Asigra Backup Solution
October 17, 2019
Asigra Backup Solution
Chief Information Technology Officer
Drummond Community BankFinancial Services, 201-500 employees
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Asigra
We are currently using Asigra as our main solution to provide system backups and restores. This server side application is extremely important to our environment due to handling all of our virtual machines and physical server backups. It's a reliable and efficient tool for this purpose.
- Cloud backup - fast and reliable data backups
- Data recovery platform - easy to operate when data needs to be restored.
- Operability - the system is easy to use and effective even over slow or higher latency connections.
- The interface is outdated and could be more intuitive. Work is needed to make it easier to set up when loading and setting up operations.
- Event logs need some work. The errors in the log sometimes are not very descriptive. This can cause delays when trying to determine what the actual failure is.
- Earlier versions did not have the ability to take snapshots but this was resolved on newer versions.
- One of the positive impacts is that the solution allows us to free up IT resources to focus on other tasks.
- Asigra has one of the best channel partner programs I have come across.
- This product is one of the few backup solutions that I've worked with that doesn't require an agent installed on the target device, making it easier to deploy to new devices.
Overall support can be a little bit better. Application logs sometimes are hard to read based on the description on the error generated. This could be enhanced for the future.
Do you think Asigra delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Asigra's feature set?
Did Asigra live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of Asigra go as expected?
I wasn't involved with the implementation phase
Would you buy Asigra again?
Asigra does a great job at automating efficient backup jobs. We can schedule and automate the backup process, thus reducing the need for manual intervention and freeing up IT resources that allows them to work on other IT projects and activities. The Asigra process is extremely efficient. Its appropriate for any size business.