BrightEdge is an enterprise-level SEO (Search Engine Optimization) platform from the company of the same name in San Mateo, California. It includes customizable dashboards, reporting, forecasting, SEO recommendations, backlink management and competitive analysis. It covers local, global, mobile, social and content centric SEO. Presently BrightEdge's platform supports the marketing efforts of many well-brands, like Nike, Microsoft, and Netflix.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/jC/6n/5T3TUVSPLQ0B.JPEGBrightEdge has given us what we lacked from agencies - RESULTS.We decided to bring our SEO management in-house after realizing we were paying agencies to basically do nothing. We spent a lot of money on SEO with no recommendations and changes happening. Now that we have brought it in-house it has been a huge undertaking for our small team, but it has given us a lot of insights in what could have been and should have been done previously. We have control over what is happening and are in it almost daily making changes and corrections to our site based on the recommendations we get from BrightEdge.,It helps us find items that we missed in our site build such as image alt text, H2 fixes, missing descriptions, etc. It is so easy to gloss over some of these items as there are just so many of them, BE brings these to the forefront and you can see them all the time and decide what items need to be corrected. The BE team is outstanding! Our CSM is solid and is a HUGE help for us. We have consistent calls with them and they help us, non-SEO professionals, become more knowledgeable in what we are doing and has us thinking about future projects that we would never have thought of on our own. They are a integral piece of our team now. The on-boarding process was amazing! The on-boarding specialist had our best interests at heart and was a huge help, they then handed us off to an equally knowledgeable and qualified Client Success Manager. Customer service at BE is top-notch.,I really can't comment here, because being a novice going into this I don't know what I don't know. So far everything has been great.,10,We have only started with BE a few months ago and so I don't have any hard numbers from an ROI perspective, but i can say that what we spent on BE is a fraction of what we were spending with agencies and we are actually getting results by doing this ourselves. From that perspective we have seen a cost savings. With focused SEO campaigns and projects we have been able to move the needle on our SEO rankings for specific products and services. This is going to have a great impact for us in 2019 as we have some specific product goals and campaigns for 2019 that we have been working to build up over the last couple months of 2018.,,Marketo, Conversica, Uberflip,1,1,Overall site SEO. Specific product and services SEO. Money savings of handling SEO in-house agency help to do so.,I am not sure about unexpected or innovative, we have just been able to make some small changes and fixes that we didn't know we needed to do on our site. That was an eye-opener for me.,We are starting to get product and service specific with our SEO campaigns as well as regionally specific. These are big steps for us.,10,10,This is an easy question to answer - EVERY time I have had an interaction with their team it has been exceptional support. At times i wonder if we are just lucky, but if we are I will take the good luck. Their team has been second to none each and every time we have an interaction.,Seeing what the system recommends as changes. Seeing performance on the dashboard,Keep in mind, I was a novice at the day-to-day behind the scenes workings of SEO, so all of this was new to me. Understanding how all of it tied together at first seemed overwhelming. Setting up keyword groups and then refining them...again, it isn't hard, it just took me some time, luckily their CSM is amazing!,8BrightEdge Made Our SEO BetterSEO has recently taken on a huge role at my company and needing more insights in one place became a necessity. BrightEdge enables us to not only track SEO basics (search volume, keyword rankings, etc), but it also provides us with a competitive view that most other tools don't provide. This is primarily used by our SEO team, but our analytics team also uses it to build out reports.,You can track more than the standard SEO basics (search volume, keyword rankings, etc). One of my favorite features to track is user intent. Brightedge can assess the current SERP and give you an insight into what searchers are intending to do with that search. Other tools don't provide the intent. Analytical displays are great. The graphs and charts provided are very easily to read and understand, but still display the data needed to show growth. Keyword tracking is taken to the next level. Typically keyword tracking tools show the data, your current rank, and other general information. With BrightEdge, you get all of that plus keyword intent overtime and a benchmark of where your competitors are at.,The storybuilder feature isn't anything outstanding. I feel like I can get the same type of data and format from Google Data Studio. I feel like the Hyperlocal feature is still very junior compared to other features. It provides you good insights, but you have to set all the data fields before you can get a picture as well as it doesn't really give you an idea of how you can improve. The mobile SEO solution is a good concept, but it needs some tweaks to be better, especially when building out a mobile story builder. Some of the data isn't simple to read and the mobile keywords functions don't also account for voice searches.,7,Improved our SEO competitiveness. With the intent tool, we're able to refocus content marketing and keyword mapping faster than our competitors do. We're also able to find opportunities to surpass competitors. Since this tool provides a lot of insights and is costly, we have had to dedicate more time to utilizing it, which can cut into other projects. Correction of issues faster. While we haven't been able to quite prove ROI, we have been able to find issues (technical or with our SEO strategy) faster which prevents us from wasting time and efforts into something that doesn't work.,SEMRush, Moz and Google Data Studio,SEMRush, Moz, RavenTools, Google Data Studio, DashThisBrightEdge Review from the Front Lines of the Small Ad Agency World.We use this to support our SEO efforts. BrightEdge helps us develop new business pitches.,Customer support is top-notch. Data is compelling and powerful.,Pricing is high relative to other similar services. Although other platforms are not as robust, the price difference is substantial, calling into question the value of the investment. The user interface is not as user-friendly as competitive platforms.,9,ROI is yet to be proven. But the analysis available through BrightEdge has helped make powerful new business presentations.,BrightEdge, the #1 SEO SaaS platform!BrightEdge is currently being used across our entire corporation in the US. We are utilizing the tool to gain insights on SEO for 36 brand websites.,The data cube feature in BrightEdge is the most powerful research feature I've ever used within any search platform. I am able to gain insights at the site, keyword and competitive level across various search indices. The best part of this feature is the keyword gap analysis that can be done against the competition. The platform has very robust reporting capabilities. We are leveraging out of the box as well as customized dashboards. The keyword and landing page tracking capabilities are extremely informative. The insights feature mitigates the need for hours of research and analysis. It bubbles up the most important aspects of SEO for your website. Opportunity forecasting is a great way to build a case for SEO investment as it gives a clear indication of the size of the prize.,The results area of data cube can definitely be better...the way the data is visualized is a little rough. The insights feature can be better structured for teams that have multiple sites within the platform. There is an updated keyword reporting feature that still needs work.,10,With the insights we've gained from the platform we've been able to grow SEO traffic by 24% YoY. We've been able to grow SEO revenue by 16% YoY.,Searchmetrics Suite,Bazaarvoice Conversations, RichRelevance, Ahrefs Site ExplorerVery Informative SEO PlatformWe currently use BrightEdge in our Marketing department to fulfill our SEO needs.,Very detailed. Many different tools Helps with the delegation process.,Many recommendations seem the same. Reporting seems buggy at times.,10,We are able to see actionable results within the changes we have made via BrightEdge.,SpyFu
BrightEdge

