The best there Is
December 05, 2017
The best there Is
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with AppFolio Property Manager
We use AppFolio for all our leasing and management operations. The software is linked to our website (AppFolio is the creator and administrator) so vacancies post immediately. Everything property management is done through AppFolio such as reports, paying vendors and owners, paying management fees, collections of rents and other charges, tenant general liability insurance, sending text and emails to tenants/residents.
- Support is phenomenal. Response time is great and results are immediate.
- By far the easiest property management software I have ever used. If mistakes are made, making corrections is extremely easy and does not clutter up reports, ledgers or other areas of the account.
- Posting directly to the website and other internet sites is so simple and quick. No more do I spend time inputting data in my software then again to the website and yet again to internet advertisements. Data is entered once and moved to all of these locations at the click of a button.
- The calendar needs a lot of improvement. Currently it will sync with Google calendar but I would like to see it sync directly with my Outlook calendar.
- It would be extremely beneficial if lease expiration dates would post to the calendar OR if AppFolio would notify me in advance that a lease expiration is upcoming.
- I would like some sort of notification when an on-line payment is made.
- The ability to send group text messages and emails would be an added luxury.
- I would like to have the ability to add or take away from the Dashboard.
- Before AppFolio, it would take quite a bit of time to complete the move in flow from applicant to tenant. The time saved has been termendous, reducing payroll expenses and other overhead costs.
- The ability to do everything on-line from applicantion to payment of fees and deposits to signing the lease has also reduced payroll expenses and other overhead. As a start-up company I am doing everything from securing new business to leasing, inspections, hiring vendors, monitoring the work of vendors, paying bills and owners. Because I can accomplish all of this from my cell phone, laptop and iPad, things get done immediately no matter where I am.
- Negative impact: I FIND MYSELF WORKING ALL HOURS OF THE DAY AND NIGHT. Because access is available anywhere, anytime, I cannot control myself! :)
I can only speak for the types of properties I am currently managing, which are single-family, multi-family and small retail. AppFolio is well suited for property management of each of these. As my business grows I will be better able to determine if AppFolio will be suited for other types of property management. I feel very confident that if I have a situation arise that doesn't appear to work well with AppFolio that their development team will work to correct the problem(s).