Overall Satisfaction with BrightEdge
Our organization uses BrightEdge to track, monitor and improve rankings in Google for a range of high priority search terms across multiple business franchises. Each department uses it to track and maintain their SEO campaigns, additionally to report on progress to leadership, and to find new opportunities to improve SEO. The product has an easy-to-use interface, is constantly improving and meeting the changing needs of SEOs and marketing managers. The Data Cube is extremely useful in tracking competitors and finding ways to improve our own pages.
- Data Cube gives you insights into competitors and their penetration or coverage in areas of search that the business wants to be more competitive on. It is easy to use and has a broad range of search terms that is sizable enough amount to be representative for almost all uses.
- Tracking and monitoring changes in rankings for groups of keywords that your organization is interested in tracking.
- Reporting to leadership to show progress on SEO campaigns and ROI.
- Finding new opportunities to improve rankings, low hanging fruit, and terms to defend.
- Flexible dashboard reporting businesses can tailor to their own needs.
- Better or more accurate search volume data, currently only uses Google Adwords data.
- Larger exports for keywords from the Data Cubes, this is currently limited and not always ideal for larger-scale applications or the data.
- Better support for handling multiple domains and their ranks, i.e. finding the best rank between two domains that are not competitors.
- More robust site auditing.
- Overall it has been a positive impact, while results are hard to gauge it has helped spread awareness and given businesses a method to target and implement changes.
Better keyword tracking and reporting, however Ahrefs is easier to set up and faster in some cases. Ahrefs keyword search volume is better and more accurate. Competitive analysis is similar, Ahrefs simply does not have the charting capabilities that BrightEdge has and the dashboards are not as flexible as BrightEdge's StoryBuilder.
BrightEdge is very suited to reporting on your SEO campaigns. It furnishes excellent trended reports that tell accurate stories of your presence in Google SERPs and overall organic search presences. It can also give detailed recommendations to targeted pages and keywords that can use improvement and/or are easy wins. It's also strong in terms of competitive analysis with insights into your competitors' ranks. It is not as suited for technical analysis nor does it really give you a platform for launching extremely large scale SEO campaigns. It can also improve on site audits with the ability to do some of the things that other auditing tools can do.