AppSheet Reviews

Helen Vorrath profile photo

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

U3A Port Phillip Inc is an organisation entirely staffed by volunteers (there wasn't a category of 0 employees, so I put in the number of volunteers instead).
We run courses for retirees in the City of Port Phillip (part of Melbourne, Australia). We have always kept attendance rolls for our courses. Until 2017, these were pieces of paper that became progressively scrappier and messier as the year went by. Now, we use AppSheet to provide a user-friendly front-end to attendance records held on Google Sheets.
We use dedicated Android tablets in our classrooms, and phones and other mobile devices for courses held off-site. AppSheet is so powerful and so well-designed that we have been able to create an easy-to-use system of electronic rolls (e-rolls) that are used and well-accepted by most of our 700+members, whose ages range from 55 to 90+.
Read Helen Vorrath's full review
Kittipak Pakjamsai profile photo
December 03, 2019

My AppSheet Review Sum Up

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Appsheet has been used by several departments in the company to create a news update mobile application that makes the news searching and analyzing more convenient. Although I am just an intern in the digital analysis department, I confirm that the department does not use AppSheet for illegal purposes and to reassure that the application is for the use of communications between departments.
Read Kittipak Pakjamsai's full review
October 13, 2019

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

It is used by the entire organization of my customers. We started with tracking quality items through the process and are now developing more and more apps that centralize critical business competencies like risk analysis, standard operating procedures, etc.
September 09, 2019

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I have been using Appsheet since 2014 for my own personal daily work, and it has helped me organize my daily time schedule and record and document all things work and personal life-related. Appsheet is a program that makes my life easier. I am recommending it to all people with whom I am working.
David Hopkins profile photo

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We've used AppSheet for several "quick" fixes where I've needed to gather information or distribute instructions to team members on travel. Utilizing the native mobile implementations makes this tool a RAD platform, with true power and flexibility. Departmentally I've built simple status trackers that have allowed us to have up to the minute updates on active projects, while organizationally, I've used AppSheet to collect customer and client information and reviews. The biggest benefit that AppSheet provides for us is the low cost, RAD (rapid application development) platform for these "1 off" tools that everyone needs from time to time.
Read David Hopkins's full review
Pratik Parmar profile photo

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

AppSheet is an amazing ecosystem for Low Code Apps development as well as Information Presentation & Processing. I would like to recommend AppSheet to all Executives and Management Professionals who deal with loads of Data regularly. AppSheet transforms the existing Data from various importable sources into a beautiful business dashboard, & various outputs. It is a most favorable App System for a company to display its workable data with integrity and Live Data to multiple connected locations and executives.
Read Pratik Parmar's full review
Wesley Renton profile photo

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

AppSheet has been used in our organization as an information database for teachers. The app is called "Always in Touch" and it basically allows for any teacher to search for parental information for any student that attends our school. It also shows what grade and class the pupil is in, what their parent's names are as well as contact information for both. All teachers have access to the app at the moment and it is used on a daily basis. In the past, it was always difficult to find a pupil's information, staff members would have to go to the office and ask the secretaries for a parents contact information - now all we need to know is the pupil's name and we can personally search for it.
Read Wesley Renton's full review
Harish Narendrula profile photo
April 16, 2019

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

AppSheet is being used to study transportation in India with a fleet of 1,000 trucks. It will be utilized in all of our departments: Management Information System, Analytics, Statistics, Operations, Marketing, Order Management
Read Harish Narendrula's full review
Michael King profile photo

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I currently work on the side by being a professional driver for a large car dealer in nearby towns. I have developed an app using AppSheet to make it easy to keep up with drive data. One advantage is I can update things like purchasing gas in the app while at the pump so I do not get anything wrong for my reimbursement. The only disadvantage is the app looks a little generic so I would like to jazz it up a bit with more pictures and better presentation on the form pages.
Read Michael King's full review
marco badalamenti profile photo

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

As one can imagine, managing the procedures within an aviation service organization is a challenging and complex task. Internal communication must occur precisely and effectively in order for external processes to operate without flaw. Because Aviation Services S.p.A. is often handling sensitive calculations about aircraft loads and balance, flight control, turnaround coordination, load movement, and passenger transport, the margin for error is nonexistent.

Until 3 Years ago, Aviation Services S.p.A. was operating these procedures via electronic data sheets and communicating the information to each other via phone. Marco suspected there might be a better way, and that’s when he found AppSheet.

The app's Marco built is called Synchro, and it’s designed to manage all of the figures responsible for processing and flight management.

Now that the process has been systemized via the use of the app, data entry and coordination is seamless. All of the data for each flight is now easily shared among responsible parties without the need to communicate verbally, thereby reducing the potential for human error.

In the aviation industry, there’s no room for that!

