Overall Satisfaction with Arcserve Backup
Arcserve UDP is deployed on all of our data centers and branch offices; we use it for central and remote sites backup, and for replication and disaster recovery. Additionally, we use the UDP for automatic DR testing and protection of all of our VMs, physical machines, applications, and databases.
- Backup of Virtual and Physical Machines
- Instant Virtual Machines
- Copy to Tape
- Automatic testing of Disaster Recovery environments
- Virtual standby automatic restore of VM's and Physical machines
- Backup using hardware snapshots
- Backup of Exchange 365
- File System Archive is limited without stubbing
- Virtual Standby is limited to Windows only
- Using arcserve UDP we managed to reuse the storage used for the previous solution and extend the backup retention to 3 months from two weeks!
- The cost of using a single solution for backup, DR and replication is much lower than using backup software, VMware SRM and storage replications.
- BMR capabilities and v2v allows us to use VMware on the production mixture of VMware and hyper-v on the DR to reduce the costs.
We have selected ARCserve v.s the competition for several reasons - the Arcserve UDP data reduction was by far better than the competition, Additionally we found the solution easy to use compared to other alternatives, with the greatest replication and advanced features such as immediate access to backed up data without restore, SLA meeting and more.
Arcserve Backup Feature Ratings
Using Arcserve Backup
1 - Arcserve UDP is fairly simple to use and manage, every system admin can manage the solution - it is very easy to use and manage, and there is a lot of How-Tos available on YouTube.
- Backup and replications of Physical and Virtual Machines
- Disaster Recovery automation
- Easy recovery of applications, data and servers even without the need to restore the data
- Backup of cloud applications such as Office 365
- We use ARCserve UDP to create secondary copies of our machines for testing.
- We use it to run virtual to virtual replication from VMware to Hyper-V on a DR site.
- We use it to build and test a DR site.
- We are currently looking at arcserve archive manager for Exchange Archive
- Incremental forever backup of NAS shares to replace the NDMP