Way to Payroll!
Updated September 12, 2019
Way to Payroll!
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Ceridian Dayforce
We implemented the time and attendance and entitlement modules in 2013 throughout the entire company. This replaced paper timesheets, manual data entry, and an old problematic entitlements system. We just implemented and went live with the payroll and benefits modules in July 2018. This replaced a Ceridian legacy system and eliminated the need to interface the two systems and streamlines the payroll process.
- The "continuous calculations" make it easy to see the effects of changes in real time
- The ability to enter data for multiple pay periods at once reduces the chances of missing something later on
- The ease of enrolling employees in elected benefits
- Completing a ROE is very easy and straightforward compared to older systems I've used.
- How adjustments to entitlements are made. Right now for our full time vacation it's like try to balance 2 moving targets
- The lack of flexibility in entering earnings and deductions. Sometimes a negative amount is needed, but the system just won't allow it.
- Eliminated paper timesheets and in turn the data entry from this
- Reduced payroll processing by at least a half day
It works like a charm! We have been able to set up all of the union rulings along with federal and provincial.
Most of these features are currently not being used by our HR team unfortunately. Having data reported in real time is very useful for answering employee questions.
Everything is connected so it is quick to see that everything is working as it should.
So far it seems to be great! We are still working out some bugs, but that's to be expected since we're still so new on it. I think we have reduced our payroll processing by at least a half day if not more. I would like to see HR implement the recruiting and performance review modules as I can see a benefit for that department, but they're a tough sell!
Ceridian Dayforce HCM Feature Ratings
Using Ceridian Dayforce
2 - They need to be systems oriented, large amount of attention to detail
Evaluating Ceridian Dayforce HCM and Competitors
Yes - Ceridian Insync was replaced because it was getting old and support for it was going to be ending.
- Product Features
- Prior Experience with the Product
- Vendor Reputation
- Existing Relationship with the Vendor
- Positive Sales Experience with the Vendor
We already had some of the other Dayforce features like time and attendance and entitlements, so it made sense to move onto more of the system. also we had been working woth them in Insync.