Read marco badalamenti's full review
Malaka Jayawardene profile photo

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I am a surgeon in Sri Lanka. I currently work in the hepatopancreaticobiliary (HPB) unit at Colombo South Teaching Hospital, Sri Lanka. We get so many patients referred to our unit with various HPB conditions from all over the country and maintaining their clinical data has always been a challenge for us. The unit was using a Google sheet to maintain data on patients which was very cumbersome, mainly due to the difficulty in handling a large spreadsheet spread across a computer screen. Furthermore, we encounter patients at different locations in the hospital (clinics, wards, operation theatre, radiology department etc.) and the computer was at only one place, so going back to the computer to enter data was very impractical. All of this culminated in significant lapses in the patient data. Then, I found out about AppSheet and within a couple of months, I managed to make an HPB Database app that records patient details. I have made it in such a way that we now can record patient data on so many aspects, on multiple disease conditions over 20+ different tables and 300+ columns. People at AppSheet like Aleksi Alkio, Steve Coile, Reza Raoofi and users like Suvrutt Gurjar have helped me a lot to learn complex things within the app. It's an amazing app, and once you get the hang of expressions/simple codes/formulas, you can do awesome things in it!
Read Malaka Jayawardene's full review
Rajeev Tatkar profile photo
March 28, 2019

Good for prototyping

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

It is being used as a prototyping tool for development of applications. This tool has helped us to expand the scope of projects in a meaningful manner without any additional cost. It is likely to be used until we can find a different tool that can be used to generate HTML, JS, or CSS for our final product requirements in as simple a manner.
Read Rajeev Tatkar's full review
Todd Pavlou profile photo

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I am not a coder and was originally a little frightened of being able to use the product, but I am pleased to say that there is plenty of quality assistance through the AppSheet webinars to help you learn. Also, the learning library can help even a novice like me understand. We use the product for reports and planning.
Read Todd Pavlou's full review
Steven Wood profile photo
February 11, 2019

New Appsheet User

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I am currently setting up an app using AppSheet to replace our manual field service check sheets. This should reduce the amount of time and effort it takes to complete inspection and make it more useful than working with paper forms in a dirty and wet environment.
Read Steven Wood's full review
Benjamin Sabbah profile photo

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Thanks to AppSheet we've built, in just a few hours - days, a pipe app which is 100% tailored to our needs! More specifically, we were able to integrate our products' references, categorize our clients and create a great contacts repository, all data being linked through a smooth interface.

Then, thanks to its open databases connections, you can easily plug the data gathered through your app to your own business dashboards via Excel or Google Sheet.

I definitely recommend AppSheet to anyone who would need to create a cost-effective app to gather data among his/her company and track evolutions.
Read Benjamin Sabbah's full review

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I am part of the board of a charity event that is held every year through a church in my area. We have over 400 volunteers that we have to register, train and then check-in for the event. We also have 170 guests that we need to check in for their event. In the past we had clumsily used Excel, and then tried to use other digital solutions to make everything more streamlined and efficient but nothing worked for our needs and still had a lot of room for error.
Then I stumbled across AppSheet and it was PERFECT for what we needed. The levels of customization mean that the build can be as easy or as complicated as you would like, and it was fun to learn how to set it all up. The app worked flawlessly and was simple enough even for end users who aren't technologically savvy. I will absolutely use AppSheet again and would recommend to anyone looking for a way to keep their data organized and presented in a user friendly format.

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We tried AppSheet to digitize a form of ours for field inspectors to use while away from the office. This was supposed to just be used for one team, to begin with. The form was intended to remove a paper step and incorporate a new workflow to replace it. Unfortunately, AppSheet was not sophisticated enough for what we were trying to accomplish as far as creating the interface. We wanted something very customized.
February 11, 2019

Appsheet Review

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

It is being used as a maintenance log for equipment in four city departments

Visual Modeling (20)
Drag-and-drop Interfaces (1)
Platform Security (19)
Platform User Management (20)
6.7
Reusability (19)
Platform Scalability (19)
6.7

About AppSheet

According to the vendor, AppSheet is an intelligent, no-code app platform for everyone. Users can create apps to transform the workplace.

Common use cases include field service, transportation, customer surveys, incident reports, field data capture, compliance reports, delivery tracking, and property surveys.

Used by the Fortune 500 & Industry Leaders
Customers include Clearlink, Enterprise Holdings, ESPN, Pepsi, the University of Michigan, and the State of Colorado.

AppSheet allows users to build a No Code App in 4 Ways
1) Connect your data sources (e.g. Excel, Google Sheets, SQL, etc.).
2) Copy a sample app.
3) Use an Add-On for Google Sheets, Forms, or Excel.
4) Start from SPEC, our natural language declarative programming tool.

The vendor says AppSheet is useful if you:
1) Require a custom mobile app to brand and distribute to employees, colleagues, or customers
2) Are not a software developer