Birst - 9 years after we met
Updated January 08, 2019
Birst - 9 years after we met
Score 7 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Birst
Birst has been used across the organization (SCM & Operations teams ) as well as embedded in SFDC (by Sales team) and exposed as a portal to our partners. We have built different dashboards and alerts that help us with managing our SC business as well as provide order and shipment information to our sales team and partners.
- Data/data source import (from different sources DBs, txt and xls files, ....) and setup is very easy and fast
- Very good Dashboard performances (Dashboards/Dashlets built in Visualizer and Dashboards 2.0 )
- Powerful data preparation tools
- More stable new releases
- All modules related to data upload and processing need to be improved to better support more frequent uploads and data processing
- Prompts creation and maintenance need to be more user-friendly and provide performance improvements
- Admin module needs improvements in performances as well as data source/catalog maintenance area
- Speed and agility
- Ability to meet corporate data standards such as scale and security
- Decreased deployment time and risk
- Ability to do ad-hoc analysis and scheduled reports
- Increased adoption, usage and self-service
We achieved most of these outcomes. The only two areas that still need improvements are scalability and data processing performances.
Connects to different data sources - DBs, txt files, Excel files, provides connectors for SFDC and other SaaS apps as well as Live Access. It supports data aggregation and handles data complexity and refinement very well. We would like to see some improvements in data upload performances.
Birst Feature Ratings
Additional Questions on Birst Capabilities
We have been using Birst for 10 years .We like a lot of things it offers but especially the ability to create new data sources and build reports/dashboard on top of that data very fast and relatively easy. What we dislike is a way how some of new features/modules have been designed and developed and lack of consistent focus on product stability. Since Birst became part of Infor, a lot of things changed for the worse (product reliability, tech support,...) We hope that this is just a phase that will be over soon.
Building and delivering BI content using Birst is more efficient than other BI tools.
We use very large number of different sources and data formats and a common semantic layer allows us to set and combine all these sources very easily.
Birst is trying to track market requirements and has been introducing new tools and functionalities especially in last 5 years. The problem is that in order to get them available on a market as soon as possible, some of them new tools/functionalities either lack some of important features or are not properly tested and sometimes cause more harm than benefits.
There are just 2-3 people that work for Birst TS that you can get help from and they are very busy supporting all customers so it is very hard to get in touch with them (ticket assigned to one of them) The rest of the team either do not have good knowledge of the product or have no idea about customer's needs so most of the time issues stay opened or unsolved for months or even longer.
Problems left unsolved
Not kept informed
Need to explain problems multiple times
Slow Initial Response