BrightEdge Reviews

BrightEdge
Top Rated Award
Filter 101 vetted BrightEdge reviews and ratings

Shane Adair profile photo
January 15, 2019

Review: "BrightEdge has given us what we lacked from agencies - RESULTS."

• It helps us find items that we missed in our site build such as image alt text, H2 fixes, missing descriptions, etc. It is so easy to gloss over some of these items as there are just so many of them, BE brings these to the forefront and you can see them all the time and decide what items need to be corrected.
  • The BE team is outstanding! Our CSM is solid and is a HUGE help for us. We have consistent calls with them and they help us, non-SEO professionals, become more knowledgeable in what we are doing and has us thinking about future projects that we would never have thought of on our own. They are a integral piece of our team now.
  • The on-boarding process was amazing! The on-boarding specialist had our best interests at heart and was a huge help, they then handed us off to an equally knowledgeable and qualified Client Success Manager. Customer service at BE is top-notch.
  • I really can't comment here, because being a novice going into this I don't know what I don't know. So far everything has been great.
For us, this has been a huge improvement over agency help. We may have just had bad experiences with agencies, but we did have two of them that billed us for non-action, so my view is a little skewed. BE has allowed us to learn and make changes on the fly and we have seen our ranking increase in ways and areas we would never have thought of before. They are a great team to work with and have made SEO easier to understand and influence for me as I had no hands-on experience beforehand.
Read Shane Adair's full review
Justina Logozzo profile photo
January 14, 2019

User Review: "BrightEdge Made Our SEO Better"

• You can track more than the standard SEO basics (search volume, keyword rankings, etc). One of my favorite features to track is user intent. Brightedge can assess the current SERP and give you an insight into what searchers are intending to do with that search. Other tools don't provide the intent.
  • Analytical displays are great. The graphs and charts provided are very easily to read and understand, but still display the data needed to show growth.
  • Keyword tracking is taken to the next level. Typically keyword tracking tools show the data, your current rank, and other general information. With BrightEdge, you get all of that plus keyword intent overtime and a benchmark of where your competitors are at.
  • The storybuilder feature isn't anything outstanding. I feel like I can get the same type of data and format from Google Data Studio.
  • I feel like the Hyperlocal feature is still very junior compared to other features. It provides you good insights, but you have to set all the data fields before you can get a picture as well as it doesn't really give you an idea of how you can improve.
  • The mobile SEO solution is a good concept, but it needs some tweaks to be better, especially when building out a mobile story builder. Some of the data isn't simple to read and the mobile keywords functions don't also account for voice searches.
Brightedge is definitely not the cheapest tool out there, so if you're looking into it, make sure you have the budget and are able you utilize all of the features. This does take some time to set up and pull the data, so this would be ideal for a team with a designated SEO professional to administer. This is great for companies looking to take their SEO to the next level, ideally companies who have an SEO strategy in place.
Read Justina Logozzo's full review
Mike Gillespie, profile photo
January 04, 2019

"BrightEdge Review from the Front Lines of the Small Ad Agency World."

• Customer support is top-notch.
  • Data is compelling and powerful.
  • Pricing is high relative to other similar services. Although other platforms are not as robust, the price difference is substantial, calling into question the value of the investment.
  • The user interface is not as user-friendly as competitive platforms.
BrightEdge is well suited for larger clients with substantial SEO needs and large SEO budgets.

