BrightEdge Reviews

Do you work for this company?

TrustRadius Top Rated for 2019

Rex Camposagrado profile photo
We use BrightEdge's Data Cube almost 80% of the time for keyword research, checking organic ranking positions, competitive analysis, and keyword gap analysis. We also use Recommendations and Intent Signal Dashboards to find out what content to defend, or top opportunities to go after. It helps us with our content creation and also lets us know what we have to do to our evergreen content to get it to rank higher.
  • Keyword research is very good and Data Cube is very easy to use as compared to other SEO Enterprise tools.
  • Keyword gap analysis is very helpful to find out what keywords our competitors are using that we are not.
  • Monitoring organic rank positions is very easy with Data Cube.
  • The Content IQ doesn't catch all technical SEO issues as compared to other site audit or crawler tools.
  • The Content IQ score is very high, but when comparing to other SEO site audit tools they show lower scores because they are picking up more errors.
  • There are some bugs or suggestions that are not good in Recommendations.
If you are looking for an SEO tool for keyword research, monitoring organic ranking positions, competitive analysis, content topic recommendations, and keyword reporting, then BrightEdge is a very good tool. The Content IQ site audit could use some work. When letting a BrightEdge Customer Success Manager know about the differences that I was seeing, he said that there is no harm in using other tools to do site audits for comparison.
Read Rex Camposagrado's full review
Richard Peterson profile photo
BrightEdge is used by our digital marketing department to improve our SEO for all of our web sites. It has saved enormous amounts of time in improving our SERPS. Even our digital advertising agency that recently conducted an audit of our sites was very impressed with the depth of our web site improvements.
  • They send me weekly emails with recommended tasks that need to be completed.
  • I like the follow-up of the tasks I set to. I do not put off completing them.
  • I am impressed with my bi-weekly meetings with my client success director that teaches me how to use the software more effectively.
  • They could be more aggressive in asking me to do more. The more I do the better my results are.
  • They could do a better job of impressing how this is a daily or weekly task, not a one-and-done program.
  • Be better at telling people that you will see immediate measurable results if you work hard at it.
  • You need to be aggressive to get the best results.
BrightEdge is excellent at keeping track of multiple URLs and brands at the same time. Using the task trackers helps keep me on target.
Read Richard Peterson's full review
Michael Pulling profile photo
As part of a globally coordinated roll-out, our Digital Customer Experience team in Japan used BrightEdge to activate our SEO strategy, and to align it with the business directions as set by our global organization. Of course, SEO is not a localization process, but a custom strategic approach for each language and for each business.
  • Clear view of performance of keywords
  • Suggestions on how to improve, especially on-page actions
  • Excellent support and training from our local team (once we made contact with them)
  • SEO is complex, and the message of the BrightEdge tools is not always clear
  • New UI was introduced in late 2018, but the reasoning is not always clear.
  • Connections between lists, groups, etc could be more clear
Excellent for in depth, long term SEO process. Quick wins, quick starts, easy sharing of simple metrics is less easy.
There is a bit of a learning curve at the beginning, and this can lead to giving up on the tool, as many users are not dedicated SEO experts, or don't have the time to dedicate to the tool.
Read Michael Pulling's full review
BrightEdge is being used by the SEO team but fuels insights and recommendations used throughout a variety of teams within the organization. We use this tool for a variety of SEO and marketing needs; from basic keyword research, digging into consumer search insights, tracking competitors, even monitoring our products rankings within Amazon.
  • Datacube is super easy to use compared to other Enterprise SEO tools
  • Amazon search results and rankings- this is HUGE. This feature is a huge time saver for us and BE is the first SEO tool I've seen to have this feature!
  • Easy to create the customized dashboards and reports
  • Opportunity forecasting- this is an awesome tool to use when creating new content to tie to revenue goals
  • In addition to the tool itself, the BE teams and customer service are second to none!
