Technical System View
February 07, 2021
Technical System View
Score 7 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Ascentis
[Ascentis] allowed us to transition from paper processes to electronic and streamline our work. It provided a platform for employees to use to update all their information.
- Provides a single platform where employees can enroll in benefits, update personal information, complete online training and performance reviews.
- Provides leadership a platform to process employment related items, review all team data in one location and receive leadership training.
- Updating the system so it is one platform and not two.
- Create changes to the benefit enrollment process and upgrade the system so hire dates do not need to be changed to trigger benefits for status changes.
- Focus updates on HR Admin, mobile application, ATS and transitioning to one platform. Larger areas of focus have been on the payroll portion of the system with a few updates to other areas.
- When something is broken, quicker turn time on fixing the issue.
- System needs updates to support AAP reporting.
- It has streamlined our hiring process and training initiatives.
- It has created extensive administrative time because there are system tweaks that should be made to update for today's market.
I have used Success Factors, Cornerstone and researched 6 other companies when we were looking at Ascentis. At the time, Ascentis seemed to have good customer service.
It depends on which part of the system you are working with. The initial support team does not always read what you send them and responds without even knowing the whole picture. The Performance and Learning side appear to understand the system very well.
Do you think Ascentis delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Ascentis's feature set?
Did Ascentis live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Ascentis go as expected?
Would you buy Ascentis again?
Upgrades needed to the system, lack of a good ATS, onboarding platform and full mobile suite.
Ascentis has most of the platforms we need; however, it operates as two systems and not one which require two sets of security updates. I would recommend it for a smaller company transitioning from a paper product to automation. I would not recommend it for a company who is a super user.