Overall Satisfaction with Apple Remote Desktop
Apple Remote Desktop is being used in our school district on each campus. I currently use Apple Remote Desktop to troubleshoot classroom and lab computers as needed. I also use Apple Remote Desktop to update computer software as new updates are released. I also use Apple Remote Desktop to make it easier for teachers, who bring in 20-25 Pre-Kindergarten students, by logging the lab computers in through Apple Remote Desktop. This creates less stress for the teachers and allows the students more time to work on their programs instead of sitting waiting for the teacher to log them in one by one. I also use Apple Remote Desktop to push log in information for different software programs. Apple Remote Desktop allows me to work on numerous computers quickly and more efficiently. I currently have over 250 computers that I manage on a daily basis and without Apple Remote Desktop it would be impossible to touch each and every computer.
- Provides a way to log the lab and classroom computers on to allow teachers to teach instead of one by one logging on the younger students.
- Provides a way to update the computers all at once, which is particularly handy for the numerous Adobe Flash updates that come out regularly.
- Provides a way to push scripts to maintain the computers and set power settings.
- Allows me to remote into a trouble computer across the building to help when a problem arises.
- Sometimes Apple Remote Desktop is finicky when it comes to wireless connection. If a lab computer drops the ethernet, Apple Remote Desktop can't always find the computer.
- Setting of power settings can be messed up when certain scripts are ran and I haven't found a way to "reset" back to default. It has that option but it does not work to reset to default. I have 25 computers that no longer turn them selves on in the morning, even though the setting in the power settings has it scheduled to do so.
- Depending on the day, Apple Remote Desktop does not search or scan as well as other days.
- Apple Remote Desktop has eliminated the need for me to go to all 60 classrooms daily to troubleshoot and repair computers.
- Apple Remote Desktop does cause some frustration because it is hard to find a lot of scripts to help make it work better for me. I am learning quickly, but learning the scripts is work.
- Apple Remote Desktop has helped our campus be more efficient and allows the students more time on the computers and less downtime on the computers when repairs need to be done.
Apple Remote Desktop allows me access and control that Casper doesn't always have. I love the use of the Remote sessions to be able to get on and see what exactly is going on and then to be able to fix it without having to run across campus to that classroom.
Apple Remote Desktop is well suited for logging in Pre-Kindergarten students all at the same time to allow the students more time on the computer versus waiting for the teacher to log them in one by one. Apple Remote Desktop is not well suited for use on wireless consistently.