  • This is an incredible, comprehensive SEO tool but the Site Audit feature could be improved upon from a technical SEO standpoint
BrightEdge is a perfect one stop shop SEO tool. Working in Enterprise SEO I find this is my ideal tool, but could see how this tool would also be great for a smaller company or small SEO team. The tool is great for advanced SEO's as well as beginners. Being a team of one in a very large company, I've benefited greatly from using BrightEdge - the time it's saved me and the success we've seen from using this tool has been incredible!
BrightEdge is being used by our digital marketing team. We use this service so that we can make search engine optimization (SEO) improvements to our corporate websites.
BrightEdge empowers our team by guiding us through SEO recommendations, which we can then implement without the need to pay a search agency/vendor a monthly retainer.
  • BrightEdge provides on-page SEO recommendations based on real search data from the search engines.
  • BrightEdge customer support and account management is great, responds quickly, and are super knowledgeable.
  • BrightEdge provides a ton of dashboards and custom reports that can really help show the value and ROI of SEO improvements.
  • The BrightEdge admin interface isn't super intuitive for new users and requires some hand-holding after the initial setup.
  • Some of the really cool reports can only be created by someone with deep knowledge of BrightEdge, so may require your account person's help.
  • BrightEdge is sold as a DIY SEO platform, but to really maximize value, I think you need to have a dedicated rep and ongoing support meetings to get the full value.
BrightEdge is well suited for organizations and teams that don't want to (or can't afford) the high costs associated with an ongoing engagement with a search agency/vendor. It provides SEO recommendations based on real search engine data, allows you to optimize your site and pages based on keywords you want to rank for, and also allows you to understand how your competitors rank for similar keywords (so you understand where the real opportunity is).
Shane Adair profile photo
We decided to bring our SEO management in-house after realizing we were paying agencies to basically do nothing. We spent a lot of money on SEO with no recommendations and changes happening. Now that we have brought it in-house it has been a huge undertaking for our small team, but it has given us a lot of insights in what could have been and should have been done previously. We have control over what is happening and are in it almost daily making changes and corrections to our site based on the recommendations we get from BrightEdge.
  • It helps us find items that we missed in our site build such as image alt text, H2 fixes, missing descriptions, etc. It is so easy to gloss over some of these items as there are just so many of them, BE brings these to the forefront and you can see them all the time and decide what items need to be corrected.
  • The BE team is outstanding! Our CSM is solid and is a HUGE help for us. We have consistent calls with them and they help us, non-SEO professionals, become more knowledgeable in what we are doing and has us thinking about future projects that we would never have thought of on our own. They are a integral piece of our team now.
  • The on-boarding process was amazing! The on-boarding specialist had our best interests at heart and was a huge help, they then handed us off to an equally knowledgeable and qualified Client Success Manager. Customer service at BE is top-notch.
  • I really can't comment here, because being a novice going into this I don't know what I don't know. So far everything has been great.
For us, this has been a huge improvement over agency help. We may have just had bad experiences with agencies, but we did have two of them that billed us for non-action, so my view is a little skewed. BE has allowed us to learn and make changes on the fly and we have seen our ranking increase in ways and areas we would never have thought of before. They are a great team to work with and have made SEO easier to understand and influence for me as I had no hands-on experience beforehand.
Read Shane Adair's full review
Justina Logozzo profile photo
SEO has recently taken on a huge role at my company and needing more insights in one place became a necessity. BrightEdge enables us to not only track SEO basics (search volume, keyword rankings, etc), but it also provides us with a competitive view that most other tools don't provide. This is primarily used by our SEO team, but our analytics team also uses it to build out reports.
  • You can track more than the standard SEO basics (search volume, keyword rankings, etc). One of my favorite features to track is user intent. Brightedge can assess the current SERP and give you an insight into what searchers are intending to do with that search. Other tools don't provide the intent.
  • Analytical displays are great. The graphs and charts provided are very easily to read and understand, but still display the data needed to show growth.