BrightEdge could do a better job and position itself for small and medium advertisers by offering more competitive pricing and a more user-friendly interface.
Read Mike Gillespie,'s full review
Carlos Spallarossa profile photo
January 04, 2019

User Review: "BrightEdge, the #1 SEO SaaS platform!"

• The data cube feature in BrightEdge is the most powerful research feature I've ever used within any search platform. I am able to gain insights at the site, keyword and competitive level across various search indices. The best part of this feature is the keyword gap analysis that can be done against the competition.
  • The platform has very robust reporting capabilities. We are leveraging out of the box as well as customized dashboards.
  • The keyword and landing page tracking capabilities are extremely informative.
  • The insights feature mitigates the need for hours of research and analysis. It bubbles up the most important aspects of SEO for your website.
  • Opportunity forecasting is a great way to build a case for SEO investment as it gives a clear indication of the size of the prize.
  • The results area of data cube can definitely be better...the way the data is visualized is a little rough.
  • The insights feature can be better structured for teams that have multiple sites within the platform.
  • There is an updated keyword reporting feature that still needs work.
The platform covers a wide array of SEO KPI's extremely well. I am able to see keyword level data and SERP movement on a weekly basis. The system lets me know what keywords I moved onto page one as well as what I've lost page one visibility for. I am also able to see off page SEO metrics such as backlinks that I've gained as well as my competition.
Read Carlos Spallarossa's full review
Tyler Rodriquez profile photo
January 04, 2019

BrightEdge Review: "Very Informative SEO Platform"

• Very detailed.
  • Many different tools
  • Helps with the delegation process.
  • Many recommendations seem the same.
  • Reporting seems buggy at times.
Brightedge is perfect for those wanting to optimize their onsite SEO and development offsite strategies.
Read Tyler Rodriquez's full review
January 11, 2019

BrightEdge Review: "If you're serious about SEO, use a serious tool"

As the only SEO professional on a small team, I use BrightEdge to track our search visibility and core keywords, do keyword research, and scope out competitors. It provides a depth and breadth of search analytics, particularly around rankings, that I haven't been able to replicate with other tools. It helps us address the business problem of search visibility and site traffic, which in turn drives conversions and leads.
  • Their DataCube site and ranking analysis is the best in the business. I'd use BrightEdge for this feature alone. With this research tool, I can understand our keyword rankings profile across all keywords (beyond those tracked in our account), as well as those of competitors and partners.
  • Site Audit is also very strong, allowing us to get a deep understanding of technical errors on our site we need to correct. This was indispensable during a recent major site update.
  • The Customer Success Managers are helpful and knowledgeable.
  • The main weakness of the platform concerns off-page SEO. We use Majestic to supplement the kind of backlink tracking and reporting we want to do, functionality that is somewhat addressed within BrightEdge but not to the point where I could stop using Majestic.
  • The most recent updates to the platform seem to be concerned only with look and feel (which isn't necessarily a bad thing) but I'd like to see more in the way of new features added.
  • The recommendations engine is valuable, but I feel the suggestions are often too narrowly focused on exact match keywords, even though search engines continue to get smarter about which variations of keywords relate to which topics (e.g. latent semantic indexing). I'd like to see the recommendations engine get up to date with these changes.
I've used BrightEdge in my work as an "SEO team of one" at various SMBs, and the functionality suits that work, but I know that it is robust enough to handle enterprise level work and agency work. I feel it's well suited to teams where one or more people are meaningfully dedicating time to SEO or more broadly, digital marketing.

I have generally not recommended it to teams where there is no capacity whatsoever to do the real legwork of SEO: it's not enough to buy the tool and use it, you need to also be focused on creating valuable site content, building links, getting your technical house in order, etc. Implementing BrightEdge is not magically going to improve your rankings, there is real work to be done (partly using the tools BrightEdge offers) and teams need to be prepared for that.
December 14, 2018

Review: "BrightEdge takes your content to a new level"

BrightEdge has been used to improve all the search engine optimization and general content optimization across the marketing website. It also has been used to have a better internal link strategy. It was mostly chose and used by the marketing team.
  • SEO
  • Internal link
  • Customers Engagement
  • Competitor research
  • Digital Marketing
  • Pricing
  • General UX
I would recommend BrightEdge if there is a need for a deep SEO optimization, both technical and content, and if there is a need to review content constantly and with more than two people on your team.

I wouldn't recommended it if the marketing budget is lower than $30k/year or if you already have an SEO copywriter in house and web developers with extensive SEO experience.
November 15, 2018

Review: "BrightEdge - Great for Agencies or multiple clients!"

BirghtEdge is used by our SEM department as well as our client account managers for hotels and resorts.
  • Reporting - seamless pull reports out of the system
  • Keyword Research
  • Recommendations for SEO / Content strategy
  • Expensive
  • Time Consuming
  • Lot of Products within the Suite
Great as an agency to use the tools and easily onboard new team members to get up to date on accounts. BrightEdge certifications are also helpful for team members to become more knowledgeable - takes a lot of time though.
January 11, 2019

Review: "BrightEdge SEO Platform: Ideal for Enterprise or Large Marketing Organizations"

We are a BrightEdge Certified Agency Partner and require all of our customers to either purchase their own instance of BrightEdge or join our Agency instance.

