Overall Satisfaction with Asigra
Asigra - What can I say. After dealing with enterprise software products for 20 yrs, working with Asigra is a breath of fresh air. To have an offering that has full scale enterprise functionality that can also be used and afforded by SMB customers is a real pleasure. Most enterprise applications get lost in complex modules, pricing structures, hidden costs etc., as the years move on. This has not happened with Asigra, it's kept to it's agile fighting weight and focused on doing what it does best and doing it well. OK - There are some areas like the GUI that could be more intuitive than menu based or not having a mobile app dashboard so you are always aware. However these are cosmetic points and I'm sure will be addressed in future version releases.
- Pricing Model - Pay for what you recover. Need I say more...
- Agentless - Non invasive, secure and efficient way to gather this data
- Cloud / SaaS - Allows customers to protect their data from application in the cloud, ie Google apps, Office 365, Salesforce, AWS or Azure.
- 30 years of constant development and innovation while still having the agility of a statup.
- Has some of the strongest dedupe and compression alogrithms in the industry
- Powerful tool set
- Intuitive GUI - Cosmetic
- Phone App based dashboard / management console - Nice to have
- Lite version for SOHO / small smb customers
- Speed of recovery
- Simplicity of recovery
- Like all recovery solutions, they are only as good as your backup policy and specifically your procedures
- Having a single backup solution vs multiple solutions and managing backup/recovery policies in line with RTO and RPO plans.
- Awareness of future backup needs, e.g. VMs, P/V Server backup, Smartphones, tablets, laptops.
- How to reduce backup/recovery costs as storage needs increase. i.e. only pay for what you recover.
- What's your risk management and mitigation process.