  • Keyword tracking is taken to the next level. Typically keyword tracking tools show the data, your current rank, and other general information. With BrightEdge, you get all of that plus keyword intent overtime and a benchmark of where your competitors are at.
  • The storybuilder feature isn't anything outstanding. I feel like I can get the same type of data and format from Google Data Studio.
  • I feel like the Hyperlocal feature is still very junior compared to other features. It provides you good insights, but you have to set all the data fields before you can get a picture as well as it doesn't really give you an idea of how you can improve.
  • The mobile SEO solution is a good concept, but it needs some tweaks to be better, especially when building out a mobile story builder. Some of the data isn't simple to read and the mobile keywords functions don't also account for voice searches.
Brightedge is definitely not the cheapest tool out there, so if you're looking into it, make sure you have the budget and are able you utilize all of the features. This does take some time to set up and pull the data, so this would be ideal for a team with a designated SEO professional to administer. This is great for companies looking to take their SEO to the next level, ideally companies who have an SEO strategy in place.
Read Justina Logozzo's full review
Mike Gillespie, profile photo
We use this to support our SEO efforts. BrightEdge helps us develop new business pitches.
  • Customer support is top-notch.
  • Data is compelling and powerful.
  • Pricing is high relative to other similar services. Although other platforms are not as robust, the price difference is substantial, calling into question the value of the investment.
  • The user interface is not as user-friendly as competitive platforms.
BrightEdge is well suited for larger clients with substantial SEO needs and large SEO budgets.

BrightEdge could do a better job and position itself for small and medium advertisers by offering more competitive pricing and a more user-friendly interface.
Read Mike Gillespie,'s full review
Carlos Spallarossa profile photo
BrightEdge is currently being used across our entire corporation in the US. We are utilizing the tool to gain insights on SEO for 36 brand websites.
  • The data cube feature in BrightEdge is the most powerful research feature I've ever used within any search platform. I am able to gain insights at the site, keyword and competitive level across various search indices. The best part of this feature is the keyword gap analysis that can be done against the competition.
  • The platform has very robust reporting capabilities. We are leveraging out of the box as well as customized dashboards.
  • The keyword and landing page tracking capabilities are extremely informative.
  • The insights feature mitigates the need for hours of research and analysis. It bubbles up the most important aspects of SEO for your website.
  • Opportunity forecasting is a great way to build a case for SEO investment as it gives a clear indication of the size of the prize.
  • The results area of data cube can definitely be better...the way the data is visualized is a little rough.
  • The insights feature can be better structured for teams that have multiple sites within the platform.
  • There is an updated keyword reporting feature that still needs work.
The platform covers a wide array of SEO KPI's extremely well. I am able to see keyword level data and SERP movement on a weekly basis. The system lets me know what keywords I moved onto page one as well as what I've lost page one visibility for. I am also able to see off page SEO metrics such as backlinks that I've gained as well as my competition.
Read Carlos Spallarossa's full review
Tyler Rodriquez profile photo
We currently use BrightEdge in our Marketing department to fulfill our SEO needs.
  • Very detailed.
  • Many different tools
  • Helps with the delegation process.
  • Many recommendations seem the same.
  • Reporting seems buggy at times.
Brightedge is perfect for those wanting to optimize their onsite SEO and development offsite strategies.
Read Tyler Rodriquez's full review
As the only SEO professional on a small team, I use BrightEdge to track our search visibility and core keywords, do keyword research, and scope out competitors. It provides a depth and breadth of search analytics, particularly around rankings, that I haven't been able to replicate with other tools. It helps us address the business problem of search visibility and site traffic, which in turn drives conversions and leads.
  • Their DataCube site and ranking analysis is the best in the business. I'd use BrightEdge for this feature alone. With this research tool, I can understand our keyword rankings profile across all keywords (beyond those tracked in our account), as well as those of competitors and partners.
  • Site Audit is also very strong, allowing us to get a deep understanding of technical errors on our site we need to correct. This was indispensable during a recent major site update.
