November 20, 2020
Score 8 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with BlackLine
BlackLine is currently being used by our Accounting and our Cashiering & Treasury Services departments. It addresses the manual labor involved in our reconciliations (daily and monthly), that we would otherwise be utilizing Excel spreadsheets to try and complete. Transaction Matching is the module used to help ease this burden, as well as Account Reconciliations. We intend to also utilize Daily Reconciliations for our daily recons that we do in the Cashiering & Treasuries Department.
- Transaction matching: what took entire days to accomplish now happens in minutes.
- Task management: more visibility and accountability of the tasks needed to be done each day, month, etc.
- Account reconciliations.
- I personally don't know how it would be done, but I still think Transaction Matching could be improved. Either by allowing more data sources to be able to be included in a match set (it is limited to three right now). And also potentially by allowing two sources to match on one area, but then allowing one of those previous sources to match to a third data source on a different area of comparison (and still have all three recognized as a match).
- Account reconciliations have been started and that department is in love with the process and how much easier their recons are to do.
- Daily recons have not been implemented yet, but we are working on it.
Do you think BlackLine delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with BlackLine's feature set?
Did BlackLine live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of BlackLine go as expected?
Would you buy BlackLine again?
Once the system is set up, the end-user should have a pretty easy time using the system. It's the setup process that is sometimes difficult, because this requires you to dig in deeper to your data than maybe you originally thought was necessary. (This isn't a bad thing, it's just how it is.) But once set up and working properly by the implementation team, the end-users should find the new method for reconciling and transaction matching much easier and much less time-consuming than it used to be.
We have an excellent success management support person from BlackLine who continues to help us with the systems setup, and also helps us with ideas for moving forward in other areas, such as daily reconciliations that we hope to use.
Transaction Matching module is amazing. What recons would normally take us entire day to do, now take minutes. Even though match sets only allow for three data sources, and we have recons that use more than three, I pull a report of what has matched from BlackLine, reupload it, and then run another match set that covers all the areas I need it to.