Great All in One Software
Updated April 20, 2021
Great All in One Software
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with BambooHR
BambooHR is used across our organization for onboarding, as well as facilitating employee records, reviews, time-off management, document management, pay stubs, and payroll processing.
- All in one platform for HR, Payroll and Timekeeping.
- High employee engagement due to ease of use.
- We used ADP previously. However, it was too large of a company that did not offer an account manager or representative; therefore, when issues arose, it was challenging to process payroll and reports as only a general help/call center was available.
- ADP also had difficulties with setting up Pastoral Wage/Salary vs. Housing allowances, and because we are a church, that was a significant issue. The HR side was also not nearly as user or mobile-friendly.
Do you think BambooHR delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with BambooHR's feature set?
Did BambooHR live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of BambooHR go as expected?
Would you buy BambooHR again?
- Bamboo HR is great for mid-sized companies who want to eliminate paper and utilize electronic document management, handbook roll-outs, tax forms, etc. Also great for performance reviews, and peer feedback with customizable questions and data analysis. Onboarding is a great user experience and allows HR administrative staff to complete almost all necessary documentation without requiring direct meetings with the new hire.
- As the Payroll Processing feature is an add on there are some issues with the intuitiveness of payroll processing; therefore, it still requires a fairly manual overview. Also, there are account reps that have to push the payroll itself through after the company has submitted it. If there are changes in job classification, deductions, etc. what is updated on the bamboo HR side does not always cross over to the Payroll side, which is why a thorough review is required every payroll processing cycle.
BambooHR Feature Ratings
70 - Every employee within the organization utilizes Bamboo HR for onboarding, performance reviews, pay information, employee directories, forms, compliance-related documents, Handbooks etc. It is an especially critical tool for supervisors as many tasks are automated and also able to be built into a workflow. Confidential notes help to secure private information only a supervisor and HR administrator should be able to see which is additionally very helpful. There is also a structure for building out specific goals and mile markers between supervisors and employees in which progress is able to be measured, we've found this very helpful for both goal and strategic development alignment and accountability.
2 - One HR director and one HR support staff. These individuals are both fully trained on the administrative side of Bamboo HR and can perform all duties and functions within the platform. This includes employee setup, form and workflow buildouts, payroll processing, hourly tracking data, onboarding, compliance documents, and performance reviews. These individuals also train all staff in regard to utilizing the program.
- User Friendly
- Clean User and Admin Interface
- Automated Processes
- All in one solution for both HR and Payroll
- Creating Workflow approvals for Finance and Budgetary areas
- Management of School attendees separate from Staff
- Survey Analytics
- Staff Hub for important news | features
- Contactless onboarding
- Paper Reduction due to more electronic form automation
We have tried other software in the last year and have not found it to be comparable to Bamboo HR especially in relation to the HR functionalities such as workflows, onboarding, automation, user-friendly experience, innovation, timekeeping, and ability to integrate with other 3rd party Payroll processing software. In addition, the employee ease of access and navigation of the platform makes this software crucial within our current culture of multi-site and remote work environments.
- We had had an overall good experience; however, when there have been a handful of times when errors occurred in reports after payroll processing, and it has sometimes been difficult to get responses from support promptly.
- We had a significant issue with 1099 processing as there was a printing error on Bamboo's side; however, despite our reaching out to check the status, the rep communicated a timeline that was not met. We were not contacted until the day before the IRS deadline that our 1099's were not printed and would not be processed in time. This specific situation has caused us to prepare our 1099's in the future either internally or through another party.