  • The Customer Success Managers are helpful and knowledgeable.
  • The main weakness of the platform concerns off-page SEO. We use Majestic to supplement the kind of backlink tracking and reporting we want to do, functionality that is somewhat addressed within BrightEdge but not to the point where I could stop using Majestic.
  • The most recent updates to the platform seem to be concerned only with look and feel (which isn't necessarily a bad thing) but I'd like to see more in the way of new features added.
  • The recommendations engine is valuable, but I feel the suggestions are often too narrowly focused on exact match keywords, even though search engines continue to get smarter about which variations of keywords relate to which topics (e.g. latent semantic indexing). I'd like to see the recommendations engine get up to date with these changes.
I've used BrightEdge in my work as an "SEO team of one" at various SMBs, and the functionality suits that work, but I know that it is robust enough to handle enterprise level work and agency work. I feel it's well suited to teams where one or more people are meaningfully dedicating time to SEO or more broadly, digital marketing.

I have generally not recommended it to teams where there is no capacity whatsoever to do the real legwork of SEO: it's not enough to buy the tool and use it, you need to also be focused on creating valuable site content, building links, getting your technical house in order, etc. Implementing BrightEdge is not magically going to improve your rankings, there is real work to be done (partly using the tools BrightEdge offers) and teams need to be prepared for that.
BrightEdge has been used to improve all the search engine optimization and general content optimization across the marketing website. It also has been used to have a better internal link strategy. It was mostly chose and used by the marketing team.
  • SEO
  • Internal link
  • Customers Engagement
  • Competitor research
  • Digital Marketing
  • Pricing
  • General UX
I would recommend BrightEdge if there is a need for a deep SEO optimization, both technical and content, and if there is a need to review content constantly and with more than two people on your team.

I wouldn't recommended it if the marketing budget is lower than $30k/year or if you already have an SEO copywriter in house and web developers with extensive SEO experience.
BirghtEdge is used by our SEM department as well as our client account managers for hotels and resorts.
  • Reporting - seamless pull reports out of the system
  • Keyword Research
  • Recommendations for SEO / Content strategy
  • Expensive
  • Time Consuming
  • Lot of Products within the Suite
Great as an agency to use the tools and easily onboard new team members to get up to date on accounts. BrightEdge certifications are also helpful for team members to become more knowledgeable - takes a lot of time though.
We are a BrightEdge Certified Agency Partner and require all of our customers to either purchase their own instance of BrightEdge or join our Agency instance.

BrightEdge is used by every single Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Analyst subject matter experts at MKG Marketing.

The key business problems that BrightEdge allows us to address in our SEO practice include:
  1. Defeating the evil (not provided) monster
  2. Validating investment into specific keyword categories through keyword and page-level reporting
  3. Keyword research to identify new or "on the rise" keyword targets
  • Annotate Key Events: Using the 'tasks' feature you can create an annotation within BrightEdge when you make changes. This task will automatically run until complete and then, when you pull reporting later, will show you the week that the task was completed so you can say "THAT is what drove the gain/loss in performance"
  • Keyword Research and Tracking
  • Content Strategy: Specifically looking for rich SERP opportunities like universal video, universal image, answer box, etc. results.
  • Site Audit Report is too high level
  • ContentIQ is a little buggy and has room to grow
  • Agency accounts frequently get buggy when you have more than 10 separate domains in your master instance
BrightEdge is well suited for:
  1. Keyword research and strategy
  2. Content strategy
  3. Forecasting SEO gains within your target keyword groups
BrightEdge is less suited for:
  1. Intense, technical site audits
  2. Technical SEO activity of any kind on an ongoing basis
BrightEdge is used by our Marketing Team for SEO. We have been using BrightEdge for almost a year. Our main goal is for BrightEdge is to help us optimize our webpages for Google search in order to increase our rankings, be found more often by potential customers and drive more visitors to our website.
  • BrightEdge does a good job with reporting.
