AppSheet used to fight Africas external aid dependancehttps://www.trustradius.com/low-code-developmentAppSheetUnspecified8.8641012019-02-27T17:10:55.103Z
February 27, 2019
AppSheet used to fight Africas external aid dependance
Score 10 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with AppSheet
Used in developing countries to aid in decentralisation, own source revenues and transparency. Funded by UK and Canadian Government.
- RAD and deployment.
- Ease of use for the users (intuitive).
- Ability to customise queries and manipulate data.
- GPS on the maps are terrible. We dont use the map to collect data as the signal is erratic only in Appsheet. We have another app installed on the same phone to get X,Y data which is copied and pasted into the appsheet solution. We have tried everything but Appsheet map and coordinate accuracy and erratic behaviour is below par.
- Deployment management. While it is great that people see your changes right away, it sometimes leads to downtime if one makes a mistake. In the beginning it was hard to tell which changes would negatively effect the users and in some cases the data got jumbled due to table changes. Would be good if development, testing and deployment were better streamlined. No need for auto testing (like selenium etc.) just a place we can test before deploying. Now we have several "dev" versions with a cumbersome copy and paste system.
- Led to contracting and a new vision with regards to social entrepreneurship.
I gave it a 10 because the company is relatively young and caters to a segment I think has been overlooked by others such as Betty Blocks etc. Those wanting a foot in the game really have the advantage that AppSheet allows you to develop for free while making up your mind. This allowed me to pilot a small version to prove the concept and it will result later (as we sign the deal) a deployment of 80+ users on one of the projects we work with. Expect an exponential growth by 2020. This means we dont have to build an internal mobile platform but hopefully can continue with Appsheet. I hope it will scale. The support and community is excellent!!!