BrightEdge is used by every single Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Analyst subject matter experts at MKG Marketing.

The key business problems that BrightEdge allows us to address in our SEO practice include:
  1. Defeating the evil (not provided) monster
  2. Validating investment into specific keyword categories through keyword and page-level reporting
  3. Keyword research to identify new or "on the rise" keyword targets
  • Annotate Key Events: Using the 'tasks' feature you can create an annotation within BrightEdge when you make changes. This task will automatically run until complete and then, when you pull reporting later, will show you the week that the task was completed so you can say "THAT is what drove the gain/loss in performance"
  • Keyword Research and Tracking
  • Content Strategy: Specifically looking for rich SERP opportunities like universal video, universal image, answer box, etc. results.
  • Site Audit Report is too high level
  • ContentIQ is a little buggy and has room to grow
  • Agency accounts frequently get buggy when you have more than 10 separate domains in your master instance
BrightEdge is well suited for:
  1. Keyword research and strategy
  2. Content strategy
  3. Forecasting SEO gains within your target keyword groups
BrightEdge is less suited for:
  1. Intense, technical site audits
  2. Technical SEO activity of any kind on an ongoing basis
Jane Phelps profile photo
April 18, 2018

BrightEdge Review: "Best Enterprise SEO Platform"

BrightEdge is our main SEO tool that we use to manage all of our clients. We use it daily to manage keywords, competitors, analyze reporting, look for website technical issues, and use their recommendation system to provide tasks to other employees. We also use their content building module.
  • BrightEdge has a great insights dashboard that quickly tells you what is most important to know and act on.
  • The DataCube with BrightEdge is a fantastic tool that allows us to see what our competition is doing and glean for new keywords.
  • Share of voice shows how we are competing with our current competitors and also if there are any new ones that we should be watching.
  • There is so much information available within BrightEdge that it was hard to determine what to prioritize and tackle first. That was an issue, but now that Insights has been launched, it is no longer a problem.
This platform is for larger companies that want to track a lot of keywords and really use the tool. This is not for smaller companies, as the entry cost is too high.
Read Jane Phelps's full review
May 23, 2018

BrightEdge Review: "It's a glittery reporting platform....."

BrightEdge is used by our Marketing Team for SEO. We have been using BrightEdge for almost a year. Our main goal is for BrightEdge is to help us optimize our webpages for Google search in order to increase our rankings, be found more often by potential customers and drive more visitors to our website.
  • BrightEdge does a good job with reporting.
  • It is fairly easy to create Dashboards that can be customized for what you want to see.
  • One of the newer features of BrightEdge, called Insights, can be helpful if you just have a few minutes to spend in the platform and want to find a couple of quick revisions that you can make on your website.
  • The set up / implementation was rushed and, in our case, not completed correctly, which caused many issues down the road.
  • Once you make changes to website based on the Recommendations in BrightEdge and wait for the weekly crawl, the Recommendations, many times, don't fall off of your queue, so you waste a lot of time researching things that were already completed.
  • If you want to change a large number of preferred landing pages around after the initial set up, it's a very manual process.
If you are just looking for a neat reporting platform, BrightEdge is great. We didn't find it incredibly helpful for page optimization, as a lot of the Recommendations that the platform supplied don't make sense on our pages. In addition, once you read through the Recommendations for a couple keywords, they are the same every time, so you don't really need the platform to tell you to put the keyword certain places.
May 21, 2018

Review: "BrightEdge is very useful in finding errors you might be missing and at the same time find new content for your site"

BrightEdge is being used only at the Marketing Department and we use it so we can get deeper insights on our SEO efforts. It helps us identify some errors we would not have the time to pinpoint in specific pages or group of pages and at the same time, BrightEdge gives us recommendations on what keywords to use for certain pages.
  • Datacube is really great, helps you see the performance of some keywords and pick the right ones for specific pages on your site
  • Finding errors in the site in pages you might not see every day that can help you capitalize on SEO
  • Find keywords and topics to create more content for your SEO efforts
  • Showing Keywords that move to page 1 on Google with alerts; shows you when your work is paying off
  • The setup process can be very confusing and long
  • There is much to do when setting up your website; it takes too long and some steps feel unnecessary sometimes
  • Even though the Datacube is very useful sometimes, its information might not be 100% accurate; for some keywords, it showed that competition was low when clearly the competition with high-volume keywords that are not long-tailed are usually very difficult to go for
  • BrightEdge was picking up pages and showing errors as duplicate content that we went to corroborate with Google's Search Console and there was no duplicate content showing.
BrightEdge can be very useful when you need to clean up your site and find some more content for Search Engine Optimization. It is also really good for when you want to show your managers, directors, and or CMOs your success with SEO; it helps you see the keywords that move to page one in Google and also if certain pages are getting more visits.
Eugene Feygin profile photo
October 23, 2017

