Complicated and not intuitive, but largely reduces workloadhttps://www.trustradius.com/it-service-management-itsmCherwell Service ManagementUnspecified6.6731012017-11-29T18:05:58.524Z
November 29, 2017
Complicated and not intuitive, but largely reduces workload
Score 5 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with Cherwell Service Management
Cherwell was used across our entire organization as a method to address user help tickets and to organize our service desk. It helped create a workflow so that help tickets were properly routed and flagged depending on severity, collecting all of the proper information and details. It also helped create an organized service desk website so that users could adequately find the information they needed, reducing labor on our end, while also alerting us of common problems so that we could increase efforts on our end to provide enough information to users so those problems didn't arise as much.
- Cherwell's ticketing system does a great job of following a designated workflow. Consistency is important for any organization.
- Cherwell allows for customized workspaces, so a user can see the things that are relevant to them. This cuts down on time it would take to sort through tickets in order to find what is relevant to a particular user.
- Cherwell would often crash, both on logging in or in the middle of entering a ticket. This was extremely difficult and time-consuming on my end.
- While it was possible to customize a workspace, the method for doing so was not intuitive.
- There was not a large help or training source to draw from in order to better oneself at Cherwell.
- As a Blackboard support specialist, Cherwell reduced by tickets by half because tickets were being properly routed and the correct information gathered.
- Cherwell gave us the ability to prompt users to look at the resources they already had, if it was something easy, which helped reduce our workload.
Cherwell is well-suited to an IT organization who is looking for ways to organize their service catalog and make their ticketing system more efficient. It's good for large organizations with several different departments who have to interact with one another. It provides the ability to link within the system, so the paper trail it provides it very beneficial.