  • It is fairly easy to create Dashboards that can be customized for what you want to see.
  • One of the newer features of BrightEdge, called Insights, can be helpful if you just have a few minutes to spend in the platform and want to find a couple of quick revisions that you can make on your website.
  • The set up / implementation was rushed and, in our case, not completed correctly, which caused many issues down the road.
  • Once you make changes to website based on the Recommendations in BrightEdge and wait for the weekly crawl, the Recommendations, many times, don't fall off of your queue, so you waste a lot of time researching things that were already completed.
  • If you want to change a large number of preferred landing pages around after the initial set up, it's a very manual process.
If you are just looking for a neat reporting platform, BrightEdge is great. We didn't find it incredibly helpful for page optimization, as a lot of the Recommendations that the platform supplied don't make sense on our pages. In addition, once you read through the Recommendations for a couple keywords, they are the same every time, so you don't really need the platform to tell you to put the keyword certain places.
BrightEdge is being used only at the Marketing Department and we use it so we can get deeper insights on our SEO efforts. It helps us identify some errors we would not have the time to pinpoint in specific pages or group of pages and at the same time, BrightEdge gives us recommendations on what keywords to use for certain pages.
  • Datacube is really great, helps you see the performance of some keywords and pick the right ones for specific pages on your site
  • Finding errors in the site in pages you might not see every day that can help you capitalize on SEO
  • Find keywords and topics to create more content for your SEO efforts
  • Showing Keywords that move to page 1 on Google with alerts; shows you when your work is paying off
  • The setup process can be very confusing and long
  • There is much to do when setting up your website; it takes too long and some steps feel unnecessary sometimes
  • Even though the Datacube is very useful sometimes, its information might not be 100% accurate; for some keywords, it showed that competition was low when clearly the competition with high-volume keywords that are not long-tailed are usually very difficult to go for
  • BrightEdge was picking up pages and showing errors as duplicate content that we went to corroborate with Google's Search Console and there was no duplicate content showing.
BrightEdge can be very useful when you need to clean up your site and find some more content for Search Engine Optimization. It is also really good for when you want to show your managers, directors, and or CMOs your success with SEO; it helps you see the keywords that move to page one in Google and also if certain pages are getting more visits.
Jane Phelps profile photo
BrightEdge is our main SEO tool that we use to manage all of our clients. We use it daily to manage keywords, competitors, analyze reporting, look for website technical issues, and use their recommendation system to provide tasks to other employees. We also use their content building module.
  • BrightEdge has a great insights dashboard that quickly tells you what is most important to know and act on.
  • The DataCube with BrightEdge is a fantastic tool that allows us to see what our competition is doing and glean for new keywords.
  • Share of voice shows how we are competing with our current competitors and also if there are any new ones that we should be watching.
  • There is so much information available within BrightEdge that it was hard to determine what to prioritize and tackle first. That was an issue, but now that Insights has been launched, it is no longer a problem.
This platform is for larger companies that want to track a lot of keywords and really use the tool. This is not for smaller companies, as the entry cost is too high.
Read Jane Phelps's full review
Eugene Feygin profile photo
At Quill.com we utilize the BrightEdge platform within our SEO team as well as across the entire organization. From the merchants that are looking to on-board new vendors (use DataCube) to even the content team to figure out what kind of content we should be creating. We use the platform pretty often and love that it has a lot of amazing features like alerts (send us email reports every day on how our KW are performing) to content IQ and many others! This platform also offers us insight into how our competitors are doing so that we can plan accordingly to ensure we are staying ahead.
  • Search console data storage - As most know - Google only offers 90 days of console data but with BrightEdge I am able to store for a lot longer and go back to look at the data for understanding trends.
  • I can track revenue/visits on a page level while at the same time I can pull up that same page in DataCube and look at how many keywords it's ranking for.
  • Page speed - Can't live without it! Content IQ offers us fantastic insight into how our sight is performing while at the same time the feature is very customizable!
