Overall Satisfaction with Basecamp
Basecamp has been the de facto project management tool for our company, internally and externally. We use it for all our internal project management but also as a communication and project management tool for our clients. For each client project we set up a different project and handle all related tasks and communication through Basecamp.
- Communication between company and client. All messages are addressed to the right members of both teams and the communication is never lost.
- Easy task management. A simple approach to task management always looks and works much better than complex tools. Each tasked is assigned to the right person and all communication for the task is right under the task.
- File management, related to each task or message. Each message has it's own files attached to it and it's easy to find anything you want based on popular categories. A life-saver!
- The lack of customizations on the tool itself. Only a few features to alter.
- Time tracking is not that robust.
- Fast way of communication
- Transparency on communication because all the messages are public and available to everybody
- Easy way to handle task management
Basecamp is a tool that has a very mild learning curve. It can be used by anyone with limited knowledge of a project management tool because in essence it is more of a communication tool that helps you gather all communication in one place. For those that are using such a tool is a bit difficult because it is possible to send answers to messages through a normal email client - another plus for the system.