BrightEdge was used by our department as resource to track progress of SEO / keyword impact, to find opportunities, and to use in reporting. Using this tool allowed us to easily communicate with clients, showing them the results we were providing through our online marketing initiatives. Looping BrightEdge into Google Analytics was also very helpful.
- Find opportunities from competitors
- Research new keywords to track and optimize for
- Pair keywords and pages for in-depth recommendations
- General recommendations a bit too broad
- Can be annoying when you try to add keywords and you run out of room in your account. You have to go back and delete. A simple swap would be more efficient
- Provide easy reports to show clients what impact we have on campaigns
- Increase employee efficiency where multiple people are working on the same client
- Find new opportunities to expand client business
- SEM rush
We used both, but used SEM Rush for smaller level clients and BrightEdge for enterprise level clients.
I no longer work for an agency and BrightEdge is too expensive to use outside of one.
BrightEdge is fairly easy to learn and implement, and the support staff is great.