  • DataCube - This is an amazing feature of the platform! I can look up any competitor to see how their pages are ranking. I can also look to see how many quick answers I have as well as my competitors. I can even use this to look for patterns, themes and ideas for developing content.
  • Anomalies - This is a feature that gives me a daily alert on how certain keyword groups are doing on an aggregate level. When you are tracking thousands of - it's sometimes best to get a high level overview of what is going on. Usually I'll get a report saying something like you have 150 KW moved to page one and 20 moved down. Something like this.
  • StoryBuilder - We use this feature to create stories for leadership and often even internally to get a general picture of how things are performing. We often integrate DataCube, search console data and much more. Really helps us sell what we are doing.
  • I think there is still room for growth in the UX department. This tool is pretty intuitive but there are some scenarios that can be a bit complicated like story builder.
  • When you specify a page for a keyword - and that page say after some time redirects or changes - the platform does not recognize that. I hope this will be addressed soon.
This platform is suited for most organizations. The fact you can see how your SEO is actually doing, which pages are bringing in revenue and on what keywords people are coming in - coupled with competitive analysis - makes it the platform every SEO will want. I think it's perfect for in-house SEOs as well as some agencies.
Read Eugene Feygin's full review
Spencer Baselice profile photo
Our organization uses BrightEdge to track, monitor and improve rankings in Google for a range of high priority search terms across multiple business franchises. Each department uses it to track and maintain their SEO campaigns, additionally to report on progress to leadership, and to find new opportunities to improve SEO. The product has an easy-to-use interface, is constantly improving and meeting the changing needs of SEOs and marketing managers. The Data Cube is extremely useful in tracking competitors and finding ways to improve our own pages.
  • Data Cube gives you insights into competitors and their penetration or coverage in areas of search that the business wants to be more competitive on. It is easy to use and has a broad range of search terms that is sizable enough amount to be representative for almost all uses.
  • Tracking and monitoring changes in rankings for groups of keywords that your organization is interested in tracking.
  • Reporting to leadership to show progress on SEO campaigns and ROI.
  • Finding new opportunities to improve rankings, low hanging fruit, and terms to defend.
  • Flexible dashboard reporting businesses can tailor to their own needs.
  • Better or more accurate search volume data, currently only uses Google Adwords data.
  • Larger exports for keywords from the Data Cubes, this is currently limited and not always ideal for larger-scale applications or the data.
  • Better support for handling multiple domains and their ranks, i.e. finding the best rank between two domains that are not competitors.
  • More robust site auditing.
BrightEdge is very suited to reporting on your SEO campaigns. It furnishes excellent trended reports that tell accurate stories of your presence in Google SERPs and overall organic search presences. It can also give detailed recommendations to targeted pages and keywords that can use improvement and/or are easy wins. It's also strong in terms of competitive analysis with insights into your competitors' ranks. It is not as suited for technical analysis nor does it really give you a platform for launching extremely large scale SEO campaigns. It can also improve on site audits with the ability to do some of the things that other auditing tools can do.
Read Spencer Baselice's full review
Billy Barker profile photo
BrightEdge is used by our marketing team - primarily by our content creators and web admin. BrightEdge allows us to see a variety of metrics based on search engine keywords, that we rank for, could rank for, and what our competitors rank for. We also use BrightEdge to identify keywords or topics to create new content around on our website - mostly for Blogs.
  • Account management. We have regularly scheduled calls for our account management team to go over our account, strategy, and anything else we need help with.
  • BrightEdge gives you recommendations for each preferred page in order to ensure you are doing everything you can to rank well for the targeted keyword/s on a given page.
  • You can easily track all keywords you focus on and see how you rank on Google, any rank change, trends, etc.
  • Integration/automation with your website. It would be great if BrightEdge could automatically pull in new URLs from our website instead of us having to manually add them for each new piece of content we create.
