The Good and the Bad!

September 23, 2021
We use Ascentis HR for our "system of record", ESS, open enrollment, etc. We are just starting to learn and use Performance Management, …

New User w/ Honest Feedback

February 21, 2021
We use Ascentis for HR and Payroll. We utilize the Employee Self-Service Portal throughout the organization. This helps all forms be …

Technical System View

February 07, 2021
[Ascentis] allowed us to transition from paper processes to electronic and streamline our work. It provided a platform for employees to …

• Update personal information (151)
  • Employment history (140)
  • Pre-built reports (142)
  • Report builder (144)
    6.5

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Ascentis (discontinued), and make your voice heard!

What is Ascentis (discontinued)?

Ascentis HR uses web-based management programs to help automate complex HR processes. Ascentis’ other services included customizable payroll, time and attendance and recruiting modules. Ascentis was acquired by UKG in March of 2022, and will be discontinued.

What is Paychex Flex?

Paychex Flex, of Paychex' Online Payroll Services, is a cloud-based human resource management and payroll platform. Paychex offers core and specialized services, and scales to meet the needs of small businesses, SMBs, and large enterprises.

What is Oracle PeopleSoft HCM?

Oracle's PeopleSoft HCM is a complete, customizable suite including Global Core Human Capital Management, Workforce Management, Workforce Service Delivery, and Talent Management. PeopleSoft can be integrated to run on the Oracle Cloud.

Human Resource Management

Succession Planning

6.0

Recruiting / ATS

6.4

What is Ascentis (discontinued)?

Ascentis was an a-la carte full suite workforce management (WFM) technology platform and human capital solutions. Ascentis WFM provided time and attendance solutions that provided clients with scheduling, compliance, complex calculations, and time collection options. The HCM suite, included a fully a-la carte solution.

Ascentis was acquired by UKG in March of 2022. The service will be discontinued.

Ascentis (discontinued) Screenshots

Screenshot of Access all of your details including, paychecks, personal file, timeclock, etc via our mobile app.Screenshot of Punch-in and punch-out on the go.Screenshot of Centralized location for everything related to a user or admin.Screenshot of Every employee has access to their personal information in one location.Screenshot of Pre-built reporting along with Ad Hoc reporting gives you the ability to understand your business as a whole.Screenshot of Benefit enrollment made easy for your employees.Screenshot of Manage your employees schedule, PTO, accruals through our best of breed timekeeping system.

Ascentis (discontinued) Competitors

Ascentis (discontinued) Technical Details

UKG Pro, Paylocity, and Paycom are common alternatives for Ascentis (discontinued).

Reviewers rate Direct deposit files highest, with a score of 9.2.

The most common users of Ascentis (discontinued) are from Mid-sized Companies (51-1,000 employees) and the Hospital & Health Care industry.

Overall, the software as a whole is extremely user friendly. Being a person that doesn't mind clicking around to find what I need, I find that I can problem solve on my own quite often. There are a few times that I wish there was a different flow, example being Recruiting. There is not an ease is clicking back to the screen before without doing a new search again. But all in all, I do think this is good for all.
Overall, the process runs smoothly and easily. There are only a few minor details I have ran into that I would see if an adjustment could possibly be made. On my end, those things can manually have a process to make them work as I need.
February 11, 2021

Medium Product

Have to click a lot of different things to get to the section you're looking for without a lot of training. Training not easily accessible
Dawn Erin | TrustRadius Reviewer
The reports creator could be simplified and again, the system needs to automatically calculate mid-period pay raises for hourly EEs like it does for salary. The fact that I have to do manual calculations on this is not a huge deal but every time I have to do it I think "the system should do this considering what we paid for it".
Carrie Mennis, SHRM SCP | TrustRadius Reviewer
As mentioned earlier, if you step into using Ascentis without an understanding of how everything flows, you will be lost. It is not simple. It is not intuitive. I was able to figure everything out, but to really feel like I knew what was going on took around two full years and many mistakes made with lessons learned.
December 30, 2020

The dedicated user

Ascentis is easy for all users but on the admin side, you have to have a lot of knowledge of ALL the buttons that need to be pushed to make a change/adjustment that is seemingly easy. There's no such thing as a casual user; there are daily users for timeclocks and such and a dedicated admin to have a working knowledge of all working parts.
December 29, 2020

Ascentis--Adequate

I think the usability is good for users; some challenges for managers and administrators. It is not as seamless as they said during the sales process.
December 23, 2020

My Ascentis Review

Christina Miyamoto, PHR® | TrustRadius Reviewer
Usability is an interesting way to describe this rating. The true usability factors in time spent troubleshooting, exchanging many frustrating/unhelpful messages with Support, unintended consequences when errors are reported and Support claims "it has been corrected", but in reality, the fix/workaround has negatively affected something else in the system that we only discover later on.
I love the ability to do whatever I need to get done within the system when I need to. It's very user-friendly and the resources available are helpful as well. I've been approached endlessly by Paycom over the 5 years but I keep telling them that we are super happy with Ascentis and don't anticipate making any changes for the foreseeable future.
Payroll works well. HR desktop doesn't. Web based Ascentis not fully functional yet, so no point in going there. High hopes for it!
Employees and Management all love this product, as the ease of use is great! The app makes it very user friendly, as things can be done from cell phones anywhere at any time! Our Field Service Technicians love that they can clock in and out, etc., from any location, and that their time can be approved accordingly.