Overall Satisfaction with BlackLine
We use Blackine as part of the month-end balance sheet reconciliation process. It has provided our organization with the visibility and a unified process adopted by everyone in our department. Blackline enables a more efficient and timely manner in which reconciliations can be submitted and is really helpful in the self-management of outstanding items to complete. I also find the fact you can go and check any REC completed by me since it has been implemented which has allowed me to quickly investigate items that may have arisen in the past. It is very helpful you can add attachments and comments and carry them forward which saves a lot of time MoM. I particularly enjoy the amortization tools that can be optimized to run schedules every month and how easy it is to reconcile for different currencies, particularly for EMEA-based entities.
- Improves performance on month-end related reconciliations.
- A unified platform that is optimized across the Finance org providing visibility and provides a paperless and improved reconciliation process.
- Great for transparency and visibility across the team
- User-friendly interface that is easy to utilize
- Would prefer a slightly more modern-looking interface with the possibility for a dark mode.
- Wishing I didn't have to de-certify in order to provide an additional supporting item for previously submitted reconciliations.
- Visibility across the Finance organization
- Easy tool to track action items that come up post month-end
- Easy to use platform
- Templates for reconciliations are very useful and improve timeliness on completion
- Improved time productivity that has really enabled us to spend more time on other tasks other than month-end reconciliation
- Has provided a single platform that has streamlined the process across the whole departments
- Provides helpful tools that make reconciliation easy to follow and understand for any reviewer
I haven't used similar products in the past, our reconciliations used to be prepared internally in Excel.
Do you think BlackLine delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with BlackLine's feature set?
Did BlackLine live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of BlackLine go as expected?
I wasn't involved with the implementation phase
Would you buy BlackLine again?
Really helpful when it comes to splitting responsibilities across my team. It is a single platform that stores a great volume of data and is easily accessible in case you need to check completed tasks from previous years and is very helpful when providing auditors with requested information in case it is difficult to recall instances from previous financial years. Great for reconciling accounts that have multi-currency entries and helps keep track of items that need further investigation/require adjustments.