  • I wish our account stats updated more frequently than once a week. Sometimes it's fine, but sometimes you create a new keyword group and have to wait a week to see the details. A nice option would be a week by default, but with the option to force live data when needed.
  • Sometimes certain options seem hidden in the UI. For example, after a year of using the product I just realized there was a section that was actually a drop-down. To BrightEdges credit, it does have a drop-down icon, but I think the placement is in an area that I overlook. Maybe stylizing all options on a page would help, instead of having different looking options in different areas of the page.
I think BrightEdge is perfect for larger businesses that have a dedicated team focused on content creation and SEO. There are a lot of tools and I feel that someone just looking for basic SEO data would be overwhelmed and likely to not use the product. Furthermore, most SEO data can be found for free - what makes BrightEdge successful for us is having a team dedicated that helps us to be successful with their product. If we were left to use the product on our own, we more than likely would stop using it.
Read Billy Barker's full review
Heather Burford profile photo
We have a small marketing department, so at most, 2 people in the organization use this resource. This platform tracks page ranking for high traffic keywords, provides suggestions for page improvements and has a nice dashboard to track it all. Knowing that organic search is a long-term game, we started seeing result months earlier than anticipated. You can very easily see what the competition is doing, how they rank, and what they are doing to get on page 1.
  • Provides on page recommendations to help improve keyword rank.
  • Suggests other keywords to build content around.
  • Tracks tasks, keyword rank, page 1, striking distance, competitors.
  • Correlate changes in rank to various Google algorithm updates.
This platform is so much more transparent than working with agencies for SEO. We spend less than we did with an agency and we are able to make the changes recommended and see a direct benefit with ranking.
Read Heather Burford's full review
Lara Ortiz profile photo
We use BrightEdge to audit our clients' search performance, identify opportunities and develop strategies to improve that performance, and to execute tactical changes as part of supporting those strategies.
  • Keyword opportunity analysis
  • Competitive analysis
  • Recommendations & task management
  • Quick Google Search Console and Analytics integration.
  • Filter states not always remembered when making changes to keyword lists. Pages reload and you often have to re-filter.
  • Pricing is relatively opaque. No published price point/features list, but at the enterprise level I understand how custom things can be.
  • Adobe Analytics integration can take some time to put in place, so plan ahead.
This is an enterprise tool. While the easy, straightforward practical recommendations are one of my favorite features in BrightEdge, to get the most out of this platform you really do need a solid understanding of how content and search ranking interrelate. Search engines change on a regular basis so the goalposts are always moving, and at this price point, you need to be focused on regular analysis, content investment and continuous tweaks and optimization to make it a worthwhile investment.
Read Lara Ortiz's full review
Mariam Naghshineh profile photo
Every SEO customer is provisioned with its own BrightEdge account. The SEO team then uses the platform for:
  • Monthly Reporting
  • Competitor Recommendations
  • Backlink Strategies
  • Tracking Changes & Effects
Currently only the SEO team has access to the platform. We are investigating potential use cases for RFPs and prospecting.
  • Share of Voice Analysis: We really love this feature. It gives us an opportunity to provide customers with insight to their TRUE Organic competition. More often than not, the Organic competitors are quite different from what the customer originally thought. This supports our effort to show Subject Matter Expertise on a regular basis.
  • BackLink Opportunities: This feature really tailors our link building strategy. It allows us to quickly download the gap between our customer & its competition, which provides a 'road map' for link building team. Once the gap has been closed, we re-run the opportunities and move forward with the new plan.
  • Trended Charts: In general, the trended charts are a huge advantage that BrightEdge has over other SEO platforms. I've never come across another tool or company that can provide the same level of data, over time, consistently. As SEO changes and fluctuates, these trended charts become vital to our reporting and investigations, especially when new algorithms are pushed out by Google.
  • Local Search Engines: These are created based on demand, and therefore are not always available for cities or even states that our customers are located in. When these situations arise, we've been told to submit a request. However, we rarely see follow through. This makes it very difficult to provide all customers the same level of insight and reporting.