BrightEdge Review: "An in depth analysis into from the viewpoint of a large organization utilizing a precision built platform"

At Quill.com we utilize the BrightEdge platform within our SEO team as well as across the entire organization. From the merchants that are looking to on-board new vendors (use DataCube) to even the content team to figure out what kind of content we should be creating. We use the platform pretty often and love that it has a lot of amazing features like alerts (send us email reports every day on how our KW are performing) to content IQ and many others! This platform also offers us insight into how our competitors are doing so that we can plan accordingly to ensure we are staying ahead.
  • Search console data storage - As most know - Google only offers 90 days of console data but with BrightEdge I am able to store for a lot longer and go back to look at the data for understanding trends.
  • I can track revenue/visits on a page level while at the same time I can pull up that same page in DataCube and look at how many keywords it's ranking for.
  • Page speed - Can't live without it! Content IQ offers us fantastic insight into how our sight is performing while at the same time the feature is very customizable!
  • DataCube - This is an amazing feature of the platform! I can look up any competitor to see how their pages are ranking. I can also look to see how many quick answers I have as well as my competitors. I can even use this to look for patterns, themes and ideas for developing content.
  • Anomalies - This is a feature that gives me a daily alert on how certain keyword groups are doing on an aggregate level. When you are tracking thousands of - it's sometimes best to get a high level overview of what is going on. Usually I'll get a report saying something like you have 150 KW moved to page one and 20 moved down. Something like this.
  • StoryBuilder - We use this feature to create stories for leadership and often even internally to get a general picture of how things are performing. We often integrate DataCube, search console data and much more. Really helps us sell what we are doing.
  • I think there is still room for growth in the UX department. This tool is pretty intuitive but there are some scenarios that can be a bit complicated like story builder.
  • When you specify a page for a keyword - and that page say after some time redirects or changes - the platform does not recognize that. I hope this will be addressed soon.
This platform is suited for most organizations. The fact you can see how your SEO is actually doing, which pages are bringing in revenue and on what keywords people are coming in - coupled with competitive analysis - makes it the platform every SEO will want. I think it's perfect for in-house SEOs as well as some agencies.
Read Eugene Feygin's full review
Spencer Baselice profile photo
October 19, 2017

Review: "BrightEdge Gives SEOs a Competitive Edge"

Our organization uses BrightEdge to track, monitor and improve rankings in Google for a range of high priority search terms across multiple business franchises. Each department uses it to track and maintain their SEO campaigns, additionally to report on progress to leadership, and to find new opportunities to improve SEO. The product has an easy-to-use interface, is constantly improving and meeting the changing needs of SEOs and marketing managers. The Data Cube is extremely useful in tracking competitors and finding ways to improve our own pages.
  • Data Cube gives you insights into competitors and their penetration or coverage in areas of search that the business wants to be more competitive on. It is easy to use and has a broad range of search terms that is sizable enough amount to be representative for almost all uses.
  • Tracking and monitoring changes in rankings for groups of keywords that your organization is interested in tracking.
  • Reporting to leadership to show progress on SEO campaigns and ROI.
  • Finding new opportunities to improve rankings, low hanging fruit, and terms to defend.
  • Flexible dashboard reporting businesses can tailor to their own needs.
  • Better or more accurate search volume data, currently only uses Google Adwords data.
  • Larger exports for keywords from the Data Cubes, this is currently limited and not always ideal for larger-scale applications or the data.
  • Better support for handling multiple domains and their ranks, i.e. finding the best rank between two domains that are not competitors.
  • More robust site auditing.
BrightEdge is very suited to reporting on your SEO campaigns. It furnishes excellent trended reports that tell accurate stories of your presence in Google SERPs and overall organic search presences. It can also give detailed recommendations to targeted pages and keywords that can use improvement and/or are easy wins. It's also strong in terms of competitive analysis with insights into your competitors' ranks. It is not as suited for technical analysis nor does it really give you a platform for launching extremely large scale SEO campaigns. It can also improve on site audits with the ability to do some of the things that other auditing tools can do.
Read Spencer Baselice's full review
Billy Barker profile photo
October 19, 2017

Review: "BrightEdge helps our marketing team be more successful!"

