A robust and feature-rich application for all your complex eLearning needshttps://www.trustradius.com/corporate-learning-managementArticulate 360Unspecified8.9791012019-08-30T23:17:01.025Z
August 30, 2019
A robust and feature-rich application for all your complex eLearning needs
Score 7 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with Articulate 360
We mostly use the Storyline 360 application within Articulate 360 to build and edit eLearning modules for our organization. We use this application when we need to create complex eLearning modules for which our Learning Management System does not have a native activity already built. This allows our platform to be more flexible in terms of the types of learning content offered.
- Robust set of features for creating complex and engaging eLearning content.
- Flexible publishing options to accommodate users with a variety of LMS needs and requirements.
- Options to create mobile-friendly and mobile-responsive eLearning content.
- It has a fairly steep learning curve for new users.
- The relatively high price point, especially for a nonprofit organization, means we can afford a very limited number of licenses.
- The complex feature set means that details are easy to miss when creating content.
- Articulate 360 has allowed us to provide eLearning content to clients who have their own LMS and do not wish to use ours.
- It allows us to meet the learning objectives of various business units' eLearning content due to its robust feature set, resulting in higher internal client satisfaction.
- It has caused some administrative bottlenecks due to the higher price point and limited users at our organization.
Once you get over the learning curve, the platform is pretty easy to use, but the learning curve itself is rather steep. Even once you are familiar with the feature set, it is easy to overlook a small setting, which can cause client-facing errors. Correcting these errors is kind of a tedious process due to having to load up the application, make your change, and re-publish the course.
We have not had to use Articulate 360 support much at all over the years. But when we have reached out they have been helpful in getting our issues resolved. There are also a lot of great resources in their online support forums, as well as throughout the internet as a whole, due to the large user base.
We have some simpler authoring tools available to us, such as Knowbly and H5P. These tools are quicker to use for authoring and publishing, with less of a learning curve. But given the very specific business requirements we face, it is important for us to have a robust and feature-rich tool such as Articulate 360 in order to meet those needs.
Articulate 360 is well suited for creators of complex eLearning modules, given its robust and flexible feature set. We have some simpler authoring tools, but specific business requirements for various projects require us to have a feature-rich tool that can be used for almost any eLearning situation. If you just need to create very simple eLearning modules, I would recommend looking for a less expensive tool with a shorter learning curve.