Overall Satisfaction with Canvas
Canvas is being used as our Learning Management System to house all of our courses, both online and traditional. It is used by all faculty, staff, adjuncts, and students. The decision was made to switch to the Canvas LMS after using a self-hosted version of Moodle for over 5 years. It became necessary to improve our LMS in order to offer fully online programs, and maintain the standards of education that CCU is known for.
- Intuitive. The Canvas platform is the most intuitive and user-friendly LMS out there. I work with a number of those who are are not tech savvy, but Canvas has been easy to implement, and I've received extremely positive feedback from instructors.
- Students are thrilled with this LMS, because of the differentiated learning offered by Canvas. Moodle was a difficult platform in terms of implementing learning, and addressing different learning styles. Students are so excited!
- Administration is awesome. I am able to manage the LMS primarily. We paid for the 24/7 helpdesk with Tier 1 support, and we have an average solve time of less than 2 minutes with a 96% satisfaction rate. Enough said.
- Canvas is a new(er) product. There are some features that are not fully developed and missing. However, updates are made without taking the product offline, and we receive product updates weekly.
- As this is a newer switch, the ROI has not been measured. However, I do know that our enrollment has increased as a result of the implementation.
We compared EVERY aspect of the LMS offerings, and Canvas won in EVERY category. Cost, service, support, ease-of-use, were all "winners," hands-down over other LMS systems we reviewed.
I think Canvas is appropriate for any type of university (large or small), as well as K-12 institutions.