BrightEdge is used by our marketing team - primarily by our content creators and web admin. BrightEdge allows us to see a variety of metrics based on search engine keywords, that we rank for, could rank for, and what our competitors rank for. We also use BrightEdge to identify keywords or topics to create new content around on our website - mostly for Blogs.
  • Account management. We have regularly scheduled calls for our account management team to go over our account, strategy, and anything else we need help with.
  • BrightEdge gives you recommendations for each preferred page in order to ensure you are doing everything you can to rank well for the targeted keyword/s on a given page.
  • You can easily track all keywords you focus on and see how you rank on Google, any rank change, trends, etc.
  • Integration/automation with your website. It would be great if BrightEdge could automatically pull in new URLs from our website instead of us having to manually add them for each new piece of content we create.
  • I wish our account stats updated more frequently than once a week. Sometimes it's fine, but sometimes you create a new keyword group and have to wait a week to see the details. A nice option would be a week by default, but with the option to force live data when needed.
  • Sometimes certain options seem hidden in the UI. For example, after a year of using the product I just realized there was a section that was actually a drop-down. To BrightEdges credit, it does have a drop-down icon, but I think the placement is in an area that I overlook. Maybe stylizing all options on a page would help, instead of having different looking options in different areas of the page.
I think BrightEdge is perfect for larger businesses that have a dedicated team focused on content creation and SEO. There are a lot of tools and I feel that someone just looking for basic SEO data would be overwhelmed and likely to not use the product. Furthermore, most SEO data can be found for free - what makes BrightEdge successful for us is having a team dedicated that helps us to be successful with their product. If we were left to use the product on our own, we more than likely would stop using it.
Read Billy Barker's full review
Heather Burford profile photo
October 19, 2017

Review: "BrightEdge will shine light on keywords, organic ranking, and SEO recommendations."

We have a small marketing department, so at most, 2 people in the organization use this resource. This platform tracks page ranking for high traffic keywords, provides suggestions for page improvements and has a nice dashboard to track it all. Knowing that organic search is a long-term game, we started seeing result months earlier than anticipated. You can very easily see what the competition is doing, how they rank, and what they are doing to get on page 1.
  • Provides on page recommendations to help improve keyword rank.
  • Suggests other keywords to build content around.
  • Tracks tasks, keyword rank, page 1, striking distance, competitors.
  • Correlate changes in rank to various Google algorithm updates.
This platform is so much more transparent than working with agencies for SEO. We spend less than we did with an agency and we are able to make the changes recommended and see a direct benefit with ranking.
Read Heather Burford's full review
October 30, 2017

BrightEdge Review: "An Over All Good Platform"

I use BrightEdge to monitor ranking on our website for keywords and pages. The platform is also helpful for finding new keywords and show how we compare to our competitors. A useful tool in BrightEdge is the ContentIQ - this gives us insight on what we are missing, what we can improve on and errors that should be fixed for better performance and rank for our site.
  • Keyword reporting is valuable and provides insight on search volume and rank
  • ContentIQ is helpful for finding errors and improvements on our site
  • Backlinks report provides a list of links that gives us insight on links that may not be trust worthy or that are authoritative
  • BrightEdge can be confusing at times to use as there is lots of info provided and you don't know where to start. It takes time to learn it all.
BrightEdge's best feature is the keyword and page reporting, there's lots of value there and once it gets set up, which can take time depending out the size of your site, it's worth it. The latest addition to the platform is the annotation, so every time you update your site it gets recorded automatically.
October 19, 2017

BrightEdge Review: "Generally good, but perhaps over-priced"

BrightEdge is used in several departments but not all that could potentially use it. It helps us monitor ranking and other performance data for the keywords for which we have optimized keywords. It also helps us research competitor keywords and is able to make recommendations on the optimization of important pages.
  • Keyword reporting
  • Page reporting
  • Competitor analysis
  • Grouping of keywords (would prefer to tag keywords rather than maintain many groups as our keywords tend to span multiple groups)
  • Grouping of pages (would prefer to tag pagesrather than maintain many groups as our pages tend to span multiple groups)
  • More of the add-ons could be included in the base price, considering how high the base price is
It's good for online dashboards to demonstrate how optimization efforts are benefitting business stakeholders, providing the administrator is prepared to put in the time and effort to organize and maintain keywords and pages for use in reports. The work required to do that administration is perhaps more time-consuming than I would like it to be.
Lara Ortiz profile photo
March 11, 2016

BrightEdge Review: "Best-In-Class for Enterprise Level Search Optimization"

We use BrightEdge to audit our clients' search performance, identify opportunities and develop strategies to improve that performance, and to execute tactical changes as part of supporting those strategies.
  • Keyword opportunity analysis
  • Competitive analysis
  • Recommendations & task management
  • Quick Google Search Console and Analytics integration.
  • Filter states not always remembered when making changes to keyword lists. Pages reload and you often have to re-filter.
  • Pricing is relatively opaque. No published price point/features list, but at the enterprise level I understand how custom things can be.
  • Adobe Analytics integration can take some time to put in place, so plan ahead.
This is an enterprise tool. While the easy, straightforward practical recommendations are one of my favorite features in BrightEdge, to get the most out of this platform you really do need a solid understanding of how content and search ranking interrelate. Search engines change on a regular basis so the goalposts are always moving, and at this price point, you need to be focused on regular analysis, content investment and continuous tweaks and optimization to make it a worthwhile investment.
Read Lara Ortiz's full review
Mariam Naghshineh profile photo
February 26, 2015

Review: "BrightEdge truly is the all-in-one, top-notch, enterprise SEO platform"

