Axure Fan Club
May 26, 2016
Axure Fan Club
Score 7 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Axure
We use Axure for wireframing concepts and creating user experience solutions within the design team. Axure is great because we can share the link amongst the entire team for everyone to review. It's also great for replicating real scenarios and websites without having to know code. I also like that teammates can add annotations to the wireframes. When you hit "Preview" a true to life picture of what you create appears with those annotations listed for the entire document. It's great for conveying usability, ideas and concepts to large teams!
- Group projects allow your entire team to contribute to a wireframe without losing changes made by other teammates. You can instantly update and publish changes for a group.
- Notes allows teammates to annotate or comment on what you created. Hitting preview allows you to see a site map along with group comments/notes for the wireframe.
- Axure replicates real websites very well. You don't have to know how to code, but you can create complex components and interactions to make your demo look and feel like a finished product.
- Dynamic panels can get very complicated when you're creating panels within panels. Axure should provide a better way to see and organize those panels so you don't get lost in the structure of the wireframe.
- Some of the interactions that you can create are complicated. I feel there needs to be templates that users can drag into the space to reuse over and over. For example - a photo carousel template where all you need to do is select the style of the carousel from a template menu and drop in your own photos.
- We have saved a lot of time and money by testing out ideas with real users prior to committing and developing the real product. We are able to find weak points and room for improvements with our product concepts up front. By catching these ahead of time, we are able to cut our development lifecycle and build better products.
- Marvel and InVision
InVision and Marvel are hotspot-based applications, so you are limited to the types of interactions that you can create. You can create any interaction in Axure by building it yourself with a combination of adding cases to dynamic panels with clauses. Learning how to do a clause in Axure is worth it simply because you can go deeper on functionality and make your prototype seem like a finished product.
Axure is well suited for creating and demoing prototypes to large groups. It's very easy to share prototypes using the unique link generated while publishing a file. Axure is great for replicating real-like websites and apps due to the deep level of interactions that it can create.