Overall Satisfaction with Articulate 360
- Rise app - New way to create an "eLearning course". It's not a traditional looking eLearning, and that's what I love about it.
- Review app - Ability to collaborate with others in providing feedback about a course.
- Responsiveness - Ability to publish a course and have it available for computer, tablet, and smartphone.
- Subscription based model - must pay fees every year
- Cloud based - not beneficial for my company
- Rise is not compatible with IE11, and my company will not be moving away from IE11 any time soon
- Review could have a positive impact because of the ability to collaborate
- Rise could have a positive impact because of the ability to create a course quickly, and in a new interactive format
- My company is impacted negatively because we cannot use Articulate 360, nor can we purchase the apps separately --- with 360, it's all or nothing
Even though it does not fit well with my work group, it may be a great solution for others. Articulate is definitely moving in the right direction. They are trying to give eLearning developers and instructional technologists everything they need in one location. If I were a freelancer and could afford the yearly subscription, I would purchase Articulate 360 in a heartbeat.
Right now, we are going to stick with Storyline 2 and wait for the next version of it. For others considering the purchase of 360, I highly recommend downloading the free 30-day trial just to make sure it meets all of your requirements, especially if you work for a company/organization.