Overall Satisfaction with Ascentis HR
We currently use the Ascentis HR, Payroll and Time modules. We only use them within our HR/Payroll department. We have the HR module linked with our benefits companies which streamlines the process tremendously. It narrows down the amount of data entry required for benefits processing such as enrollment, changes to benefits, terminations, address changes etc. It also stores wage and employment information. As well we can enter OSHA required information which makes the mandatory OSHA reporting as easy as a click of a button. This eliminates the need to sift throuh files and paperwork until we find the information we need. We simply look up the employee and almost everything we need is right there. The necessary inforation then feeds directly into our payroll module which helps prevent mistakes due to data entry. We also use the time system which feeds into payroll. This also helps us track vacation balances and allows us to automatically send out reports to supervisors eliminating a lot of inquiries.
- Streamlining benefits administration - Ascentis creates a one-stop-shop. Simply enter your employee's information into Ascentis and they communicate with the benefits companies. No need to duplicate data entry.
- Reporting module - the reporting module in HR is fantastic. Very easy to use and create reports on the fly.
- The Payroll product is also very nice. We don't have a lot of issues like we had with previous providers.
- Customer Service is quick and knowledgable.
- The Time module could improve greatly. That is the one area that frustrates me the most. The system lags horribly on busy days . They could also add some more customizable features such as the abiliy to manipulate shift differentials/shift rules a bit more to the customer's liking.
- n/a - I wouldn't necessarily say it has had a very big impact on our bottom line. It has allowed the HR/Payroll department to save time however with data entry.
Ascentis is tremendously better than either Ceridian or Paychex and much more cost effective than Kronos. Kronos was a better time module however.