Overall Satisfaction with BMC FootPrints
It addresses workflows, tracking of inventory, help desk tickets and patching.
- The ability to take control of a users workstation from the BMC portal
- Vast amounts for functionality
- The ability to drill into a user's workstation and look at inventory
- Help desk tickets, and automated updates through email is very well executed
- Streamline the interface, so you can do things from multiple locations, and the "tree" structure can be overwhelming.
- Create more Wizards in a central location, to walk through users to execute their task.
- When properly implemented, "BMC Footprints" can lead to "employee efficiency and better customer service"
- It is a large and overwhelming tool, if the users are not trained properly and use it throughout their daily tasks.
- Help Desk module is definitely well built and easy to work with
BMC offers vast functionality, that also can be overwhelming. If proper training and execution of its bolts and parts are completed properly, this tool can provide the efficiency and tracking that a Enterprise Business requires.
Initial investment and functionality.
You need to have a team/department that is willing to work through the software and train the personnel to always work through this system. Otherwise it is too large and complex and your support staff will never feel comfortable working with it unless it is their primary tool.