simplify the WLC Config
January 18, 2022
simplify the WLC Config
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Cisco Catalyst 9800 Series Wireless Controllers
We use two 9800-80 SSO Clusters as a replacement for the WLC8540. We are at the moment in the migration phase. In the end, there will be around 3000-4500 aps on these Clusters.
Do you think Cisco Catalyst 9800 Series Wireless Controllers delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Cisco Catalyst 9800 Series Wireless Controllers's feature set?
Did Cisco Catalyst 9800 Series Wireless Controllers live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Cisco Catalyst 9800 Series Wireless Controllers go as expected?
Would you buy Cisco Catalyst 9800 Series Wireless Controllers again?
- + Easy config.
- - Still some cosmetic bugs.
- Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE), Cisco Catalyst 9300 Series Switches, Cisco Catalyst 9600 Series Switches and Cisco Catalyst 9500 Series Switches
That the C9800 and the Cat 9k Switches share the same IOS is helpful. So you have nearly the same Software Version running over all the different Platforms. The Commands for troubleshooting are nearly the same.
The SSO Cluster is very important for us. With the ISSU Upgrade starting in 17.3.x we have a big improvement.
At the moment we haven't got any application errors or unplanned outages.
Yes as I wrote before, the tags are very useful to have a regular config over all of the APs. So we have only to set the right AP Name, and then the Policy Tag, RF-Tag, and Site Tag are set to the right value.
- The new tags are very useful for us. Because of the different parts of the company we have separated wifis.
- In the past, you had to set the AP-Group for each new AP. In the New C9800, you can set these tags with the filters, based on the AP Hostname.
- The stagging of the apps also now better, because its easier to make the config over the CLI.
Cisco Catalyst 9800 Series Wireless Controllers Support
Problems get solved
Kept well informed
No escalation required
Immediate help available
Support understands my problem
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response
We have normal Support over the TAC. And in the Background contact the Wireless Innovate Program.
Yes - Yes we got the problem solved.
Great contact to Wireless Innovate Program Team and TAC to solve our problems.