  • Dashboards vs. Accounts selection/dropdown: These two drop-downs or selections are entirely separate. If a user selects dashboard A, and wants to then click through to the Opportunities tab, they must select Account A. It would be much more user-friendly to have them connected in some way.
  • Oftentimes we want to analyze a chart and create Custom Content that provides more insight for the customer. For instance, when viewing the Share of Voice Analysis, we want to recommend a change in competitors. There is no way to view the SOV tab, while also typing into the dashboard chart. This means that we must open a word or text file to enter the content, then copy/paste it into the dashboard.
My company is not the normal BrightEdge customer. We have 150+ SMBs that each get their own account/dashboard, and each has a small budget (as low as $600). There was a period of learning/tweaking that was needed in order to determine the best way to use BrightEdge for each of these SMBs. I think that the BrightEdge platform is more friendly & useful for a single large company with a large budget, and even more so for one that has clear conversion factors (i.e. e-commerce).
Read Mariam Naghshineh's full review
Sharon Conner profile photo
We use BrightEdge to monitor and enhance our Search Marketing strategy. We use it to monitor keywords, pages, technical seo errors, and keep abreast of what our competitors are doing on the online space.
  • We love the competitor monitoring that BrightEdge provides. We like being able to keep an eye on what our competitors are doing.
  • We find the Site Audit tool to be extremely helpful as we recently redesigned all four of our websites.
  • Being able to track revenue and goals at page group level is very helpful.
  • Being able to track classic vs blended rank, as well as tablet and smartphone rank is very useful.
  • The continued addition of local engine ranking around the world is helpful for local SEOs.
  • Would like to see dashboards more customizable, especially for Enterprise level businesses with multiple brands.
  • Dashboards can be slow to load.
BrightEdge is well suited for mid-to large businesses.
Read Sharon Conner's full review
Jay Corcoran profile photo
We use it from an agency standpoint, who mainly focus on the hospitality industry. We use BrightEdge to augment our ongoing SEO efforts across many different client websites. As a tool we use it to mine for opportunities we have within the sites to add or remove certain keywords as well as seeing areas of opportunities to increase organic ranking wherever possible.
  • It provides insights as to how your optimization efforts stand up against competitor terms and shows you your "share of voice" as it is called within the program.
  • Provides a platform for anybody to go in and understand where there are opportunities for SEO improvement.
  • Some of our clients are older legacy clients and are still accustomed to receiving SERP reports, so it fills that need as well.
  • Sometimes the user interface has proven to be less than intuitive for some of our analysts, and has made them hesitant to fully adopt the program.
  • Some of the new product additions, like the integration with Google Webmaster Tools, was extremely difficult to implement, seeing that we had to try to do it for over 100 different websites.
  • Setting up dashboards and reports is time consuming initially, but is a nice feature once in place.
I think it is important to stress, as my company originally adopted BrightEdge strictly as a SERP reporting tool, that it really is a full on SEO management system with the capability to truly show areas of weakness and opportunities. It does require time to use the interface, and training is essential. Once a user is comfortable with it, the results are quickly measurable.
Read Jay Corcoran's full review

Keyword analysis (27)
Backlink management (22)
6.5
SERP ranking tracking (25)
Page grader (23)
Competitive analysis (27)
Site audit / diagnostics (25)
Site recommendations (27)
Task management (24)
Local SEO (18)
Social SEO (17)
Mobile SEO (23)
Global SEO (19)
Multi-domain support (19)
Integration with web analytics tools (25)

About BrightEdge

BrightEdge is an enterprise-level SEO (Search Engine Optimization) platform from the company of the same name in San Mateo, California. It includes customizable dashboards, reporting, forecasting, SEO recommendations, backlink management and competitive analysis. It covers local, global, mobile, social and content centric SEO.

Presently BrightEdge's platform supports the marketing efforts of many well-brands, like Nike, Microsoft, and Netflix.

BrightEdge Competitors