performing, highly available architecture that is also cost-effective. You can configure your environment down to the minutia, or launch a wizard to handle it for you, allowing for mass-scale deployments.