I Heart Bill.com!
April 03, 2015
I Heart Bill.com!
Score 10 out of 10
- Bill Payments
Overall Satisfaction with Bill.com
Our company is a virtual accounting/bookkeeping business, therefore Bill.com fits into our operational model perfectly. We use this for most of our clients to help manage their accounts payable and accounts receivable, although I personally have not used the accounts receivable module. This addresses such business problems such as not being in a physical office with our clients. It makes it so easy for the client to send the bills to Bill.com themselves, or send them to us and we import them into Bill.com, and also provides visibility to their bills no matter where they are.
- Having all of the bills and bill payment history available online makes it so much easier for our clients, and ourselves as well. It takes away that need to be in one physical location where the bills are kept, or where there is one computer with the software on it that keeps all of the bills/bill payment information.
- Importing bills into Bill.com is a breeze - I love the drag and drop feature! Bill.com makes it so easy to get the bills loaded and paid. My clients can also e-mail the bills to Bill.com themselves, or have me do it, and I really like how you can opt to have the e-mail as a page as well, in case you want to attach it to the bill as back-up.
- Bill.com's chat feature for their support is another fantastic feature. I highly recommend my clients use it if they ever need any help. Bill.com support employees are always friendly, the wait is never very long at all (1-2 minutes is normal), and they are extremely knowledgeable with not only their product, but making sure your books are being affected properly as well.
- The zoom feature on the bills will zoom in, however the view is still blurry. It would be nice to be able to increase it so I could read it, but not lose visibility.
- When e-mails that have links, not attachments, for bills are forwarded to Bill.com, the e-mail is turned into a text document. It would be nice to have the link stay there so I could just click on it from Bill.com to see the bill copy, rather than opening from my e-mail, saving the document to my Desktop, and importing it into Bill.com.
- Bill.com has increased employee efficiency overall. It's just easier to use, faster, and takes less time to enter the bills than it would processing bills the "old school" way! This leads to lower costs since there is less time spent, and our clients' bills are smaller due to the lower amount of hours billed.
- The processing fees through Bill.com are preferred by all of my clients, versus the fees associated with making payments through their bank, especially electronic payments. I love how the lower cost of the ePayment feature entices clients to use that function, since electronic payments are better for all involved (payer and payee).
The only situation I have run into where Bill.com is less appropriate would be for the clients that only have a couple of recurring bills they pay a month, in which they could just set up auto-payments with their vendors to make the payments. Other than that, I cannot imagine Bill.com not working for anyone. I have one client who processes about 100 bills per week through Bill.com and this has helped us greatly with organizing their payables!