Every SEO customer is provisioned with its own BrightEdge account. The SEO team then uses the platform for:
  • Monthly Reporting
  • Competitor Recommendations
  • Backlink Strategies
  • Tracking Changes & Effects
Currently only the SEO team has access to the platform. We are investigating potential use cases for RFPs and prospecting.
  • Share of Voice Analysis: We really love this feature. It gives us an opportunity to provide customers with insight to their TRUE Organic competition. More often than not, the Organic competitors are quite different from what the customer originally thought. This supports our effort to show Subject Matter Expertise on a regular basis.
  • BackLink Opportunities: This feature really tailors our link building strategy. It allows us to quickly download the gap between our customer & its competition, which provides a 'road map' for link building team. Once the gap has been closed, we re-run the opportunities and move forward with the new plan.
  • Trended Charts: In general, the trended charts are a huge advantage that BrightEdge has over other SEO platforms. I've never come across another tool or company that can provide the same level of data, over time, consistently. As SEO changes and fluctuates, these trended charts become vital to our reporting and investigations, especially when new algorithms are pushed out by Google.
  • Local Search Engines: These are created based on demand, and therefore are not always available for cities or even states that our customers are located in. When these situations arise, we've been told to submit a request. However, we rarely see follow through. This makes it very difficult to provide all customers the same level of insight and reporting.
  • Dashboards vs. Accounts selection/dropdown: These two drop-downs or selections are entirely separate. If a user selects dashboard A, and wants to then click through to the Opportunities tab, they must select Account A. It would be much more user-friendly to have them connected in some way.
  • Oftentimes we want to analyze a chart and create Custom Content that provides more insight for the customer. For instance, when viewing the Share of Voice Analysis, we want to recommend a change in competitors. There is no way to view the SOV tab, while also typing into the dashboard chart. This means that we must open a word or text file to enter the content, then copy/paste it into the dashboard.
My company is not the normal BrightEdge customer. We have 150+ SMBs that each get their own account/dashboard, and each has a small budget (as low as $600). There was a period of learning/tweaking that was needed in order to determine the best way to use BrightEdge for each of these SMBs. I think that the BrightEdge platform is more friendly & useful for a single large company with a large budget, and even more so for one that has clear conversion factors (i.e. e-commerce).
Read Mariam Naghshineh's full review
Sharon Conner profile photo
February 25, 2015

BrightEdge Review: "Great tool for search marketers"

We use BrightEdge to monitor and enhance our Search Marketing strategy. We use it to monitor keywords, pages, technical seo errors, and keep abreast of what our competitors are doing on the online space.
  • We love the competitor monitoring that BrightEdge provides. We like being able to keep an eye on what our competitors are doing.
  • We find the Site Audit tool to be extremely helpful as we recently redesigned all four of our websites.
  • Being able to track revenue and goals at page group level is very helpful.
  • Being able to track classic vs blended rank, as well as tablet and smartphone rank is very useful.
  • The continued addition of local engine ranking around the world is helpful for local SEOs.
  • Would like to see dashboards more customizable, especially for Enterprise level businesses with multiple brands.
  • Dashboards can be slow to load.
BrightEdge is well suited for mid-to large businesses.
Read Sharon Conner's full review
Jay Corcoran profile photo
May 07, 2014

User Review: "Brightedge: Informed SEO Tools"

We use it from an agency standpoint, who mainly focus on the hospitality industry. We use BrightEdge to augment our ongoing SEO efforts across many different client websites. As a tool we use it to mine for opportunities we have within the sites to add or remove certain keywords as well as seeing areas of opportunities to increase organic ranking wherever possible.
  • It provides insights as to how your optimization efforts stand up against competitor terms and shows you your "share of voice" as it is called within the program.
  • Provides a platform for anybody to go in and understand where there are opportunities for SEO improvement.
  • Some of our clients are older legacy clients and are still accustomed to receiving SERP reports, so it fills that need as well.
  • Sometimes the user interface has proven to be less than intuitive for some of our analysts, and has made them hesitant to fully adopt the program.
  • Some of the new product additions, like the integration with Google Webmaster Tools, was extremely difficult to implement, seeing that we had to try to do it for over 100 different websites.
  • Setting up dashboards and reports is time consuming initially, but is a nice feature once in place.
I think it is important to stress, as my company originally adopted BrightEdge strictly as a SERP reporting tool, that it really is a full on SEO management system with the capability to truly show areas of weakness and opportunities. It does require time to use the interface, and training is essential. Once a user is comfortable with it, the results are quickly measurable.
Read Jay Corcoran's full review
Jamie Judson profile photo
February 01, 2014

Review: "BrightEdge Goes Above and Beyond as an SEO Platform"

