We tried Axure RP in our Marketing department. The goal was to find a tool that we could design and prototype digital experiences, collect feedback, and deliver a head start for development with exported code. Axure has been the industry standard for over a decade, so we decided to give it a whirl.
- Robust prototyping. It will do anything; the more complex the better.
- Extensive training and a very active online community for asking questions... and we had quite a few.
- Being able to add notes on the design BEFORE the review process is a nice touch.
- No plugin support to speak of (not a dealbreaker).
- Looking forward to the visual interface changes in version 9. The current UI is quite clunky and outdated.
If you are doing intricate prototypes with live data and extensive functionality, this is the software of choice by far. If all you need is something to visually show a concept to stakeholders and collect feedback, there are many other options that are easier to learn and use. It all depends on what you plan to accomplish.