BrightEdge is currently being used by our organization to monitor the SEO performance of our clients. It is used by the Search Engine Optimization department, however the reports it generates are used by the sales departments within the organization as they are reviewed on a monthly basis directly with the client. The platform allows us to monitor clients progress, organize vital account information, benchmark clients against the competition, as well as keep track of events that happen across the board in SEO or with each individual client.
  • BrightEdge allows us to monitor the competition specified, allowing us to find their strengths (keywords, backlinks, etc.) and use that to further our clients' success.
  • The platform also allows us insight into opportunities we may have but do not know about, with the Share of Voice tool and Keyword Discovery and SEO Performance tools.
  • The dashboards are easy to manipulate and easy to understand allowing you (and the client) to see data in multiple ways, plus there is no limit to the dashboards created.
  • Wide variety of Search Engines to choose from - Global vs. Local, Desktop vs. Tablet or Mobile, Google vs. Bing, etc.
  • The local search engines available are based on demand, therefore they are not available for every location and sometimes not even available in certain states.
  • While the Events tab allows you to add Events to any account, going back and finding events is not easy to do as there is no "Search" functionality.
  • The "Save As" functionality in dashboards does not always copy the dashboard exactly, and will default some charts.
I would suggest the product for larger companies with multiple clients or multiple SEO campaigns. The vendor is beyond helpful in making sure you understand how to use the platform, and working with you to find the best ways to tailor the platform to what you are looking to do. I can't say enough good things about the vendor's communication and follow-through.
Read Jamie Judson's full review
Ryan Sauer profile photo
January 30, 2014

BrightEdge Review: "Do you need an Enterprise SEO Platform or should you hire another SEO?"

BrightEdge served as the main SEO platform in conjunction with multiple other tools by the SEO department. The SEO Technical Specialists were the primary users of BrightEdge as it assisted them with ongoing competitive analysis, keyword rank tracking, management of SEO recommendations, and was utilized for 50% of the monthly SEO report. The platform was only used within the SEO department but with the month after month SEO success it was backed by the marketing executives. BrightEdge also assisted the SEO department with getting approval from marketing executives for SEO initiatives.
  • The Competitive Analysis features increased productivity by eliminating the manual process of performing a competitive analysis.
  • The competitor monitoring reports are not just data dumps and instead dashboard can be configured to display competitor data and visualizations.
  • Usability. One of the main strengths of BrightEdge is its usability. The platform is intuitive for any level of SEO expertise and its clean UI provides a great user experience.
  • The SEO recommendations aren't advanced or innovative but are derived from webmaster guidelines and SEO best practices. Don't get me wrong, SEO fundamentals are essential for long term success but you would expect more out of an "enterprise" SEO platform.
  • While BrightEdge does integrate with 3rd party APIs, it is limited. For example, SiteCatalyst was integrated but very few metrics were accessible and none of the reports were interactive.
  • BrightEdge only keeps historical data for active keywords and competitors. It would be very useful to be able to archive and import historical data.
Is it worth the investment? Since BrightEdge is a relatively large financial investment, I would ensure that the primary users of the platform have the time and ability to use all if not the majority of its features. While BrightEdge has a lot of features (that you pay for), it's important that the users of this platform have adequate time to use and experiment with all of the features.
Read Ryan Sauer's full review
Brittany Potter profile photo
January 28, 2014

BrightEdge Review: "A very efficient tool for powerful SEO insights"

Our team uses BrightEdge to both monitor progress for SEO for our clients as well as collect insights for planning and strategy. We use it across our entire Paid, Earned & Owned Media department. BrightEdge is a huge time-saver - the data is easy to digest and exportable, and allows us to generate powerful insights for client strategies in an efficient manner. The dashboards also assist in creating easy-to-read snapshots of current standings for clients with regard to SEO. With BrightEdge, we are easily able to pull data and show the client how much postiive impact our team has had on their business.
  • All keywords are easy to sort within specific groups, and one keyword can apply to multiple groups without an extra cost.
  • Keyword and page recommendations are a nice place to go to in order to pull insights for people new to SEO and do not know where to begin.
  • Template dashboards allow for easy creation of reporting tools that are created specifically for a job role (i.e. CEO, CMO) - allowing the most important KPIs to be pulled for reporting purposes at any time.
  • When comparing data week over week, the time frames clear whenever a different group needs to be examined for the same time frame. Keeping these weeks static will increase efficiencies when comparing multiple keyword groups across the same time frame.
  • The new page reporting that was created in response to (not provide) can be improved. Often times, agency reporting is provided on a monthly basis, whereas estimated visits and revenue are generated on a weekly basis. Adding an option to pull in monthly data would be extremely helpful, or will at least encourage my team to use this feature more.
  • More feedback for the new page reporting - I don't feel I can trust the estimated visits from keyword rankings. Allowing synchronization for ClearSaleling and other larger platforms as well as the option to compare page metrics with keyword rankings will make BrightEdge the ultimate SEO tool.
BrightEdge is an excellent tool for agencies because it allows multiple accounts and domains to be managed under one roof and very easily. For those doing in-house SEO, it is also a very helpful tool if there is a dedicated resources managing SEO & content marketing. For those who do not have a dedicated resource, you may not be getting the best use of this tool for the price unless you feel you have enough knowledge to pull exactly what you need from this tool.
Read Brittany Potter's full review

Keyword analysis (22)
Backlink management (19)
6.4
SERP ranking tracking (20)
Page grader (18)
Competitive analysis (22)
Site audit / diagnostics (20)
Site recommendations (22)
Task management (20)
Local SEO (15)
Social SEO (15)
Mobile SEO (19)
Global SEO (16)
Multi-domain support (14)
Integration with web analytics tools (21)

About BrightEdge